Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 11-15-2008, 10:23 AM   #46

President Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by unwind2
JustMatt....I liked that - thanks for sharing.
Justmatt, I liked a lot of the tone of that too, but here's a challenge for you or the guy who wrote it.

How much would you have to be paid to be a Negro?

I mean still be who you are, with the experiences you have had, but starting tomorrow, you would wake up black as can be. The tight curly hair, big lips, everything. Black, black, black.

I've thought this over too. Some would say, "but then I wouldn't be me, so I wouldn't do it period and it has nothing to do with being black."

Well, I'd wake up looking just like Brad Pitt for free :)

But for me to wake up black would take considerable money. Even though I'd still be who I am, and have had all my previous 43 years as a white man, it would take a lot of money to now be a Negro.

Why? As I said, I'd be Brad Pitt for free, so it's not just change that I'd be trying to avoid. I don't want to be looked at the way I'd be looked at. I don't want to be in a job interview and looked at as a black man, even though I'd still be me in every other way.

If my wife and I were no longer married, I wouldn't want to date as a black man. I wouldn't want to go to the Lexus dealer and negotiate as a black man. I wouldn't want to be stuck on the side of the road broke down and needing help as a black man.

I wouldn't want to be negotiating the price of a home in the neighborhoods I like as a black man. Denver has a fairly large black population (by comparison with Salt Lake mind you) But none of them go to Washington park near our home. I like Washington park, but I'd be looked at different there than I do as a white man.

I'm sure the list is longer, but just because Obama is president doesn't all of a sudden make being black equal. It would take a lot of money for me to wake up and live as a Negro. I'd be Tom Cruise for free too if he was 8 inches taller :)

If in fact I would be Tom Cruise, or Brad Pitt for free, but it would take a lot of money to be a Negro.......what ever amount of money it takes is how much worse off they are, and the penalty they pay. Obama didn't erase it.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-15-2008, 09:53 PM   #47
Sr. Contributor

President Obama

Have you seen this video?

http://the-right-guy.blogspot.com/20...ement-and.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWB,voices tell me evil things
The problem is that too many young people, let's be honest, mostly blacks, think he will make everything perfect for them, free everything, and the rest of us will get stuck paying for it. That's wealth distribution, right?

When reality sets in, there are going to suddenly be a lot of Obama haters out there.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 11-15-2008, 10:57 PM   #48
Top Contributor

President Obama

Oh Danny boy...you gotta step away from the koolaid man ;) ;) ;) ;)

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Old 11-15-2008, 11:09 PM   #49

President Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd (Nomadis Custodis)
It was the Brad Pitt thing right

Old 11-15-2008, 11:27 PM   #50

President Obama

I couldn't have said it any better myself ::) Danny boy, you probaly still believe the 2000 election was "selected, not elected." Sad man, sad. Now the blacks have NOTHING to bitch about, and their thugs like Jesse Jackson, Reverend Al, and the "black" panthers cannot say Whitey Oppresion. Hell our government has been codifying these worthless sucks too long as it is, time to move on. I'm glad Obamma was elected, tho I voted againt him, just for these reasons. I hope you bleeding heart libs get every thing you asked for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd (Nomadis Custodis)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-15-2008, 11:31 PM   #51

President Obama

+20 Unwind2 ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unwind2
JustMatt....I liked that - thanks for sharing.

Old 11-16-2008, 03:01 AM   #52

President Obama

Dan,
I had half of a tirade written but couldn't finish my thoughts. Even though I understand your arguments, I think that I was most bothered by two statements, 1) that it would take "considerable money" for you to wake up black, and 2) a descriptive word that, even though it is not totally disrespectful, it is still derogatory. These seem to be two of the most prejudice statements that I had heard in a long time.

I'm not trying to be accusatory but it is hard to express ourselves when we can't talk in person and inflection and sarcasm and passion can't be heard through the keyboard. I appreciate your difference of opinion, but was really put off with what you wrote.

Now that I got that off my chest, I still look forward to meeting you in person if I'm able to go to the National Rally.
Take care and ride safe,
Rich

Old 11-16-2008, 12:36 PM   #53

President Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by rksaw
Dan,
I had half of a tirade written but couldn't finish my thoughts. Even though I understand your arguments, I think that I was most bothered by two statements, 1) that it would take "considerable money" for you to wake up black, and 2) a descriptive word that, even though it is not totally disrespectful, it is still derogatory. These seem to be two of the most prejudice statements that I had heard in a long time.

I'm not trying to be accusatory but it is hard to express ourselves when we can't talk in person and inflection and sarcasm and passion can't be heard through the keyboard. I appreciate your difference of opinion, but was really put off with what you wrote.

Now that I got that off my chest, I still look forward to meeting you in person if I'm able to go to the National Rally.
Take care and ride safe,
Rich
I'm surprised that my comments caused that much reaction for you.

I just think that if I moved next to ridemslow and didn't talk about politics, I'd have an easier time living there than I would as a black person who kept his politics to himself.

I think as a white person owning a Nomad, it is easier to be here on this board than it would be to be a black person.

Here is some of the comments from this thread that didn't bother you enough to comment on (it does appear that using the word Negro in a non offensive way for impact, bothers you more than using "black" in a purposely offensive way).

If nothing else maybe this will shut up Jackson, Sharpton, and all the rest of the race hustlers, but probably not.

this young black girl said "He's going to save us. He's going to help me be successful." "We are finally (Finally?!?) rising up." Yes folks, we are seeing the true "color" of this election

blacks here have everything at their fingertips

going to college for a black person here is easy

The problem is that too many young people, let's be honest, mostly blacks, think he will make everything perfect for them

All those “black studies” programs that taught kids to hate whitey? You must now thank Whitey.

Now, I can talk smack about lazy black people.

Now the blacks have NOTHING to bitch about

Hell our government has been codifying these worthless sucks too long

So, if I were black Nomad owner, this might not have been as pleasant of a place to hang out at. So, forgetting everything else in society, just hanging out here as a black wouldn't be as pleasant.

So if I were to be fairly compensated for how much less enjoyable being here was, and compensated for every other part of my life as mentioned, I would need a lot of compensation.

Being a black Nomad owner and reading this thread would be just a minute part what I was talking about.

I do like that you can disagree nicely rksaw :)

Old 11-16-2008, 02:02 PM   #54
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
President Obama

So Dan, what your really saying is that your not black afterall???????

Dan, I wouldn't choose to be black either but it's easy to say that after the fact that I was born white.

Answer me this: I don't believe I've ever heard any black person wish he/she was born white. If fact, I've seen the question posed to black intertainers and others and they all say "hell no! I would never want to be Whitey!". I'm ok with that, aren't you?

You know what? I truely believe them. I think your thinking is commendable but your ideology is misplaced. I don't want to be a woman either but that doens't mean I look down on them does it? I don't want to be short either! I'm tall. I don't want to be 25 again (sometimes!) I like being an elder statesman in my 50's.

I'm happy being me, women I think are happy being women and blacks are happy being black.

Now ask me if I'd want to be filthy rich!! HELL YA!!!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 11-16-2008, 02:42 PM   #55

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
President Obama

GOOD GRIEF Dan, we love for jerking the hell out of our chains. I'm a white and I share all of the torture and humility of the black fellow you described. I HATE job interviews so far I'm one for four. And this is my third house that I bought and I hated the negotiations and back and fourth bargaining. And dating..........I got married to the first one that would have me eighteen years ago. :) I'd swap with Samuel Jackson any day. Life ain't easy for anybody. Donald Trump was mad as hell on TV the other day. An I'm willing to bet even Sam has bad days too. I was just kidding about swappig. As bad as it is to be white short and overweight I'd keep it.:O

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 11-16-2008, 04:22 PM   #56

President Obama

Dan, it seems is kinda closed minded. Either that or he just likes to stir up sh*t to see what it smells like. I'd almost bet the latter. ::)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead
GOOD GRIEF Dan, we love for jerking the hell out of our chains. I'm a white and I share all of the torture and humility of the black fellow you described. I HATE job interviews so far I'm one for four. And this is my third house that I bought and I hated the negotiations and back and fourth bargaining. And dating..........I got married to the first one that would have me eighteen years ago. :) I'd swap with Samuel Jackson any day. Life ain't easy for anybody. Donald Trump was mad as hell on TV the other day. An I'm willing to bet even Sam has bad days too. I was just kidding about swappig. As bad as it is to be white short and overweight I'd keep it.:O

Old 11-16-2008, 10:12 PM   #57

President Obama

My better senses seemed to have left me when I decided to "jump-into" this thread tonight. (Thanks a lot Dan for stirring-the-pot once again. Evidently you must be feeling better.)

To all; to some degree I would have to agree with Dan. (Not on all points, but some.)

In reading some of the comments on various threads about Obama -- there appeared to be a number of them with reference isolated to blacks only.

It made me wonder when reading some of the comments how a "black" would feel if they were just "visiting" our otherwise "friendly" group. (I know several blacks that ride bikes -- thus would assume some out there might be riding a Nomad looking for some information and camaraderie.)

I suspect if they had read some of the comments, they weren't getting "warm-fuzzies" or anxiousness to join the group. I know, personally, I was a bit taken-back with a few of the comments.

It seems to me that a lot of Americans voted for Obama -- not just blacks.

Regarding the "expectations" of his supporters -- the sound-bites on the news I heard were from various races -- not just from blacks -- however, it seems a majority of the comments put on this site were directed at "blacks".

I also feel he is going to have a challenge meeting the expectations of his "followers". From what I can tell it isn't just blacks that believe he is going to "save-them" but whites as well. (Just ask my sister-in-law -- she's white and thinks he is the second-coming of some sort).

I didn't vote for Obama; nor do I subscribe to his economic policies or direction.

I can only hope he does a poor job of accomplishing his goal of establishing long-standing entitlement programs -- because they don't match mine.

If this p*sses someone off -- sorry.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 11-16-2008, 10:58 PM   #58
Sr. Contributor

President Obama

actually, she said she won't have to work putting gas in her car or paying her mortgage, that obama was going to help her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Lund
[quote author=rksaw board=offnomad thread=7642 post=134363 time=1226822510]

this young black girl said "He's going to save us. He's going to help me be successful." "We are finally (Finally?!?) rising up." Yes folks, we are seeing the true "color" of this election
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 11-17-2008, 10:41 AM   #59

President Obama

Once again glwilson steps in and says it a lot more eloquently than I do :)

Blowndoge and itsemt, I agree. I usually disagree with the tone here from a different direction than is customary. Ridemslow appears to not like it a bit, but most here keep friendly about the direction I come from, and I appreciate that.

What I was really trying to do was disagree with those who expressed that because Obama is president, everything is now totally equal, so "they" better not complain ever again. Just coming here and reading this thread ought to be proof enough that Obama becoming president hasn't equaled everything out. This thread is just one indication that black is still looked down upon.

BD is probably right, most blacks might not be too excited about becoming white overnight either. But I hoped some here would have given some honest thought to how things might be different if they were all of a sudden black. If Obama being president didn't fix how being a black Nomad owner would feel on this generally friendly site, it didn't fix a lot of other things too.

I do wish that being a black Nomad owner, or a white one, would feel the same here. And it should.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:50 AM   #60

President Obama

It's reassuring to know that I get under youre skin that way. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Lund
Once again glwilson steps in and says it a lot more eloquently than I do :)

Blowndoge and itsemt, I agree. I usually disagree with the tone here from a different direction than is customary. Ridemslow appears to not like it a bit, but most here keep friendly about the direction I come from, and I appreciate that.

What I was really trying to do was disagree with those who expressed that because Obama is president, everything is now totally equal, so "they" better not complain ever again. Just coming here and reading this thread ought to be proof enough that Obama becoming president hasn't equaled everything out. This thread is just one indication that black is still looked down upon.

BD is probably right, most blacks might not be too excited about becoming white overnight either. But I hoped some here would have given some honest thought to how things might be different if they were all of a sudden black. If Obama being president didn't fix how being a black Nomad owner would feel on this generally friendly site, it didn't fix a lot of other things too.

I do wish that being a black Nomad owner, or a white one, would feel the same here. And it should.