Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 06-24-2009, 12:51 PM   #1

Ever wonder why we are really in a crisis?

Ask questions, listen to the words look for facts and question them.... dont be sheep in line for the free kool aid.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
1946 George Orwell

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-24-2009, 06:18 PM   #2

Did you notice that Waters and Pelosi are both from California? That's a state that is doing well!!!! Ha!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 06-24-2009, 06:50 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to dabull

ugh..............gotta go check my blood pressure now....

Old 06-25-2009, 10:10 AM   #4

Words from past Democrats:

'One man with courage makes a majority.'
- Andrew Jackson

'The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.'
- Franklin D. Roosevelt

'The buck stops here.'
- Harry S. Truman

'Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.'
- John F. Kennedy

And for today's Democrats...

'It depends what your definition of 'IS' is?''
- Bill Clinton

'That Obama - I would like to cut his NUTS off.'
- Jesse Jackson

'Those rumors are false ..... I believe in the sanctity of marriage.'
- John Edwards

'I invented the Internet'
- Al Gore

'The next Person that tells me I'm not religious, I'm going to shove my rosary beads up their ASS.'
- Joe Biden

'America is--is no longer, uh, what it--it, uh, could be, uh what
it was once was...uh, and I say to myself, 'uh, I don't want that
future, uh, uh for my children..'
- Barack Obama

'I have campaigned in all 57 states.
- Barack Obama

'You don't need God anymore, you have us democrats.'
- Nancy Pelosi (said back in 2006)

'Paying taxes is voluntary.'
- Sen. Harry Reid

'Bill is the greatest husband and father I know. No one is more
faithful, true, and honest than he.'
- Hillary Clinton (said back in 1998)

"We are gathered here today to honor our fallen soldiers, some of
which are here today.
_Barack Obama

HOW LUCKY CAN WE BE TO HAVE SUCH BRILLIANT MINDS IN CHARGE OF OUR ONCE GREAT COUNTRY!!!
" IN GOD WE TRUST "

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Old 06-25-2009, 07:42 PM   #5
Sr. Contributor

terrebonne_nomad , That would be funny if it wasn't true....

The problem is a stupid person has no idea he is stupid, and if you tell him, he won't belive you because he is stupid. Now we have a whole party of stupid people who have no idea they are stupid.

They fear what they can't understand, and for the most part that ends as one machine or another.

At the rate they would ban machines it will be no time before we end up as cave men............... again.

Now the bad part of that is I am the only one here who is ready to live that way, but I can.

If I must, I am going to sell FIRE to stupid people and charge a TAX too! I just get to keep that tax.... Win win as I see it... LOL

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-25-2009, 07:48 PM   #6

Mac, you have a knack for explaining things so well that even this coona$$ can understand it. You need to run for office ole boy....Maybe you could explain the definition of "IS" to the cigar man.

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Old 06-26-2009, 08:24 AM   #7
Sr. Contributor

Well maybe.... I am like you, a countryboy. I go by if it ain't broke don't fix it, but if it is I fix it.

Only one machine got the better of me so far. That was a Ford Tarus. Over night it ate the charge in a battery, and I spent 8 full hours looking for why. That was some time ago, so my memory might be off some, and I never was a Ford tech either.

That car has 5 or 7 computers, and a slew of fuses, and I yanked them all, and still there was a draw.

It ended as i told the guy to come get the car, as I could not fix it.

He then took it to Ford, and instantly the problem was solved. The windshield had a big crack, which I could see, but I didn't know there was a metalic element inside the glass, and that crack dead shorted the windscreen.

I don't get beat much.

These days the far left wants 'clean cars' and somehow they have the idea electric cars will be clean... I can't figure that, because i don't know of any safe and clean battery.

Add to that the coal burned to charged these batterys over night, and you get as bad if not worse emmisions, just not at your house, and local area. They are looking at the short picture and not the long one when after the batterys are bad, and the mess that will create.

Your cigar man sold us out to China, but the left has figured that out yet.

You can track the paper trail for todays problems and even 9-11 right back to Bill.

All the literal smoke and mirrors act he pulled was so he wouldn't get bagged for TREASON.

The Joker in office today... well what uh, err, um can uh, um , err I uh say?

Just what he might really know about anything remains a total mystery to me.

The one thing I do know is he, and the rest of the far left haven't figured out, that people out of work can't pay to many taxes!

So I don't understand how raising taxes is going to be the cure.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 06-26-2009, 09:57 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
They fear what they can't understand, and for the most part that ends as one machine or another.

At the rate they would ban machines it will be no time before we end up as cave men............... again.
You're riight. ANd then when we stop driving and buying gas and they have outlawed tobacco what will be left for them tax the hell out of to pay their bloated salaries. I say give me a horse and 100 acres and leave me the hell alone. I will gladly give up my cars and cell phones and tv, I will keep my nomad for nostalgic reasons even if I can't ride it. I am a good hunter and a great campfire cook. Bring it on. And mac, I want to open the first branch office of your fire store. I may even forward some of the taxes your way. Got plenty of them stupid folks around here too.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:34 PM   #9

You forgot a couple more:

Pelosi: I was told about waterboarding not briefed... I didnt know about it since I wasnt briefed. The Bush administration lied to us........or maybe I didnt pay attention.

Dodd: I didnt put clause in to allow bonuses, someone modified after I sent it up the hill. Oh wait..... Now I remember.. I did write that.

Obama: I'm gonna reduce the taxes for 95% of americans... unless you count the CAP and Tax, If you smoke, If you drive, If you live.

Barney Franks: I dont think there is a problem with Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac and I think we should roll the dice on the everyone deserves a house situation (2003 I think)

1946 George Orwell

Old 06-26-2009, 12:54 PM   #10

Time for term limits.....eliminate career politicians.
VBA #1047
07 Electra Glide Ultra (43,300 & counting)
03 Nomad - 37,972 (traded 5/6/13)
99 Nomad - Only a memory since 4/27/13

Old 06-26-2009, 01:41 PM   #11
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndbigfish
Time for term limits.....eliminate career politicians.
I figure the only way that will work is to start at the local level, and in 50 or 60 years it will make it to the federal level.

VBA 00735
VROC 28102

2008 KVN MOB & NS

The only hand-held device that should be legal to use while driving is the STEERING WHEEL!

Old 06-27-2009, 08:52 AM   #12
Sr. Contributor

OP, you sound like me... I am broke it seems always. I git hurt bad once and tossed to the dogs for it, and I was on the job that day.

That with other problems caused me to live in the woods 3 full years starting and ending in Sept of the years.

I get nothing, unless I work for it. Last year I earned $7,000.00 and lived to tell about it. I even had to pay 16 dollars and change to the feds for my earnings!

(I don't care about money as you can see)

I know other ways to get around so-called money. Too bad the govt took that a long time ago.. Now we trade worthless papers back and forth like it was money, but it ain't nuthin...

I liked when we took Sadam down he had horded up so-called money in mud brick dwellings and holes in the ground, just stuffed. What a fool. China owns all that trash paper in the first place and they let us use it still.

Bill Clinton sold us to China back when... And if he didn't I don't know how lead paint got on childrens toys.

Our Customs is powerless against the boss,,,,,,, CHINA red commie china at that !

Everything we get from there is sub-standard! sheet rock is toxic from there, metal is junk pot metal, paint is leaded, plastics are found in grain foods, and the list is endless.

Nothing can be done because we ain't on top anymore CHINA is, and they OWN this country, and every poly tic in it.

How the Hell is it we can deal with the commies like this is just Bill Clintons doing... He should be tied to a post and shot and we should declare war on China..

OR do it my way.... No one owns any land because we all do and so because you can't take it with you to the Happy Hunting Grounds, we all can share it.

Of it what you use and improve is yours that year and that year only. If you improve it again, next year you get to use it again..

The scarey part to me is I can recall when phones and other services worked, when you could call customer service and speak with a real human the first time.

I got in some troubles a decade ago with a credit card making a transfer. The company didn;t get it right one bit, and it was 90 days before I was informed and that made a Royal mess.

As I see it these days the power is ify, and that means the computer system is iffy and it is iffy all by itself!

And everybody knows that when the computer is down ain't nuthin gonna happen!

Lets say power goes down for 30 days! I guess a city dweller would be doomed! I'ld just go fishin'. ::)

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 06-27-2009, 07:19 PM   #13

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124588837560750781.html

Brief cut and paste of the Gestapo attitude of the Democrates pushing the Cap and Tax bill.

"During the brief few days in which the bill was debated in the House Energy Committee, Republicans offered three amendments: one to suspend the program if gas hit $5 a gallon; one to suspend the program if electricity prices rose 10% over 2009; and one to suspend the program if unemployment rates hit 15%. Democrats defeated all of them."

1946 George Orwell

Old 06-28-2009, 10:14 AM   #14
Sr. Contributor

Mac is correct. Benjamin Franklin said " A nation of well-informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved.Â* It is in the religion of ignorance that tyranny begins." We have a log of ignorant people in the country that are swayed by populist non-sense and bribed with their own money.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 06-28-2009, 11:14 AM   #15
Sr. Contributor

Well I am the "FOOL" on this site and most any site... Every site needs one. But I live by the laws Jefferson wrote, and this Fedral Govt has stepped way over the line if what should have been limited to them long ago.

The most recent usurper in history was Bill Clinton, who is a communist, married to a radical comminist, on Hilliary.

These days not one goes go by where I don't break some recent law, I just can't help it, but none of these laws hold water under the CONS. So I don't feel any too bad about it.

Fedral income tax was created to pay for WW-1 and that was paid long ago, and the law was supposed to sunset. None of these inciome tax laws were ever ratified, and technicly is is a act of vounteerism to pay.

I don't feel like I am being a nicer guy when I pay, and I sure don't feel like I volunteered.

I should be on some form of welfare for my meek earnings and the work related injury, which the state says i an handicapped for, but I don't ask and so I don't get a thing.

In my world at this point I dream about someone who has means, to want a right hnd man, a very slow right hand man, but I don't see it happeneing.

If the workd goes to hell in a hand basket I would be very popular in woodland skills and old ways tech. I have the tooling for no power, the use of them too.

Will it happen? I have no idea and I sure hope not. I remain ready for anything.

For me it is too early to say much about the current Liar n' Chief, other than I don't like him, however he has time to earn any respect. Somehow i think he will fail that.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac