Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Old 10-16-2010, 10:29 AM   #1

New addition

Hello to all,

Just wanted to show the new addition to the line up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2011-...ht_15793wt_941

I didn't get it off Ebay because once I researched all the hoops you have to jump through to register an imported vehicle I decided to try and find a comparable trailer locally. I lucked out and found a fellow in Calgary who was selling the same model as the one pictured above. Mine is the next size down from the one pictured. This one is roughly 20 cubic feet, the one I have is 16. He purchased it brand new in B.C. and brought it home to Calgary in the back of his pick up. Then found out his older HD was going to be difficult to modify to accept a hitch. So, he decided to sell the trailer. He gave me a great deal and is even willing to deliver it to my home here in Stony Plain next week. I told him I'd take him out for dinner for it's the least I could do for such a gesture.
Just waiting on my Hopkins converter to arrive so that I can wire up the bike. All ready have the hitch in place. This will be nice to pull on our way to California next summer.

Kevin

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-16-2010, 11:26 AM   #2
Top Contributor

New addition

Kevin,
You've made many nice improvements since we rode to Custer, eh? You guys will be traveling in high style now! Hope an overnight stop at our place in Everett is on your itinerary for your trip to Cali next year! I'm guessing we will have quite a posse heading down the Washington/Oregon coast heading to Crescent City...I'm already getting stoked !
VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Old 10-16-2010, 11:44 AM   #3

New addition

Howdy Kris,

Yes, I'm really excited about traveling with the trailer. Don't expect to use it more than a couple times a year so it shouldn't wear out too fast. I can't believe how excited Deb is about the upcoming Rally in California. She got so turned on to traveling on the bike after last years run to South Dakota. Being on the open road, seeing all the different sites from the perspective of a bike rather than through a car window, but especially meeting great new friends like yourself and Tricia really iced it for her. Combining next years Rally with Vancouver Island and then Vancouver itself to see my family is really going to make this a wonderful trip.
Can't say on what our route is going to be or who were hooking up with. "Operator" ( JJ and Lori ) are coming with us, and I'll try and arrange the Calgary group and the interior of B.C. gang to hook up with us as well. Initially our route takes us East of Everett before we turn West to the coast but changes can certainly be made. We're planning on 4 days to get us there because Operator is on a trike, we'll have the trailer and we just don't fancy those 8-10 hour days in the saddle any more.

Counting the days,

your good friend, Kevin

Old 10-16-2010, 12:05 PM   #4

New addition

Kevin, you are getting the same model of trailer that I purchased from Jason last year at americasbesttrailers.com. You will be impressed with it. It pulls great and the 16 cu ft model is quite roomy. Put a good coat of wax on it right away to prevent oxidation of the bright diamond plate alluminum. Carry about 25# of air in the tires. I was running 35 but reduced because of premature wear in the center of both. I also had to pull the rear LED light assemblies out and put a dab of clear silicone on the back of each to hold them against the chassis. They would occasionally pop out and hang by the wiring harness after the rubber grommets that surround and hold them in shrunk from the sunlight. Those are the only suggestions I can think of for this fine little trailer. I know you will both enjoy the extra room on those long trips. Ride safely.

Mitch

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Old 10-16-2010, 11:13 PM   #5
Top Contributor

New addition

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager
Howdy Kris,

Yes, I'm really excited about traveling with the trailer. Don't expect to use it more than a couple times a year so it shouldn't wear out too fast. I can't believe how excited Deb is about the upcoming Rally in California. She got so turned on to traveling on the bike after last years run to South Dakota. Being on the open road, seeing all the different sites from the perspective of a bike rather than through a car window, but especially meeting great new friends like yourself and Tricia really iced it for her. Combining next years Rally with Vancouver Island and then Vancouver itself to see my family is really going to make this a wonderful trip.
Can't say on what our route is going to be or who were hooking up with. "Operator" ( JJ and Lori ) are coming with us, and I'll try and arrange the Calgary group and the interior of B.C. gang to hook up with us as well. Initially our route takes us East of Everett before we turn West to the coast but changes can certainly be made. We're planning on 4 days to get us there because Operator is on a trike, we'll have the trailer and we just don't fancy those 8-10 hour days in the saddle any more.

Counting the days,

your good friend, Kevin
Kevin,
That is so cool.....Tricia has taken a liking to bike travel as well, and for the very same reasons. Whoever your group includes, I have to believe the western BC crew will be coming right down through Everett. There will be a nice group from our area as well, so try to at least plan a night at a local hotel in or near Everett so that we can gather as one large group for the ride south.

I will look at mileage and pick a town/hotel to stop at on the Oregon coast as it will be a two day ride from Everett to Crescent City. Once we establish that....people can start to make reservations because lodging on the Oregon coast books up way in advance! This trip will for sure require some advance planning, but it will be a great adventure!

Traveling on the coast that time of year can be slow....so mileage considerations have to adjusted. Let's keep in touch and see if we can't coordinate our groups. Tricia and I are looking forward to seeing you guys again!

VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-18-2010, 10:59 PM   #6
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
New addition

good for you Kevin, I've considered a tent trailer but don't fancy pulling a trailer or camping at this stage of my life.
I hope your plans include at least a short stay in Langley to see a few of us here.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Old 10-19-2010, 10:41 AM   #7

New addition

Rick,

It's not a tent trailer, I'm with you on the tenting. Deb and I gave that up long ago. This trailer is just so we don't feel so cramped when we travel together. Right now, one hard bag is full of rain gear, air compressor and tire repair. Second hard bag is clothes, and tour pack is my full face helmet and any other clothes we jam in. Top rack on tour pack is for incidentals. Sometimes it's just a pain, so we felt the trailer would reduce the stress.

Kevin

Old 10-20-2010, 01:11 AM   #8
Top Contributor

New addition

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager
Rick,

It's not a tent trailer, I'm with you on the tenting. Deb and I gave that up long ago. This trailer is just so we don't feel so cramped when we travel together. Right now, one hard bag is full of rain gear, air compressor and tire repair. Second hard bag is clothes, and tour pack is my full face helmet and any other clothes we jam in. Top rack on tour pack is for incidentals. Sometimes it's just a pain, so we felt the trailer would reduce the stress.

Kevin
I realize it wasn't a tent trailer. I was just saying I considered a tent trailer. When "judygirl" rode with me I just put a limit on what each of us could take. She got one saddlebag and I got the other. We made a few more trips to the laundry mart during trips. But today if I was to travel again with Judy I might have to go the same way as you and Deb are going and get a cargo trailer. But that's not going to happen. I know that. And I'm OK with that.

But hey!! you haven't said you're going to drop in next summer. Come'on....

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 10-23-2010, 01:00 AM   #9

New addition

nice looking trailer.
I've got a buddy who seems to haul his tent trailer every other ride we do (even when they are day trips) and he loves it.
I think you'll be quite happy with it.

2004 1500fi - Blue and Grey
Ultra Nomad - In progress

CMC#12065 - Edmonton

Old 10-23-2010, 04:23 PM   #10

New addition

Okay, the fellow I purchased the trailer from dropped it off at my house today. Quick check over and all looks great. Just need to get a plate for it, then some nice weather to try it out. Oh ya, still waiting on my Hopkins wire harness to wire the bike up. Should be here next week I hope.

Just put the last one in from our trip to France.

Old 10-23-2010, 09:36 PM   #11

New addition

Wow, you guys can easily travel across the continent with that rig. That trailer looks heavy duty and x-large capacity. Enjoy it.

E.

Old 10-23-2010, 11:15 PM   #12
Top Contributor

New addition

Well at least Kevin will get all his stuff in. Poor Deb will probably get one maybe both saddlebags. Kevin is a high maintenance type of Assit. Regional leader ya know ::) ;) ;)

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 10-24-2010, 12:57 PM   #13

New addition

Kevin..nice addition..."lets take it apart and modify it". I think ya got all your bases covered now. Send me those measurements for your riser extenders. I've got time off this year for the bike show so I will probably see you there and give them to you..John

Old 10-24-2010, 03:30 PM   #14

New addition

Will do John. I have to take the tree off again anyway because since I re routed the cables through the back of the tree instead of through the front, the throttle cable binds slightly on hard right turns. That will be a good time to change out the spacers under the risers. I'll send the measurements soon.

Kevin

Old 10-25-2010, 08:49 AM   #15

New addition

Sounds good Kevin...I too have some new additions in the werks for next season but not what you think they are. Hint..I'm off to the city today for supplies..one of them being brass.