Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Old 03-26-2008, 10:41 AM   #16
Advanced Member

Ever order from Jafrun or Moto-directusa?

http://www.motodirect.com/servlet/Detail?no=162

Joe, did you receive your jacket yet? Mine came yesterday via UPS, a day earlier than scheduled.

My first impression was, this Jacket is a light weight jacket. I don't think it weights in at 4-5 lbs.

Second impression was this jacket is small. I ordered a XL, (46-48), as my chest size is 44". With the waterproof liner installed, I could barely get the thing zippered. Removing the liner allowed for a better fit.

Also the jacket is a shorty type jacket, barely coming to my waist. If I tug hard enough, it will come down to my belt line.

The leather patches on the elbows & shoulders, which I admit I thought would be extra protection, are paper thin. I don't think it would offer any protection in a crash.

The CE Armour in the shoulders was rolled up in it's pocket. Instead of laying flat over your shoulder it was like having a roll of toilet paper sitting up there. This added to the short fit of the jacket. I removed them & the jacket did fit a little better still.

Overall, youz getz what youz pay for. I don't think at $72.00 delivered, this was any screaming deal. I bought my wife a TourMaster mesh jacket that was on closeout from a local store at $79.00 & it's 10 times the jacket this one is.

I'm not trying to flame the company. They did do same day shipping & delivery time was 5 days from Illinois, a day early thn scheduled. But the product in my humble opinion is JUNK. Just my $00.02, for what it's worth. -Rich

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-26-2008, 12:57 PM   #17
Advanced Member

P. S. MotoDirect does offer a no charge return policy, & they allow you up to 365 days to return the items. BUT Shipping & Handling, are not refunded unless there's some error on their part with the order.

I would guess that ordering the wrong size using their size chart would not be an error on their part. If the jacket fit I would keep it despite the poor quality.

Anyway I'm going to return the Jacket & pay for return shipping.

My Grandpa once told me "You only learn from your mistakes & not your sucesses." -Rich

Old 03-26-2008, 03:56 PM   #18

Redeye...

I ended up ordering the one from Jarfram and I'm very happy with it. I will admit it is a $65 jacket, but in Florida I don't need anything heavy so it works for me. Sorry you had a bad experience. If you're only out S&H, well not too bad I guess.
Joe

Old 03-26-2008, 09:36 PM   #19

Send a message via Yahoo to soldierboy3502

I had a hell of a time trying to get a refund from them. THe jacket they sent me was the one model and the 2nd they sent had rust on the buttons! The 3rd finally came and its decend. Three months later I got the refund but now they don't wanna cough up the 3 shipping charges I paid totaling 55 bucks.
Blue Knights Texas XV

Old 03-27-2008, 12:33 PM   #20
Advanced Member

'If you're only out S&H, well not too bad I guess.
Joe"

Round trip S&H in this case is $22.00, for nothing more than the privilege of seeing the jacket in person. I asked for a refund & not an exchange, the jacket was that poor quality. From now on, I'm not buying jackets or helmets over the internet.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-27-2008, 06:47 PM   #21

Redeye... Sorry to hear about your bad experience and $22. That's why my topic started as. "Ever order from Jafrun or Moto-directusa?"

A couple of months ago I ordered a front fenter tip from a Vulcan guy who said it would fit my '07 Nomad. Well it turned out it was for a 1500 and I got stuck with it. Think I let it go on ebay and was out about $25 total shipping and price difference.

We live and learn... Joe

Old 03-28-2008, 11:59 AM   #22
Advanced Member

Joe, Yeaterday I went to the local store I bought my Wife's tourmaster jacket last weekend. In the Tourmaster brand, they didn't have anything in my size. BUT in a FieldSheer brand, they had a whole wall of mesh jackets on close out.

http://www.thehelmetsource.com/fieldsheer.htm High Flow in silver & black.

I bought this for the instore pirce of $79.99. It's not the quality of a Tourmaster, but still a very nice jacket. I see the internet price is $89, but they offer free shipping & there's a 10% discount, the code is Rider5.

So the saga ends. I'm sorry if it seems like I hijacked your thread. -Rich

Old 03-28-2008, 12:01 PM   #23
Advanced Member

I didn't mention, The Helmet Source is right here in Rocklin Calif. -Rich

Old 03-28-2008, 03:41 PM   #24

Nothing beats trying it on in the store and feeling the material. Good for you..Joe

Old 04-15-2008, 11:01 AM   #25
Advanced Member

[quote author=wolfman board=forsalewanted thread=1759 post=36051 time=1201842152]Motodirect has great prices. Their guantlet gloves are awesome for cold weather can't beat em for 13 bucks.quote]

Wolfman, How cold is it when you use their gloves? I'm commuting home every night around 12-3 AM & need some inexpensive winter weight gloves to keep warm down to 40*.
Inquiring minds need to know. -Rich

Old 04-15-2008, 01:53 PM   #26

This where I bought mine and my wifes jackets: Very high quality. Great customer service.

http://www.olympiamotosports.com/

Old 06-14-2008, 10:42 AM   #27
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabby
I had a hell of a time trying to get a refund from them. THe jacket they sent me was the one model and the 2nd they sent had rust on the buttons! The 3rd finally came and its decend. Three months later I got the refund but now they don't wanna cough up the 3 shipping charges I paid totaling 55 bucks.
Cab, which place, moto or jafrum?
Peace Makers LEMC