Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 10-21-2021, 07:16 AM   #1
Advanced Member

K&N part number?

Hi all, I am currently building a chuckster style air intake using the 8.5inch K&N filter. Problem is the parts stores here in Australia want part numbers to order the filter. Does anyone have access to the part number?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-22-2021, 07:19 AM   #2

Madcow I cant see your last private message for some reason mate, and i cant upload photo's on here either. But the part no Redjay posted, is for this . And it's far too big at 14in diameter. As shown in the emails photo's i sent you of my bike, it needs to be 8 & 1/2 in X 3 in. Call K & N, on 00 31 40 256 8678.
And get them to find one that fits.

https://www.knfilters.co.uk/e-1650-r...ent-air-filter

Read the specs on this.

Other contact numbers. https://www.knfilters.co.uk/contact-us

Last edited by mick56; 10-22-2021 at 07:59 AM.

Old 10-22-2021, 08:03 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjay View Post
K&N 60-1280 Air Filter Canadian Tire

Replacement Filter E-1650
This is the kit I put on my 1600 Nomad back in 2009.
I bought it at the local Canadian Tire store here in Southern Ontario.
That would have looked like a dustbin lid on the side of your bike mate. Its 14 & 1/2in diameter.. Scroll down for the specs. https://www.knfilters.co.uk/e-1650-r...ent-air-filter

Old 10-22-2021, 08:53 AM   #4
Top Contributor

My mistake. The kit I bought looked the same as that kit. The bottom plate is not used. Only the top plate with the K&N logo and the filter are used. I will delete my post to save any confusion.

Old 10-22-2021, 09:42 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjay View Post
My mistake. The kit I bought looked the same as that kit. The bottom plate is not used. Only the top plate with the K&N logo and the filter are used. I will delete my post to save any confusion.
I cant remember who gave me the part no, or link to my filter. I remember Gadgets page using a 9in. How they did that, i dont know. Someone on here, sent me a Plastic backing plate, with a bigger intake hole, and rubber connector for the carb. I think it was off a fuel injected bike, because the hole, and intake rubber was oval, instead of round. I put Gaffer tape over the hole where the crossover tube, and breather pipe was. I used an 8 & 1/2, filter, and an old Moroso chrome plate, reversed, to hold it in place. Then the dog bowl fit perfectly inside the raised edge. I put a longer bolt in the backing plate, to hold it all on. Shame that i cant upload photo's here. Admin need to get that sorted out.

Login or Register to Remove Ads