Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 07-02-2018, 06:33 PM   #1
Advanced Member

Thumbs Up Sent our seats off

I finally got around to sending off the Front and Rear Seats to a shop up north. You figure the seat foam is about 20 years old so it was time.

I hem hawed around long enough plus its really really hot down here and also I'm off to the Caribbean for a couple weeks.

So I've been looking at all the makes, models and redo company's but this one fellow struck me as 1st class.

1. Two things I'll send everyone a post card from the caribbean !
2. Once I get back if ever I'll post up my review of the seats or should I say Wife's review.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-02-2018, 09:12 PM   #2

Look forward to hearing about your new seat. Years ago, we took our VN1600 seats to a local guy who was supposedly top notch. We paid about $400. I can honestly say the seats were worse than stock.

We pledged we would go back stock and only consider a Day Long for any future seats. Well we messed around too long and now a new Daylong would be half the value of the bike. Plus we rarely go further than a restaurant ride anymore.

It seems I should not have to pay over a grand and endure a waiting list to get a top notch seat.

Rolfe, enjoy your trip and good luck with the seat fix..

Old 07-02-2018, 09:31 PM   #3
Top Contributor

Some people try lot of things before biting the bullet and sending their seats to Daylong.

Old 07-18-2018, 08:23 PM   #4
Advanced Member

Two things

1. Our Re-Built seats have arrived 6pm C.S.T. WOW

2. Back from the Caribbean double WOW

1. All I did was just set them on RED and of course a quick sit. Since I'm off for the week a major test ride is in store before posting up my review. We cheated on our weight to assume it would be a bit more comfortable? Give me until next week to post on the seats.

2. We had a great time in the caribbean and this time we swam with whale sharks. They were huge at least 20' to 35' long. Just an awesome experience for a couple old folks. So mark that off our bucket list. Met a lot of people from Canada, France, Israel, Mexico and U.S. Here is a picture of our dive group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolfe View Post
I finally got around to sending off the Front and Rear Seats to a shop up north. You figure the seat foam is about 20 years old so it was time.

I hem hawed around long enough plus its really really hot down here and also I'm off to the Caribbean for a couple weeks.

So I've been looking at all the makes, models and redo company's but this one fellow struck me as 1st class.

1. Two things I'll send everyone a post card from the caribbean !
2. Once I get back if ever I'll post up my review of the seats or should I say Wife's review.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2 Our Whale Shark Dive Group 7 2018.jpg (94.4 KB, 33 views)

Old 07-18-2018, 09:18 PM   #5

Nice You got the seat and the experience. Congratulations

2016 1700 Vaquero 10/4/2016
2007 1500 Classic W/ Reckless Fairing, 42,000 miles
2004 600 Honda Shadow 18,000 miles
1989 500 Honda CX Custom 55,000 miles
1973 400 Kawi Triple 5,000 miles

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-21-2018, 10:42 PM   #6

Noting beats a good seat to prevent Monkey Butt Hope it works out as the LONG rides will be pain free :) Good to hear you had a great vacation ! Nothing beats getting away from it all lol.. I just got back from Mexico !

Ride Safe

Old 07-31-2018, 03:37 PM   #7

Originally Posted by rolfe

Got an Ultimate seat per advice on this fine site. The factory seat was like sitting on a brick. Have really enjoyed the Ultimate. Congrats on the new stuffing...still waiting on your fond review. Cool story of swimming with fish. Welcome back.
Harley Bagger Muffs
Christian Motorcycle Rider