Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 11-05-2016, 11:22 AM   #1

Review of Scootworks in Zebulon, NC

Review of Scootworks, Zebulon, NC

I bought some risers from Scootworks and here is my opinion of the product and the company.

The quality of the product is fair at best therefore it is too expensive for what you get.

The customer service is deplorable. Do not even think of emailing them and ask where your order is or you will get this:
This isn't a desk job, it's a fab shop. I certainly don't have time to email everyone and tell them this part is in polishing, that part is being welded, we're machining this or that, it's all immaterial. Else, I would spend a bunch of wasted time sitting in front of the keyboard.”

I was curious and did a bit of online research and found out there are myriads of complains against them.
Do you homework and read forum posts about Scootworks BEFORE you place an order.

The Better Business Bureau alone has 50 recorded complaints and rates them and “F”......Yes “F” as in failure!
You know that 50 recorded complains at the BBB means hundreds of dissatisfied customers that never write a review.

I will never again buy from this company as I do not believe my money should support such poor run business.

If you have bought from that company and are utterly delighted with them, good for you! However, remember that you can put your hand in the snake pit safely only so many times before he eventually bites you.

I will offer you an alternative: Do business with Chucksters Customs instead. I have spoken with Joe before. He is an extremely helpful person and a customer-pleasing businessman. And, his product are of superior quality.

Disclaimer: I am just a customer and not associated with either companies.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by philippe721; 11-05-2016 at 02:03 PM.

Old 11-05-2016, 11:50 AM   #2

I too, have dealt with Chucksters Custom....you get superior quality, and feedback from him. When you order, you know your in good hands....
Just my 2 pecos....

---------------------
Don't start no schit,
there won't be no schit....
*My Sarcasm is directly proportional
to the amount of Stupidity involved*
---------------------
VBA#03239
VROC#37400

VRA
---------------------
2014 Vaquero
2001 Nomad FI
2003 Street Glide (sold)
1500 Meanie, fresh rebuild (sold)
90s BUBF Bobber (sold)
2001 UltraCycle FatPounder (Sold)
1975 HD ElectraGlide (Sold)
1982 Kawasaki Z1 Chopper (Sold)
Suck It Up & Ride!

Old 11-05-2016, 12:09 PM   #3

Same here, I worked with Joe "Chucksters" a year ago with extending both my brake and shift arms on my Voyager and he was great to deal with and the quality was over the top. He will always be my first choice on custom parts.

2005 Vulcan Nomad Sold
2006 Honda 1800 VTX (Freebie) Sold
2008 Harley Ultra Classic Sold
2001 Harley Ultra Classic Sold

Hangtown, Kalifornia

VBA #2625