Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 10-15-2007, 07:13 PM   #1

Sea Foam use?

Read the threads on Sea Foam.. Was wondering how much should I use in a tank of gas. Also Lord Brad, after cleaning the butterfly valves with the Sea Foam and tooth brush, would you recommend the STP carb/intake cleaner spray would be fine? Would it be okay just to scrub the buttefly valves and wipe them clean with a cloth, or do I have to spray the STP carb. cleaner straight into the throttle body. Reason I'm asking is I've got V&H's on the bike with the baffles removed and I don't want to annoy my neighbors while my bike is screaming. Also, for those that have used Sea Foam, is the difference that noticeable once you've poured some in the gas tank? FYI, I've got about 44K on my bike.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-15-2007, 07:39 PM   #2

Sea Foam use?

They recommend 1 oz per gallon but a rich mixture won't hurt. I think I used 1/2 bottle for a full tank and I think its a 16oz can. It will definitly be loud when you spray out the throttle bodies. I did mine in my gargage sunday morning at 9:30 am. If my neighbors weren't already up they were at 9:30! I have stock exaust and I would say between taking the right side cover off and having the intake SCREAMING and the bike in the garage echoing it was about 10 times louder than normal. It was so loud when I came inside my two year was hiding under the kitchen table crying. This is the same kid who loved going to the race track! If you have V&H with baffles removed you probably annoy the neighbors everytime you start your bike anyway. Like my friend always says "If its too loud you're too old" I didn't notice a tremendous difference but I only have about 5000 miles on my bike. It seemed like it ran really good on that 1tank though.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:15 PM   #3
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Sea Foam use?

STP carb cleaner should be sprayed while the throttle is wide open. No need to take a cloth to the valves. You want that cleaner flying down the intake manifold and hitting the intake valves at a good velocity. You want as much cleaning affect as possible and that's the way to do it.

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 10-15-2007, 08:30 PM   #4

Sea Foam use?

I guess I have no choice but to wake up the whole state of VA. when I clean my bike I told my wife I'm going to have to ride the bike into one of the remote coldasacs and perform the work there.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:15 AM   #5
Top Contributor

Sea Foam use?

if you haven't cleaned it in 44,000 miles you will be amazed!!!!!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-16-2007, 11:13 AM   #6

Send a message via MSN to scion0
Sea Foam use?

Ok, so the Sea Foam is in the tank but you still need to clean the other parts as well (?)/

Mike
"Scion0"
VBA#: 0097
Former VBA North Central Asst Regional Leader
St Jude Rides Peoria to Memphis Rider
Retired MSgt, USAF (1979 -99)
"Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff!"
Current ride: 2012 H-D Ultra FLHTCU (Black)
Past ride: 2007 Black Nomad

Old 10-16-2007, 11:18 AM   #7

Sea Foam use?

I can tell when i have seafoam in my bike. She just seems to run better and smother every time i use it.

Old 10-16-2007, 12:31 PM   #8

Sea Foam use?

My bike also runs better when I add it to the fuel, the first time I used it I got about 20 miles to the tank increase in mileage. I also use it in the crankcase oil about once a season to keep the engine clean. I am now a great fan of this product.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 10-27-2007, 12:27 PM   #9
Advanced Member

Sea Foam use?

Quote:
STP carb cleaner should be sprayed while the throttle is wide open. No need to take a cloth to the valves. You want that cleaner flying down the intake manifold and hitting the intake valves at a good velocity. You want as much cleaning affect as possible and that's the way to do it.
Thanks BD, Wow is all I can say, what a difference now. I had to turn my idle screw back almost a full turn. Runs SOOOOO much better
VBA #00077

Old 10-27-2007, 05:21 PM   #10
Sr. Contributor

Sea Foam use?

Always a pleasure to help Scoot. Three times a year should suffice.

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

Member # 0005

Old 10-27-2007, 07:09 PM   #11
Top Contributor

Sea Foam use?

BD, I did the same treatment today and also had to set the idle back. What a difference! Ran like it was strapped to a rocket!
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 10-27-2007, 08:20 PM   #12

Sea Foam use?

Whats sea foam

Old 10-27-2007, 08:48 PM   #13
Advanced Member

Sea Foam use?

Quote:
Whats sea foam

SEA FOAM was developed originally for the marine market—"That's why the great name SEA FOAM." Fred Fandrei, the founder of SEA FOAM, showed Evinrude Outboard Motors how to solve their stale fuel, varnish and carbon problems with its use. Because the product worked so well, and after many years of experimentation, SEA FOAM became a great problem solver in the automotive after market as well. It is renowned as the finest, most multifaceted and safest petroleum product of our times.

TRANS TUNE is a conditioner that is not a stop leak and is compatible with all automatic transmissions, power steering and hydraulic systems.

DEEP CREEP is a multi use penetrating lubricant and cleaner that powers through stuck parts and dissolves rust, varnish and carbon.

BUGS-B-GONE removes ugly bugs fast in 60 seconds or less and is safe on all surfaces.

Products developed at the request of fleets and repair facilities receive instant market acceptance.

VBA #00077

Old 10-27-2007, 10:08 PM   #14
Sr. Contributor

Sea Foam use?

Yea, it works pretty amazing. When you think about it, gas is a natural solvent and when you spill it on your dirty hands it cleans them. Don't know why then the FI gets as dirty as it does but you definitely can tell after using sea foam.

Member # 0005

Old 10-27-2007, 11:52 PM   #15

Sea Foam use?

Quote:
Yea, it works pretty amazing. When you think about it, gas is a natural solvent and when you spill it on your dirty hands it cleans them. Don't know why then the FI gets as dirty as it does but you definitely can tell after using sea foam.

Put some in your Jetsonmobile and ride down here..... meet ya 1/2 way.

<marquee></marquee>