Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 04-22-2015, 09:55 PM   #1

Sena 20S or Scala G9X

My friend and I have been using Scala G4s for at least 4 years now and have had good results with them. They are not perfect, and we have had a few issues over the years.
1. Random disconnects between units when riding
2. Weird issues connecting after talking on phone
3. Had to take battery out and replace to get one working

Despite these weird things we still love them and use them every time we ride together. We are looking to get a set that can do 4-way full-duplex so we can ride with our spouses and all communicate.

We have narrowed it down to the Sena 20s and the Scala G9X (not really interested in other brands/models). Does anyone have experience with either of these units? We are leaning toward the G9X only because of our experience with the G4s, but I hear good things about the 20S, especially after they got the firmware straightened out. I like the BT 4.0 and the ability to play music and talk on the intercom simultaneously on the 20S.

Scala also has the PackTalk coming out soon which seems to be on par with the 20S features but we called them today asking about availability and they said they were still working out some bugs and would not commit to a release date but felt pretty good it would not be before August timeframe.

Any experiences with either of these would be greatly appreciated.

Login or Register to Remove Ads