Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 02-09-2015, 10:48 PM   #1

Camping

[ATTACH]SANY0980.jpg[/ATTACH]SANY0981.jpgI know some members here like to camp. If you have any Pic's of your camp will you post them and talk about your camp site and gear. I use a (Motorvation) Trailer to haul my stuff. Will try to post Pic's if it works My camp is the Nomad and Old Dog has the Vaq.

Ray
Minnesota
2010-1700-Nomad
VBA#01525

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-10-2015, 10:15 AM   #2
Sr. Contributor

When I have gone tent camping on the motorcycle, I used a tent, sleeping bag,
flashlight and bug spray. Oh and the usual stuff you would bring for toiletries and and a change of clothes.
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 02-12-2015, 08:00 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loafer View Post
When I have gone tent camping on the motorcycle, I used a tent, sleeping bag,
flashlight and bug spray. Oh and the usual stuff you would bring for toiletries and and a change of clothes.
Taking a trip to Colorado in June this year. We are camping every other night. Probably going to need a longer list of items than this

Old 02-12-2015, 08:54 AM   #4
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfarer View Post
Taking a trip to Colorado in June this year. We are camping every other night. Probably going to need a longer list of items than this
We all do things differently, when I go on a motorcycle I bring 'enough'. It's mostly about the riding for me. The camp site and a change of clothes is all I really need. there are laundry machines everywhere if needed. If the wife wished to go? I would use the station wagon...

Old 02-13-2015, 06:52 AM   #5

Quote:
We all do things differently, when I go on a motorcycle I bring 'enough'. It's mostly about the riding for me. The camp site and a change of clothes is all I really need. there are laundry machines everywhere if needed. If the wife wished to go? I would use the station wagon...
And a trailer.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-14-2015, 10:30 AM   #6
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
And a trailer.

How right you are!

Old 02-16-2015, 09:20 AM   #7

I love to camp on my Nomad and have traveled cross country doing so. There's no way I could afford to take a 3 week trip and stay in hotels. I usually try to find a KOA about every 5th or 6th day since they have laundry facilities, a pool and hot tub. They always let me and my riding buddies share sites too. I pull a Timeout Camper and absolutely love it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_5767.jpg (97.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 100_5768.jpg (96.8 KB, 17 views)

Old 02-16-2015, 10:09 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf1 View Post
I love to camp on my Nomad and have traveled cross country doing so. There's no way I could afford to take a 3 week trip and stay in hotels. I usually try to find a KOA about every 5th or 6th day since they have laundry facilities, a pool and hot tub. They always let me and my riding buddies share sites too. I pull a Timeout Camper and absolutely love it.
I like you're style mate.
What size trailer's are you bloke's allowed to tow,we English are restricted to 3ft 2in wide and 8ft 2in long from the back wheel spindle, and a maximum of 330lbs.

Old 02-16-2015, 10:33 AM   #9

wolf1 Thanks for posting pic's of your outfit. My friend with the VAQ now has a Timeout Camper and he likes his too. Also like the color of your bike never seen one that color before.

Ray
Minnesota
2010-1700-Nomad
VBA#01525

Old 02-16-2015, 10:33 AM   #10

We don't have any restrictions on trailer size for towing behind a motorcycle. The Timeout claims the lowest tongue weight which is the biggest concern. I think the tongue weight is something like 20 lbs.