Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 04-25-2014, 07:12 PM   #1

A quick refresher of the VBA forum rules...

It has been a while since I read the newer rules to the VBA forum, so I thought I would again. Ummm... very interesting...

Here they are as copied from this VBA link: http://www.vulcanbagger.org/didyoukn...um-rules/c1ks9

Forum Rules & Policies:

The goal of this forum is to discuss Vulcan Baggers in a safe, supportive environment.

No one should ever need to defend their choice of a Vulcan on this forum.

But no one needs to get offended where no offence is intended either.

These rules exist to ensure that forum members understand what is and isn’t acceptable, not to inhibit discussion.

Each member is responsible for his or her own posts. If you see rules getting broken, you may ignore the problem or report it to the moderators, but may not use it as an excuse to break rules yourself.

What Are The Rules?

• Write all forum posts in English.
  • Treat all members with respect and refrain from using direct insults or personal attacks and from flaming.
  • Refrain from spamming, including posting advertisements or referral links to other services that are irrelevant.
  • Refrain from trolling or posting controversial messages meant to bait other users to reply.
  • Refrain from posting in all capitals.
  • Refrain from posting any sexual or inappropriate material. If it’s not work- or family-appropriate, don’t post it.
  • Refrain from excessive swearing or offensive language.
  • Keep your signature reasonable. If you must include a long list, make it horizontal.

While these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Moderators, therefore, reserve the right to discipline for other inappropriate actions. Do not complain if a moderator removes a message you posted. We trust our moderators, and if they've removed a message, they had a good reason. Please do not start a new thread asking why your last thread was moved, deleted, or closed. If you sincerely want to know why, contact a moderator. Threats to moderators are not acceptable.

What Happens If I Break a Rule? The usual practice is as follows, but may be altered by a moderator, depending on the severity of the infraction:

• After the first offense, the problem language or post will be corrected (either edited or deleted) and a PM may or may not be sent to you.
  • After the second offense, a moderator will give you a written warning and place an infraction on your account.
  • After the third offense, you will receive a temporary ban.. The length will depend on the severity of the incident, but will usually be 1-3 months.
  • After the fourth offense, the moderators will assume that you are not willing to follow the rules and you will be banned for 1 year.

What Should I Do If I See a Rule Being Broken?
  • Please report the thread/post to the moderators using the “Report Post” icon () located under the avatar of each post. This report will be sent to all moderators who will respond to the incident as quickly as possible.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-25-2014, 08:02 PM   #2
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwilson View Post

1) The goal of this forum is to discuss Vulcan Baggers in a safe, supportive environment.

2) Keep your signature reasonable. If you must include a long list, make it horizontal.

3) After the third offense, you will receive a temporary ban.. The length will depend on the severity of the incident, but will usually be 1-3 months.
1) I would assume this doesn't include the Off Topic section.

2) There are a few signatures that take up 1/2 a page on my fairly large monitors. Nobody needs to list every single mod to their bike. Make your own site and post a link to it.

3) If an "enthusiast" gets banned for 1-3 months, don't expect them to come back. I don't plan on getting banned but if I'm banned that long, I'll delete my bookmark and move on. Nobody needs my posts/advice that bad.
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1987-1990
2021 Can Am Spyder RT

2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
2014 Nomad - SOLD
2012 Victory Vision - SOLD
2007 Black Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860

Old 04-25-2014, 08:09 PM   #3

3 questions for you Mr Wilson.

1) Does my signature make me look fat?

2) I see that direct insults are not allowed, so I assume indirect ones are okay? :-)

3) In all seriousness, I just changed my signature picture last night , is it too big?
VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina

Old 04-25-2014, 09:29 PM   #4
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoeney View Post

2) I see that direct insults are not allowed, so I assume indirect ones are okay? :-)

3) In all seriousness, I just changed my signature picture last night , is it too big?
1) No. Your wide butt makes you look fat.

2) Insults are NOT allowed. Nobody said you couldn't make scornful remarks.

3) It's not the size of the pic, it's the content. It would be ok if it were a Kawasaki product.
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1987-1990
2021 Can Am Spyder RT

2014 Nomad - SOLD
2007 Black Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860

Old 04-25-2014, 10:30 PM   #5

I noticed only the enthusiasts are posting so far...

Oh... Greg... I never looked close enough to know if you have anything that is fat. With all due respect... I probably never will.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-25-2014, 10:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post

2) There are a few signatures that take up 1/2 a page on my fairly large monitors. Nobody needs to list every single mod to their bike. Make your own site and post a link to it.

3) If an "enthusiast" gets banned for 1-3 months, don't expect them to come back. I don't plan on getting banned but if I'm banned that long, I'll delete my bookmark and move on. Nobody needs my posts/advice that bad.
Chris... I didn't make the rules... but I assume #1 covers all boards. It would only make sense given it IS a Vulcan site.

VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 04-25-2014, 10:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoeney View Post
3 questions for you Mr Wilson.

Sorry Bro, I'm going to have to report this as funny.

2006 Vulcan 1600 Classic "George III" (Patricia's)
2006 Vulcan 1600 Nomad "Grace" (Mark's)
Mark Clark
VBA #1619
TaibhseDaid@Gmail.Com
"Irish" @ Maricopa County Chapter of B.A.C.A.
Phoenix, AZ

Old 04-26-2014, 12:16 AM   #8

Off Color Language... ! Uh OH

I had hoped...and continue to try to, control my urges.

So far I'v only recieved a life time ban..from the yahoo news comments site.

Old 04-26-2014, 01:03 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post

If one of the moderator has to ask someone to stop doing something that is against the rules three time, it's probably best that that person doesn't come back.

That being said, in the last year, I can count on one hand the amount of problems we've had. Our group seems to be pretty easy going.
VBA #1051 (Former President)

Old 04-26-2014, 01:23 AM   #10

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
You trying to imitate Moses, Wilson?

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 04-26-2014, 01:41 AM   #11

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Sam View Post
Off Color Language... ! Uh OH

I had hoped...and continue to try to, control my urges.

So far I'v only recieved a life time ban..from the yahoo news comments site.
I think I just got a regular ban from yahoo. It juss broke my heart.
Thanks for opening that old wound.
Give me a paper cut and pour lemon juice on it why don't cha?

Is Off Color Language Colored Language?

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 04-26-2014, 01:54 AM   #12
Sr. Contributor

Huh? Rules you say?

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 04-26-2014, 01:57 AM   #13
Top Contributor

Quote:
After the first offense, the problem language or post will be corrected (either edited or deleted) and a PM may or may not be sent to you.

After the second offense, a moderator will give you a written warning and place an infraction on your account.

After the third offense, you will receive a temporary ban.. The length will depend on the severity of the incident, but will usually be 1-3 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
If one of the moderator has to ask someone to stop doing something that is against the rules three time, it's probably best that that person doesn't come back.
While I think most, if not all, the mods are fair individuals, it's POSSIBLE that someone could get a ban and NEVER know there was a problem, according to the rules. Look at it this way, the first time, the mod decides not to PM the convict (er, member). According to the rules, the second time there is no notice, just a written warning on the members account. Then, because the inmate (er, member...sorry) didn't realize he/she'd done anything wrong in the first place, they do it a 3rd time. BAM! Three month suspension. If that happened and I tried to log on and got some sort of automated note stating I was banned for 3 months, I'd just leave. I'd also feel bad because I wouldn't have any idea WHY I had been banned.

Since you're here, Mr. President, how about clarifying my first question? Does this rule apply in Off Topic? If so, I think you'll find quite a few of the Enthusiasts will depart, not because they don't want to talk to their VBA friends (I'll bet they have their phone numbers) but because, since they no longer ride/own a Vulcan, they have less to discuss. I can think of quite a few threads that 1) are discussing something other than Vulcan Baggers and 2) cause some to defend their choice of a Vulcan Bagger. 99% of it is all in fun but technically, it's against the rules. Even the Road Glide (oops!) forum I'm a member of lets members talk about other bikes in their Off Topic section (and they WILL boot you out if you talk shit about Harleys anywhere else...period).

Quote:
The goal of this forum is to discuss Vulcan Baggers in a safe, supportive environment.
No one should ever need to defend their choice of a Vulcan on this forum.
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1987-1990
2021 Can Am Spyder RT

2014 Nomad - SOLD
2007 Black Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860

Old 04-26-2014, 09:39 AM   #14

Chris... the first rule simply says the "goal" is to provide a forum in which people can discuss Vulcan baggers. It does not say you cannot discuss other bikes or subjects.

And, no one should have to defend their choice of a Vulcan.

I don't see anything wrong with that rule; however, it would be nice if that was a two-way street... if you get what I mean.

VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 04-26-2014, 09:40 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead View Post
You trying to imitate Moses, Wilson?
The 10-Commandments? Well... if the shoe fits...

VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417