Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 12-16-2013, 10:37 PM   #1
Advanced Member

Credit where credit is due.

So I called the factory and in the course of the conversation the factory rep told me the tech department had authorized the dealer that did the test ride comparison of my bike and another, to reseal the throttle body and adapters to the cylinders in an attempt to stop the uncontrolled surging of the engine in the low rpm band.

What has me wound up is that dealer # 5 told me the factory was walking away from this issue because they didn't believe there was a problem. They didn't want to try and solve the problem. The dealer walked away not the factory. The truthfulness of these dealers has me on edge. How do you trust them? And they want me to let them have my credit card.

The factory rep said I could go to any dealer of my choice, because a repair order has been issued. Well I am going to a dealer the factory said is south west from here. They can address the dirt bypassing the gasket in the intake when they reseal the other parts.

I just can't believe the amount time I have had to invest to get someone to take interest of these 2 issues. How do these dealers stay in business?

You make a living by what you get,
You make a life by what you give.

The measure of a man can be summed up by
how he treats people who are the least significant to him.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-17-2013, 07:31 AM   #2
Sr. Contributor

I'm not sure how those dealers stay in business, other than maybe they are in a high population area. New sucker every minute. The dealers up here are fighting for your business from my experiences.
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 12-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #3

Hopefully they will get it resolved for you.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 12-17-2013, 09:10 AM   #4

Glade kawasaki is taking you seriously, hopefully all will be resolved soon.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 12-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #5
Mega-Contributor

I don't trust the Kawasaki dealers who seem to be clueless to the real world. That's my opinion. I haven't had to deal with the Harley dealer enough to form an opinion yet.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by cactusjack; 12-17-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:23 AM   #6

Same-o, same-o, as far as dealers go. Years ago, when I bought my first Kawi ('98 Nomad Classic), I had a deep knocking sound when getting on the throttle to pass someone. Sounded like a piston slap to me. Took it in, dealer said it was normal. Having no reference point to relate to, I initially accepted their conclusion. Fast forward, the knocking finally got to me and I contacted the factory. There was in fact problem where some improper pistons were installed the some 1500's, mine being one of them. The factory gave me a work order number and sent me back to the dealer for repairs. The dealer was quite unhappy for 2 reasons: first I went over his head and secondly, he was being forced to take up valuable shop floor space at book rates. Too bad, so sad!! I suggest you stay on them to get the repairs needed. I still give props to the factory for stepping up when necessary

Old 12-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #7

Glad to hear there taking care if it for you. Not to sure I would want to take my bike to a dealer that was forced into doing something they didn't want to.
07 Yamaha Stratoliner (charcoal gray), 2012 Kawasaki Voyager ABS (Pearl Alpine White / Pearl Luster Beige) VBA#2460

Old 12-17-2013, 10:10 PM   #8

I went right to Kawasaki North America when I had issues with my Vaquero that were not being taken care of to my satisfaction. Dealer resolved everything pretty quick after that. But the dealer has been good ever since.

Got $500 credit for the inconvenience too. Made the mustang seat and backrest much more affordable.
VBA #2354

Old 12-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
I don't trust the Kawasaki dealers who seem to be clueless to the real world. That's my opinion. I haven't had to deal with the Harley dealer enough to form an opinion yet.

I think most Kaw dealers specialize in ATV, Dirt, and Watercraft before street bikes. I drive 40 miles past my closest Kaw dealer to get to one who shares my interest in street bikes
formerly 2005 Nomad - black/silver

Old 01-07-2014, 12:02 PM   #10

I think this is mostly the norm, I dont think any dealer wants to cover too much or out of their specified quota.. You gotta stay on them and make sure they take care of the job. Otherwise you'll screw yourself.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:41 PM   #11

the dealer I got my bike from is 60 miles away and has a solid reputation for taking care of his customers. he worked for my dad 35 years ago before starting his own shop so he is a good friend
Kawasaki had a big push trying to unload older models and he had the green vaq on the floor so between Ma Kaw and him I got the bike for less than used.
My brother worked for the dealer here in town and i have done paint work for him over the years but he dosent have the same rep and sense I didn't get my bike from him I doubt he would service mine if I even asked
V&H pro pipe
FI2000
custom intake
work in progress