Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 05-12-2008, 05:21 PM   #1
Advanced Member

Cobra Saddlebag side rails are gone!

If anyone's been looking, Cobra has discontinued their saddlebag side rails for the Nomad. I looked everywhere even writing Cobra and nothing. If you have also noticed, the F&I Kawasaki side rails now retail for $300 and the guys selling them on ebay won't budge below 10% off if you're lucky.

I thought I'd pass on a pretty good deal for anyone looking. These are for the 05s and up. They are located under touring bikes, not Vulcan cruisers as most would think. Anyway, they are selling the Kawasaki OEM for $209.96, that's the best I could find anywhere. Shipping was pretty quick and they went right on my 07 with no problems. Here's the link:
http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/pages/cat....ide-rai ls.aspx

I just thought I'd let everyone know just in case you're looking because the prices seem to be going up. ::) If your interested, I'd get them while you can, and NO, I don't work for them. I found a used set on another forum, but he wanted $200 + shipping so I passed. By the way they look better than the picture on their web site, the front of the rail attaches where the lower bracket for the back roll bar attaches, so you don't see that ugly connector.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-12-2008, 05:47 PM   #2

Thanks for the heads up caddman11, I was looking but now that I put the fishtail extensions on my exhaust the lower rails will not fit.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 05-12-2008, 10:25 PM   #3

My buddy had a set of these on his Nomad when he went down. They really didn't protect the bags worth a damn IMO. Fortunately he had insurance, so he didn't have to pay for a new bag & door, PLUS a set of these "bag guards". My understanding is that they are only available in pairs, so you might find odd lefts & rights turning up on eBay when someone trashes one and cannot find single replacements.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:36 PM   #4

I don't think they are ment to be guards. Thay are mostly for more bling as they say. ;)
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 05-12-2008, 10:55 PM   #5
Mega-Contributor

Hmmm As i mnetioned here a while back, someone told me that Cobra no longer sells the luggage rack that mounts on the OEM passenger backrest. It's a conspiracy, I tell you! I'd snap up a set of these guards right now if I didn't need tires. Hell, I may anyway, just as a hedge against future price increases. It's only money, after all. Right?
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-12-2008, 11:09 PM   #6

OMG! Bling speculators!

Old 05-13-2008, 01:04 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddmannq
OMG! Bling speculators!
No Sh!t Cadmann..... We're not always lQQk'n to armor up.... It's the bling man!

My name is Valdez, and I'm a Chromeaholic

Old 05-13-2008, 08:01 AM   #8
Advanced Member

There is still someone selling the cobra luggage rack on ebay for $100. Nice find on the lower rails Valdez, don't know how I missed that one. The thing I'm wondering is did you talk to them or did you just order off their web site? There were loads of dealers (MAW, Scootworks, Cruiser Customizers, Motorcycle International) with them still on their website that didn't have them and couldn't get them.

And so you all know, I don't think the lower rails will protect much either. The bags bulge out over the rails, so unless something is about a foot tall, it's going to get your bags. I was really hoping for better protection, but the bling is BAD!!!!! I guess--to each their own.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:11 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddman11
There is still someone selling the cobra luggage rack on ebay for $100. Nice find on the lower rails Valdez, don't know how I missed that one. The thing I'm wondering is did you talk to them or did you just order off their web site? There were loads of dealers (MAW, Scootworks, Cruiser Customizers, Motorcycle International) with them still on their website that didn't have them and couldn't get them.

And so you all know, I don't think the lower rails will protect much either. The bags bulge out over the rails, so unless something is about a foot tall, it's going to get your bags. I was really hoping for better protection, but the bling is BAD!!!!! I guess--to each their own.
I've experienced dealers advertising and not delivering too. However, these guys sent me an "order confirmation" by email already so apparently they have them in stock. This is how the Hunt Brothers must have felt back in the late 70's when they made a run on the Silver market!!!

Old 05-13-2008, 04:02 PM   #10

Quote:
If anyone's been looking, Cobra has discontinued their saddlebag side rails for the Nomad. I looked everywhere even writing Cobra and nothing. If you have also noticed, the F&I Kawasaki side rails now retail for $300 and the guys selling them on ebay won't budge below 10% off if you're lucky.

I thought I'd pass on a pretty good deal for anyone looking. These are for the 05s and up. They are located under touring bikes, not Vulcan cruisers as most would think. Anyway, they are selling the Kawasaki OEM for $209.96, that's the best I could find anywhere. Shipping was pretty quick and they went right on my 07 with no problems. Here's the link:

I just thought I'd let everyone know just in case you're looking because the prices seem to be going up. ::) If your interested, I'd get them while you can, and NO, I don't work for them. I found a used set on another forum, but he wanted $200 + shipping so I passed. By the way they look better than the picture on their web site, the front of the rail attaches where the lower bracket for the back roll bar attaches, so you don't see that ugly connector.
Caddman - I just received an email today informing me the company I had posted no longer has the rails for sale. I've just used your site to place an order for them. I've deleted my posting so folks won't waste their time trying to buy there. I hope your guys have the rails.... Thanks again for posting

Old 05-13-2008, 04:22 PM   #11
Advanced Member

Hmmm Chrooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-13-2008, 04:31 PM   #12

you can get the cobra luggage rack for the oem sissy bar at meancycles.com $117

Old 05-13-2008, 11:10 PM   #13
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdez (lone Juan)
Quote:

Caddman - I just received an email today informing me the company I had posted no longer has the rails for sale. I've just used your site to place an order for them. I've deleted my posting so folks won't waste their time trying to buy there. I hope your guys have the rails.... Thanks again for posting
What company was that, so the rest of us don't waste our time trying to order something from them we can't get?
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 05-13-2008, 11:29 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdez (lone Juan)

What company was that, so the rest of us don't waste our time trying to order something from them we can't get?
CJ, here's one company that advertises them and I ordered from - but wait, this is one that doesn't have them, and they send a confirmation of your order like they did.....

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/...ctCode=02-6942

Again, you'll not get'm here.

Another one that lQQks like they sell'm is this one and they don't.
is customcruizers (or somethin like that) in Livermore California.

I'm think'n if'n you want these - better suck it up and buy it now... Kinda like buying rice right now.

Good luck

Old 05-14-2008, 12:33 AM   #15
Mega-Contributor

Damn. I was this close [-----] to ordering a set from Phat earlier today. I'm glad I didn't.

I wonder why Cobra is dumping the Nomad accessories? It's not like there's an overabundance of Nomad bling on the market, and Cobra stuff has always been decent quality, at least in my experience.

Edit: I just ordered a set from Cheap Cycle Parts for $209.96 + shipping. That's a killer deal. I checked several other places and the cheapest I found elsewhere were $299.96. I figured I better strike while the iron is hot.

Applying my wife's shopping logic: Hey honey, I just saved us $90!
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060