Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 05-10-2013, 01:46 AM   #1

Vaquero Tour Seat VS Stock

I was wondering if anyone with the tour seat could help me?

I know it is 30% wider than the stock seat and this alone should make it better when riding 2up, I still have the stock seat and took the wife out today on the longest ride she has been on since I bought my Vaquero last year. She was preggo last riding season, on a few short trips so far this year she had told me the stock seat suited her fine. Today however was another story. She complained about numb butt and shifted around a lot lol.

I should also add that I dont have a back rest, hence the reason for short rides. I just dont like her not having support back there. If all goes well I will be able to order a wompus rack and a trunk if i can find one on my budget.

Do any of yo guys run a tour pak and stock seat, I am hoping that this helps with her comfort until I can spring for a tour seat. I think she can ride more comfy with the back support which will ease the shifting around while we ride.

Also I have seen a lot of trunks that are very close to the HD version on ebay for around 80 bones, I know they are just abs plastic but I just cant afford a high end one. Been looking for a old goldwing or something similar that I can paint but its been a dry run unless I want to spend over $200.

I have seen a hella nice rack on ebay for the same price as the wompus rack and sent the guy a message about how I wanted to use it for a tour pak because I dont have the KQR system and he told me his was made of 12 gage metal and didnt see a problem but he had to say as a disclamier that it shouldnt support more then 5 pounds. Sorry cant provide a link because im at work and ebay is a no no lol.

I know it sounds like im just trying to be a cheap ass but my wifes tranny went out on her Exepedition two days ago and right now I will just be happy to get something on the bike so she can ride because she enjoys it just as much as I do, the same day she gave me the green light to order stuff to get her set up on the bike....go figure.

VBA #02164

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by OutlawImmortal; 05-10-2013 at 01:49 AM.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #2

I bought the gel tour seat and found it to be cheaply made and the fit to the bike was not good.in particular the seat pan was thin plastic an very flexible.also the gel pads
retained heat from the motor and were not fun to sit on in warm wheather.i would save
your money until you can buy a mustang or corbin.i personally went with the corbin and am very satisfied.
VBA # 745 COG #11621
wheatland,wy.
rallies-custer 09,kalispell 10,crescent city 11,kanab 12,estes park 13,orifino 14.,red lodge 16

2015 ninja 1000 abs
2014 concourse 14
2012 concourse 14-sold
2011 vaquero-sold
2008 nomad-sold
2005 classic-sold

Old 05-10-2013, 01:39 PM   #3

Vaquero is the only bike I owned and had to replace the stock seat. I would guess the other Kawi seats aren't much better. I've only got 180 miles on mustang seat but well worth the money. Wife is much more impressed too. I think she has 3 more inches of padding. KQR barely locks in place.
VBA #2354

Old 05-11-2013, 01:26 AM   #4

I found a cushion pad that straps onto the passenger seat for around $60 bucks, I might go that route. I think I am going to go with the viking trunk. I have seen a few good reviews on it and its in my price range.

Thanks for the advice, I will just start saving for The mustang seat. I had one on a 1400 intruder once and liked it.

http://www.motorcyclehouse.com/trunk...18216-prd1.htm

VBA #02164

Old 05-11-2013, 08:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawImmortal View Post
I found a cushion pad that straps onto the passenger seat for around $60 bucks, I might go that route. I think I am going to go with the viking trunk. I have seen a few good reviews on it and its in my price range.

Thanks for the advice, I will just start saving for The mustang seat. I had one on a 1400 intruder once and liked it.

http://www.motorcyclehouse.com/trunk...18216-prd1.htm

I hope you post some pictures when you get the box mounted. Curious to what it looks like on a vaquero.

2012 Vaquero
1700 Nomad
(Deceased)
Cobra Tri-Ovals
Racnrays Invention (Throttle Mod)
Ivan's flash
Thunder Tornado Big Air Kit

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #6

I have the Mustang with both drivers and passengers backrest and really like it.
ISO grips with Ray's throttle mod
OEM passenger floorboards
Mustang seat w drivers/passenger backrest
I-Pod adapter
Kruzer Kaddy
Amsoil 10W40
Auxiliary Driving Lights
Michelin Commander II's
Kuryakyn 4575 Longhorn Offset Dually Pegs
Vance and Hines Twin Slash Round Slip ons
EJK Electronic Jet Kit
Chuckster's air Intake System