Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 03-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #1

crazy where to mount horn

I would like to know the best spot to mount the stebel/ badboy/ wolo horn? All 3 are the same size and most likley made by the same company . my bike is a 2011 vaquero ,thanks much..................

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #2

I mounted it in the stock location. It's tight with the bar fully to the left but does not restrict full lock to lock movement. Just used a longer stainless cap screw and washer. Didn't take much time and the horn is much louder.
Vance & Hines Pro Pipe with Supertrapp meg can, Thunder Air kit, Corbin heated seat, Fuel cap mod (close w/o key), I-Pod, Thermometer, mounted dual heat-troller, rear speakers, rear rack, bag liners, Dobeck's Gen 3, grips, backrest, removable coffee holder, 1500 kick-stand, marbled, air horn, adjustable windshield (8"-12.5"), Race Tech Gold Valve Cartridge Fork Emulator & springs, Küryakyn floorboard mount Hwy pegs, etc...

Other rides:
2003 ZRX1200r (X2)
2006 ZX14

Old 03-27-2012, 07:54 AM   #3

Thanks much , it looks like there is room under there ,I was worried the fender may hit when the forks are compressed .

Old 03-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown32 View Post
I mounted it in the stock location. It's tight with the bar fully to the left but does not restrict full lock to lock movement. Just used a longer stainless cap screw and washer. Didn't take much time and the horn is much louder.

I did the same thing and haven’t had an issue in 4K miles. I painted the Wolo horn primer black and you can’t really even see it, BUT YOU CAN HEAR IT!!

I highly suggest the use of a relay as the stock horn wiring/switch isn’t really designed to handle the additional amps these air horns pull.

Dave "Dogleg" Pettigrew
VBA #01124
CVRA & AMA member
Pataskala, OH
2006 Nomad
2011 Red Vaquero - Sold
2008 Nomad - Sold

Old 03-27-2012, 09:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogleg View Post
I did the same thing and haven’t had an issue in 4K miles. I painted the Wolo horn primer black and you can’t really even see it, BUT YOU CAN HEAR IT!!

I highly suggest the use of a relay as the stock horn wiring/switch isn’t really designed to handle the additional amps these air horns pull.

I like the flat black idea, should just about make it invisible. The relay is likely a wise move as well.
Vance & Hines Pro Pipe with Supertrapp meg can, Thunder Air kit, Corbin heated seat, Fuel cap mod (close w/o key), I-Pod, Thermometer, mounted dual heat-troller, rear speakers, rear rack, bag liners, Dobeck's Gen 3, grips, backrest, removable coffee holder, 1500 kick-stand, marbled, air horn, adjustable windshield (8"-12.5"), Race Tech Gold Valve Cartridge Fork Emulator & springs, Küryakyn floorboard mount Hwy pegs, etc...

Other rides:
2003 ZRX1200r (X2)
2006 ZX14

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-28-2012, 08:37 AM   #6

horn

thanks for the advise guys , I know about the relay I had to use it on my previous bike a 2005 C50 blvd looks like we,re gonna mount it this weekend, Thanks for the help and quick replies.