Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 03-21-2012, 08:47 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to Hammy
Windshield

Anyone knows if Klock Works has the new windshield for the Vaquero for sale yet?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-22-2012, 10:54 AM   #2

Not yet, I emailed them last week and still not in productions.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:45 PM   #3

I'm waiting too. I cut the OEM w/s on my Voyager but I want a tinted one. Trying to be patient enough to wait on the flare.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:55 PM   #4

This is what I want too, have been emailing them as well. Did you see the picture I posted in the Vaquero thread? Anyway, the below is from this week

Hey Bob,

They shield is moving along in the R&D stages still. We are getting everything squared away with the fit and finish of the windshield. Since it has not been approved for production I don’t have an ETA on the release date. Once we approve it for production I would have a ETA for you. If you need anything else feel free to contact me.

Thanks,

Noah Arens

Sales/ Customer Service

Klock Werks

VBA #01898

Old 04-25-2012, 08:58 PM   #5

I think it may need to be a little taller to get rid of buffeting with a half helmet, but will be sweet in not

VBA #01898

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-25-2012, 10:34 PM   #6

That's a sweet looking shield. I'm hoping they offer it in different heights. I'm hoping to get about a 12 inch.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:42 PM   #7

my understanding is that the style of the flare allows you to go a couple inches shorter and reap the same benefit

VBA #01898

Old 04-25-2012, 10:54 PM   #8

Interesting, I'm looking forward to ride reports
Vance & Hines Pro Pipe with Supertrapp meg can, Thunder Air kit, Corbin heated seat, Fuel cap mod (close w/o key), I-Pod, Thermometer, mounted dual heat-troller, rear speakers, rear rack, bag liners, Dobeck's Gen 3, grips, backrest, removable coffee holder, 1500 kick-stand, marbled, air horn, adjustable windshield (8"-12.5"), Race Tech Gold Valve Cartridge Fork Emulator & springs, Küryakyn floorboard mount Hwy pegs, etc...

Other rides:
2003 ZRX1200r (X2)
2006 ZX14

Old 04-25-2012, 11:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy4bob View Post
my understanding is that the style of the flare allows you to go a couple inches shorter and reap the same benefit
I'd be all for that. I chose the Voyager over the Vaquero because I wanted the trunk, but the tinted flare would help it look less "paw-paw ish"

Old 04-27-2012, 07:57 AM   #10

The one for the harley fits, I have the 12 inch one on my Voyager, had to modify the holes slightly but the curve on the bottom goes over the two bolt and the other three fit just fine. In fact except missing the two holes it is almost a perfect fit.
(Canadian Veteran Freedom Riders)
2010 VN1700 Voyager, ABS
www.cvfr.ca
VBA #02220

Old 04-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey View Post
The one for the harley fits, I have the 12 inch one on my Voyager, had to modify the holes slightly but the curve on the bottom goes over the two bolt and the other three fit just fine. In fact except missing the two holes it is almost a perfect fit.
Which Harley model shield did you get?

Old 04-27-2012, 10:38 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin_star View Post
Which Harley model shield did you get?
The one for the ultra classic I believe, but it would fit any of the harley bat wing fairings, the bolts on the Voyager, while 5 are almost the same spacing and the bottom of the Klock is designed that the curve will go over the two inner bolts, still allows you to use the bolts but no alteration of the shield is needed, I had to use a dremel to slightly alter the spacing of the two out holes but apart from that it fit right on and I had no problems with it. https://www.dreamcycles.net/products...RODUCT_ID=2897 I got the tall one in clear.
2010 VN1700 Voyager, ABS
www.cvfr.ca
VBA #02220

Last edited by smokey; 04-27-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:19 AM   #13
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey View Post
The one for the ultra classic I believe, but it would fit any of the harley bat wing fairings, the bolts on the Voyager, while 5 are almost the same spacing and the bottom of the Klock is designed that the curve will go over the two inner bolts, still allows you to use the bolts but no alteration of the shield is needed, I think had to use a dremel to slightly alter the spacing of the two out holes but apart from that it fit right on and I had no problems with it. https://www.dreamcycles.net/products...RODUCT_ID=2897 I got the tall one in clear.
Sounds like they should hire you Smokey. They would already be in position to sell the things.

VBA member #01682
Green 1999 Nomad 1500 carb'd 43,000 miles
JOG'd at 20,000, JOG failed at 40,000
SOG'd at 40,000
Darksider

Old 04-27-2012, 10:18 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal2 View Post
Sounds like they should hire you Smokey. They would already be in position to sell the things.
Agreed, not sure why it is so hard / long for them to release one. I thought about buying a Harley model and modding to fit, but hated to spend that much money and not know for sure how would fit.

The other thing holding me back is what size to get. I am reasonably happy with the baggershield in the 12.5" configuration as far as protection / buffeting, but like the look of it at the 8" "down" position, but can't stand the buffeting.

VBA #01898

Old 04-27-2012, 11:08 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy4bob View Post
Agreed, not sure why it is so hard / long for them to release one. I thought about buying a Harley model and modding to fit, but hated to spend that much money and not know for sure how would fit.

The other thing holding me back is what size to get. I am reasonably happy with the baggershield in the 12.5" configuration as far as protection / buffeting, but like the look of it at the 8" "down" position, but can't stand the buffeting.
The Harley shield will fit, I have tried a couple on the voyager, you can even carefully mark and drill the two extra holes as the Harley one uses three vice five, or in the case of the Klock one, no drilling needed, the curvature is also a good fit, no heating or bending was needed.

To put it in perspective as far as height goes, I found the 12 inch one just right, able to look over the top and very little buffeting, remember also a lot of the buffeting is caused by air coming up from under the fairing, hence the need for lowers. I am 6' 1" with a 32 inch inseam and have the mustang seat which raises you up slightly over the stock, the stock seat was better in my humble opinion, and if I ever get a deal on a drivers backrest I will go back to it.
2010 VN1700 Voyager, ABS
www.cvfr.ca
VBA #02220

Last edited by smokey; 04-27-2012 at 11:12 PM.