Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 06-24-2010, 01:26 PM   #1

MAC MAC have a question?

Mac I have a curiosity question.I noticed on your picture/map of the U.S. that all different colors are filled in almost all of the states. Does that mean you have ridden your scooter in all those states? Only ones in the western part that are not colored/white are Or.; Wash.; and Colo.. Now I can understand not getting all the way up to Or.. and Wash..; but why not Colo.. Appears you have hit all around it......Feds after you there?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-24-2010, 02:22 PM   #2

MAC MAC have a question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by markpenn1

Feds after you there?

Mean ex-wife is here?

Old 06-24-2010, 04:33 PM   #3
Sr. Contributor

MAC MAC have a question?

Naw, I get this question from time to time. The plan was hit all 48, but 3 broken ribs and then snow in Montana changed the plan. And snow changed it again east bound, so I just didn't get to hit Colorado.

Now a little snow is one thing to ride on, but with 3 broken ribs shivering is a great choice.

I might be the only rider stupid enough t ride 1/2 the USA with broken ribs and then turn back to ride all the way East.

I had several goals that were missed. 8 of 16 invites were in the Nor' West I missed. i wanted to go to Cape Disappointent there too.

I rode by the Fur Trade Musem in Nebraska twice and couldn't stop in, the same for the Cody musem in Wyoming. I find i can't always controll fate.

My wicked witch of a x lives a few towns to the nawth of me, where I dwell happily with my 2nd wife an angel.

All on that map are one trip, except Maine, which created over 15,000 miles rnd trip and took 10 months. I counted states I was forced to drive a van in too, since the 01 Nomad was stolen in W.Va, but I had already riden a bike in those states before and also in maine many times.

I did go back with my 06 nomad and finish the ride starting from W Va.

The Van and trailer were bought after going to Fla and then turning back for apx 1/2 the country. I tell peoploe I made a wrong turn in Fla and wond up in Arkansas.

I had been told i could ride year round in Arkansas, but at the time this wasn't true. So there after crossing the USA both ways and half again back the van and a traler to fit a bike entered the picture. The van was no more than a rolling shop/ bed room, for another 120+ days i guess.

The bike had it's own trailer too, so it gets confusing telling the tale due to 2 trailers, 1 bike, and van.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 06-24-2010, 04:51 PM   #4

MAC MAC have a question?

So, is the map supposed to represent a state you have ridden any motorcycle in or just the Nomad? Just curious, because if I can use any motorcycle for the map I can fill out quite a few states.

2001 NAD 1500FI

Old 06-24-2010, 05:08 PM   #5
Sr. Contributor

MAC MAC have a question?

Misslemech, Hell it's your map, make it any way you want. I was in all of those states on the 01, except for, Va, Md, Del, NJ, Ct and RI, due to theft. I went back to finsh the ride on the 06, and so ran them both ways. They were not in my path to Cal west bound.

I live 15 minutes from Maine, and about 45 miutes from Vt.

In Wall SD I bought patches for North Dakota, but since i didn't get there either i never sewed them on my jacket. I have only states I have ridden any bike in, but most of them were on a single trip on the 01 Nomad. I would still have that 01 if it wasn't stolen.

In July 06 I went to Arcadia National Park which is in Maine, a place I have been many times before down east on the coast. I have hitch hiked there, ridden bikes there and driven trucks there too before, and have family living about 30 miles from there in Blue Hill.

I was zig zaging every whitchy way to see things I had only read about in books. I saw mostly really big gravel pits like Bad lands, that hole in the ground called Grand Canyon, and others in the area, then that painted gravel pit in the desert. I saw that big tree stump they call the Devils Tower too. Then more rocks in Cal, like 2 Mt Morows, one i climbed the other was banned from any climbing at all. El Capitan and them rocks too, and in Az i saw little rocks called sand fer real as we went thru 7 out of 5 deserts

I don't belong in the desert. For one thying there is no maple trees, and then it is way too hot fer me, and then there is these wild panters living out there that can intersec with a bike doing 65 MPH. One bit my right thigh at that speed and i didn't see it coming really just a tan thing moving faster than I was. It popped up from no where bite me and ran off. My wife says it was a tumble weed. That thing scared the hell out me!

In NM we saw a long lava flow and if you ask me it was just cold enough to walk on. I stayed a night in a town near there called Daytil. They got a great view, but that's about all they got.

Just make the map as you see fit. It isn't to prove a thing.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-24-2010, 06:56 PM   #6

MAC MAC have a question?

I've ridden a Nomad in all the states on my map, but I'd count any state that you were on a bike through. It just so happens that all of mine that I'd been on with another bike, I also was through on a nomad.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:11 PM   #7

MAC MAC have a question?

Cool - have to work on my map now. ;)

2001 NAD 1500FI

Old 06-24-2010, 10:43 PM   #8
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider
MAC MAC have a question?

Most of the states on my map which isn't visible at this time were ridden on an '83 Goldwing. All of the east and northeast were on it. I have only been in Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas with the Nomad. I hope to add more when I can.

As for your question I posed the same one once and was told you can add any state that you rode a bike in.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 06-24-2010, 11:42 PM   #9
Advanced Member

MAC MAC have a question?

I want to know how Dan got his states to be different shades of blue!

Old 06-25-2010, 07:07 AM   #10

MAC MAC have a question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougster
I want to know how Dan got his states to be different shades of blue!
I thought the real one was ugly in a colorful way, so I photoshop'd it more to my liking :)

Old 06-25-2010, 07:51 AM   #11

MAC MAC have a question?

Mac can get a little "gabby" can't he!

Old 06-25-2010, 09:00 AM   #12
Sr. Contributor

MAC MAC have a question?

Who me? Nawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac