Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 03-14-2008, 07:21 PM   #1

First ride of the year

I finally got the bike out and went for a ride. Didn't go far but managed to put 55 miles on her. Sure feels good to back on the road after the winter. Its sort of like running to an old friend you haven't seen in a long time, lots to talk about but the day is just to short. Of course the rain had something to do with it also. They say it got up 67 today, it was nice but it didn't feel that warm.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-14-2008, 07:47 PM   #2

First ride of the year

Congrats on the first ride of the year, jn. Hope the weather co operates for ya, and this the first of many rides. I'm headin out early tomorrow AM for an all dayer. Supposed to be in the 80's here and sunny. I can't wait.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:47 PM   #3

First ride of the year

My wife and I took advantage of the unseasonably warm weather and went for an extended ride this afternoon to check out our Scala Rider Team Headset intercom system. The intercom was awesome and we enjoyed having clear voice conversations on it. I highly recommend it.

We had one close call during the ride. A DWO driver (elderly lady - Driving While Old) actually passed us on the left after we started out from a red light. She would have had to have been blind not to have seen us. She changed lanes about 50 yards past the light with us in the lane next to her. I had to brake hard to avoid getting run off the roadway. An elderly gentleman was in the passenger seat and I know for a fact that he seen us because I had made eye contact with him. I am astonished that he did not alert her to our presence. (maybe he was blind) -- Anyway, it was an excellent example that we have to be the ones on who are forever on our guard as defensive riders.

Another quick note...REMEMBER TO CHECK YOUR TIRE PRESSURES before riding. Mine were both down about 6 psi. I also placed my rear shocks at 20 psi each and placed the rebound on setting number 2. I noticed the difference in the feel of the Nomad and these settings made for a smooth ride.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:31 PM   #4

First ride of the year

+1 on checking the tire pressure.