Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rides/Trip Reports/Travel Information

Old 07-12-2009, 12:29 PM   #1

New England info

If things work out Rick, Teresa, Liz and myself will be leaving Thursday morning for Niagara Fall. We hope to also tour some of the other states although it will be a rushed trip with only 8 days and four of them are going and returning from western New York.

So I am looking for suggestion on what is a must see and places to stay away from. We do not have pass ports so we can not go into Canada. We would like to ride through as many states as possible but no iron butt rides either. We prefer country 2 lanes, scenic areas with curvy, hilly, roads to ride.

Maybe I am asking to much for just 4 days in the area.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-12-2009, 03:11 PM   #2
Top Contributor

New England info

To hit as many states as possible You would have to head east on rt.20 in NY or rt.6 in PA to get to the new england states. You'd be able to see a several states in one day. MY 2 cents
74,010miles
VBA #299
Her's 10 900LT 36,700

09 Bath NY.
10 Lake George NY.
11 National Maggie Valley NC.
12 Pa Wilds (Wellsboro) Pa.
14 Lincoln NH.
17 National Lake George NY.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:57 PM   #3

New England info

Thanks for the info but we will not be going on the trip.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:43 PM   #4

New England info

sorry to hear the trip was canceled. I was wondering if you could pm me the routes you were going to take. I am trying to make a trip east to ny, in the future.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:09 PM   #5

New England info

I took the maps I had to Moberly for Rick and Teresa to use. But we was heading east on MO hwy 24 and staying on it until south of Toledo. Pick up Hwy 6 there and stayed on it to Cleveland. Took hwy 20 the rest of the way to Buffalo, NY. That route takes you by the lake Erie coast and keeps you out of most of the larger towns. Then from the Falls we where going up along the lake Ontario coast and then drop down on hwy 98 and over to Letchworth SP then east to Hammondsport to the Glenn Curtis air museum. On east to Watkins Glen and view the water falls there. Drop down on I 15 to the Grand Cayon of Pennsylvina near Tioga. Then southeast through the Pocono mountains. Then catching the corner of New Jersey and Delaware. Maybe catching Gen. Washington's crossing spot. West and north to Gettysburg and then dropping down to Winchester Virgina and ride hwy 50 west, crossing West Virginia and a small piece of Maryland, ending up in Dayton OH and the Air Force museum. Then hitting interstate 70 west and catching hwy 36 in Indy and back home. That is pretty much the ride covering 8/9 days giving you time to sight see. Sorry I didn't have all the little road numbers but I am sure you can get the idea and cut yourself a trail. Hope this helps.

Login or Register to Remove Ads