Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 06-19-2009, 10:24 AM   #1

HUGE THANKS TO MARKG (kind of long)

I have to share my story from Custer.

I rode across South Dakot from where I live in Sioux Falls in the east to Custer in the west and my wife was following me in her new car on Wednesday morning. We were going to arrive and eat lunch then meet up and go on the afternoon ride.

We stopped in Rapid City for gas and she mentioned that she wasn't really feeling that well and may not go on the Wednesday afternooon ride.

About 5 miles north of Custer I looked in my mirror and didn't see her. I went around one more curve and still didn't see her. I pulled over and waited for a few cars to go by and she didn't come so I turned around to go find her thinking she was stopped for speeding or something.

I found her pulled over because she was sick and couldn't drive any farther. I parked my Nomad next to the highway and got in the car and drove her to the hotel in Custer so she could lie down. Then I drove up to the rally hotel to find someone to help me get my bike. When I pulled in the first two people I see are markg and cactusjack. I walked up and said "hi, I'm OP. Can I get a ride?" And without question markg says sure hop on. Hadn't known me five minutes and puts me on his Nomad and runs me up the road no questions asked.

THANKS AGAIN MARK.

This is the greatest group of people. I am so glad that I got to meet everyone. Sorry I missed the group rides, and was late for the dinner but what time we had was great. Next time we will stay longer.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-19-2009, 11:28 AM   #2
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to dhomoney Send a message via Yahoo to dhomoney

How is your wife? Is she ok?

Old 06-19-2009, 12:49 PM   #3

You meet the nicest people riding a <s>Honda </s> Nomad !
VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina

Old 06-19-2009, 02:59 PM   #4

Anytime OP. Glad you made it to rally. When your wife feels better take her back for a leisurely run through the hills. You will both enjoy the relaxation. Ride safe, hope we meet again.
2015 Red/Blk Cross Country Tour - sold
2008 Red/Blk Nomad - sold
KE7HG
VBA 00176, IBA 65686, MOA 211564

Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Maggie Valley '11|Kanab '12|Estes Park '13|Red Lodge '16|Custer '18

Old 06-20-2009, 08:52 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhomoney
How is your wife? Is she ok?
She is feeling better. Seems that she is having "spells". She described it to me and I am questioning blood sugar because it always happens in the afternoon around the same time. She is nervous about driving home alone so I have rented a trailer to haul the bike home. She is going to the doctor as soon as we get back.

Everyone was really great about it too. People came up to me at the banquet and introduced themselves by telling me their name and telling me they hope she feels better. Some of them hadn't even met her cause we missed all the group rides. Great bunch of folks here. Best I've ever had the privilege to know.

I will be pushing hard to go to the next National Rally, perhaps solo. And I will make all the rides.

You Guys are the BEST.

Login or Register to Remove Ads