Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 04-23-2010, 01:29 PM   #1

seat modification contact

Does anyone have a contact for Spencer other than the email listed on his website?

I emailed him over a week ago and have not heard back from him.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-23-2010, 02:11 PM   #2

Thought he had a phone number on there?

Old 04-23-2010, 02:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP
Does anyone have a contact for Spencer other than the email listed on his website?

I emailed him over a week ago and have not heard back from him.
Last year, I emailed an inquiry and did not hear back after several days. I later sent an email to disregard. I said the lack of communication was a disqualification for my business. Never heard a word. I had heard before communication was a problem.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:53 PM   #4

thanks for the tips

Old 04-23-2010, 04:57 PM   #5

I assume you are talking about www.greatdaytoride.com? His phone number is on the contact page. He is one person, he answers all the e-mail, phone calls, and does each seat himself, so I cut him a little slack on the initial communication. After that Frank is awesome to deal with, but he is very busy. I know first hand how good of work he does, just got my ZX11 seat back from him a few weeks ago. I would email him again, my first contact with him took a couple tries, but in the end he turns your seat around in 48 hours, every time. He also went way out of his way to get my seat done and shipped back to my friends place before he headed up to Canada with it (Frank can't ship internationally right now).
2007 Honda ST1300 (sold)
2005 Kawasaki Nomad (sold)
2004 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
http://www.strobel.ws
VBA #01021
VROC #29389

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-23-2010, 05:33 PM   #6

He did my seat in January and the service was great. I really like it now. I took about 2 weeks for it to break in.
VBA #01084

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
"

Old 04-23-2010, 08:46 PM   #7
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider

There is a lot of lost business due to communication problems. I am sure he does great work though and is high demand.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 04-23-2010, 08:49 PM   #8

He did my seat over a year ago and it was well worth the time it took to get in touch with him and this is his busy season.

Old 04-24-2010, 10:46 AM   #9
Top Contributor

Unfortunately we now live in a world where people expect a response from an email within hours, certainly within a couple of days. After a couple of days with no response we start to think that they did not get the email. I am guilty of that.

Old 04-24-2010, 12:17 PM   #10

Okay, so if I can get a hold of him, how much improvement are his modifications to the stock seat? I don't need it lowered although setting me back and maybe tilted back and down may be good. I just need a seat that I don't feel pain where my arse and thighs meet, after a short let alone a long ride.
Looking at his seat mods, Ultimate, Mean city cycles and Mustang. Gonna do something soon, just need feedback from other Nomad riders.
Bill

Old 04-24-2010, 04:16 PM   #11

Piper who is a member here, also modifies seats. I have one of his that I bought used a couple seasons ago and I like the look of it, its a little lower the way its cut out. It feels pretty good but Im not sure how it compares to other seats since Ive never ridden on anything other than the stock seat.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 04-24-2010, 08:17 PM   #12

How much do you want to spend? I hear Russell Day-Long makes best seats. Actually they modify your stock seat. But be ready to spend $600 - $1,000.
What is your biggest complain with the stock seat? I have a Mustang seat and it's not that great either. Mean City cycles modified it with memory foam and it was even worse. I took it back and have not picked it up yet. I think the Mustang seatwill go for sale. It was a waste of money. It looks super nice but it's not much superior to a stock seat of you remove the backrest.
Are you aware that you can add a backrest to your stock seat for around $100? It helps a lot. I just had one installed on my stock seat. Wow! what a difference! I can ride for several hours now without getting awful back pain. Check them out. The backrest is made by Grasshopper. He is a member here too. I think Mustang will go for sale. It was a waste of money.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:19 PM   #13

I had mean city cycles do my seat, the 1st time they moved me way too far forward but the 2nd time it is great. I have no real comparison other than stock but have done some several hour rides & very happy with it. Thing is with me along with the stock seat being not so great I needed lowered too

Old 04-25-2010, 09:23 AM   #14

My problem is he pain I get right where my legs meet my arse. Two spots about kill me on short rides with the stock seat, could not ride all day. My old 1500 stock seat was fine, used to ride all day with it but it had quite a few miles on it. Can't wait that long for this one.
I am a curious of the guys modifying the stocker and a little scared as well. I hate to throw money away on the stocker and still not be happy.

Old 04-25-2010, 01:51 PM   #15
Top Contributor

If you have the money go with the Russell Daylong. That way if you do not like it, which I doubt, you will be able to sell it real easy and buy something else.
I have never heard of anyone that did not like their Russell seat. Having said that you may have a pain issue that no seat will fix. What was your last bike and how was the seat on that bike ?
I did not like the Mustang seat on my last bike, a Virago. It was not much better than the stocker which was horrendous.