Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 01-13-2011, 05:27 PM   #31
Top Contributor

Dreading Spring

Quote:
Originally Posted by rksaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponch
I would ask where are you?
Oregon...just kidding.

Not to sound to philosophical, but I'm in each of them:
When I spend time with God I'm uplifted.
When I spend time with my wife I'm fulfilled.
When I spend time with my kids I'm empowered.When I spend time with Scarlet (my bike) I'm thrilled.
When I spend time working I'm productive.
When I spend time learning I'm enlightened.
When I spend time with friends I'm encouraged.
When I spend time sleeping I'm renewed.

Gee, and all the time we had kids I thought

When I spend time with my kids I'm exhausted. Our girls had a motor that wouldn't quit. Push me, run with me etc, etc, etc. Still wouldn't change it for the world.

When we got in the house I generally told them play nice and quiet while dad checks his eyelids out for leaks.

VBA 213
VROC 16913

Custer 09: Cortez 10: Crescent City 11: Kanab 12: Estes Park 13: Tahoe 14: Red Lodge 16

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-14-2011, 09:30 AM   #32

Dreading Spring

Yep, exhausted. My daughter is 4, my son will be 3 this month, and our youngest daughter is 8 months. They run me ragged. I know now why my dad mowed the lawn so much when I was a kid. Cause when the mower is running you can't hear kids screaming at you. I love em though. We bought the camper last spring and camping with them was kind of a chore cause it rained almost everytime we went and the baby wasn't sleeping through the night yet. This year will be better since now they know what it is about and it isn't so new to them. Hopefully July won't be record rainfall again this year.

Old 01-14-2011, 05:33 PM   #33
Advanced Member

Dreading Spring

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP
... cause it rained almost everytime we went and the baby wasn't sleeping through the night yet. This year will be better since now they know what it is about and it isn't so new to them. Hopefully July won't be record rainfall again this year.
My experience was that it always rained hard on the last night of tent camping and stayed heavily overcast until you had packed the car full with wet, muddy camping gear. And, of course, you couldn't enjoy a good breakfast because you just WANTED TO GET OUT OF THERE!

But we laugh about it now.

Old 01-16-2011, 02:20 AM   #34

Dreading Spring

Yeah, it's hard when they're small, but if you work at it and keep spending time with them it gets better and better.

My 12 year old had an exciting basketball game where his team won by two points in overtime, and my 13 year old still loves to wrestle with her daddy. I just appreciate every day that I get with them because soon they are not going to be "too big" to hang out with their parents.