Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 07-31-2009, 02:09 PM   #16
Sr. Contributor

Our New England Trip

NH and Vt meet up on a line sort oddly with the Ct River being the center. There are not many good west/east roads in NH so getting to VT varries, depending on which way you want to go.

Last Oct I was in MD and rode there beating time down the Interstate hating most of it, and then on the way back I had no time issues and took parkways passing Albany, before i turned East thru VT. Once back to I-91 in VT I was a golden boy other than is was sharply cold..

Now I am not so fond of bridges, and that one crossing the bay at annapolis with a turn and miles long was no fun, and neither were the rest crossing from Delware into NJ, but after that they tend to settle down in sizes if you get up the east side of NY and stay there till after Albany.. i think it is Rt 9 crossing Vt low.

So if you get into a VT tour I can meet you about anyplace on the east side, and if you like you and yours can spend what ever time you like base camping here in and around NH / VT

Check out Rt 25 in NH going to VT... Lots of just breath taking rides and views on that one road not to mention all the others with lighter traffic yet and just as scenic.

The weirs is the start of sceneic, north of there to Canada it jest gets better and better.

My wife likes it when another gal is around too...

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-03-2009, 05:20 AM   #17

Our New England Trip

Cherriann, Sounds like a GREAT trip except for the batery problems... :( We had the same rain on our NY ride.... YOU guys come up to NH in Oct. Ill be there :)........Rich