Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 11-14-2017, 05:42 AM   #1

Doing business with Clearview Windshields

If you have done business with Clearview and were happy with the transaction this warning does not affect you. However, if you are considering ordering from them here are some facts to consider:

1) Whatever size you order, it might be delivered 1/4 to 1/2 inch shorter. Should you call to complain you will be told that they consider even A HALF AN INCH shorter TO BE WITHIN SPECS.
Also, you will be told that this sort of discrepancy "does not adversely change the performance of the screen," by the president of the company. When you talk to customer service you will be told that "it's not an exact science", "there is shrinkage", "within a 1/4 inch is close enough".

When I mentioned that they should warn their customers, the president of the company said that it, ".....does not merit a call out on the website."

This might sound strange when their website claims that: "We take great pride in our craftsmanship"

2) In addition, be fully aware that if you want to return a windshield for ANY reasons (yes even if they admit that they made an error in manufacturing) YOU will have to pay for shipping it back to them, and YOU will have to pay for the new windshield to be shipped to you.
This warning is stated on their website, but in a manner that could be misconstrued.....I just spelled it out more simply in case you thought that they would pay for the return if they had screwed up your order.....they never will, under NO circumstances.

This might sound strange when their website claims that: "we offer a return policy designed for ease of exchange".......it might be easy but very costly to you!....and I won't even go into their absurd restocking fees.

3) You will not find out when your shield will be made or shipped out until you press the order button. Once you have placed your order AND your credit card has been charged THEN, AND ONLY THEN you will be told that the manufacture date is 3 WEEKS AWAY, when you add shipping it will be a month before your windshield arrives.

What I stated above are not opinions but facts about my dealings with Clearview. I personally regret having done business with them and next time will buy from their competitor.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-14-2017, 11:51 AM   #2

I just received my second windshield from Rifle and both times it was delivered in a few days from ordering and both were exactly the size ordered. I will continue to use them in the future because they have great products and it is 50% thicker than the stock one.

Rifle

2005 Vulcan Nomad Sold
2006 Honda 1800 VTX (Freebie) Sold
2008 Harley Ultra Classic Sold
2001 Harley Ultra Classic Sold

Hangtown, Kalifornia

VBA #2625

Old 11-14-2017, 12:05 PM   #3

JD, thanks for the info.
I went their website and it's cheaper. Also, shorter delivery time and not a bunch of disclaimers to cover their butts either.

Old 11-14-2017, 12:23 PM   #4
Top Contributor

I bought a windshield a couple of months ago from Clearview.
They said there was an imperfection with the first one they made for me so they said I could have it at a discount.
I said I wanted one that was perfect and it arrived about a week later.
About 3 weeks in all for the transaction. No complaints.

Old 11-14-2017, 02:48 PM   #5

I have gotten 4 windshields from Clearview and only had a problem with the last one. The problem was they forgot to drill one of the holes, THEY SENT ME A RETURN LABEL AND IT DID NOT COST ME A CENT TO RETURN IT.
They also returned it overnight shipping.
On every shield I ordered they stated they were 18 business days out on manufacture BEFORE I placed the orders.
They make the shields as they are ordered, they are not cookie cutter shields. You get to choose the exact features you want.
I have talked to the the owner a few times and he was very professional , and polite each time.
The measurements on all 4 shields I bought were spot on. Not that I would complain if they were a 1/4" off
They put out an excellent product in my opinion and I will not hesitate to order from them again in the future if I need another shield.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-14-2017, 03:55 PM   #6

I'm in with Tim, my shield is a Clearview, and have no complaints with them either.

Cliff "VulcanE" Evans
2005 Blue & Silver 1600 Nomad
VBA # 320
VROC # 20381

Old 11-14-2017, 10:25 PM   #7

Never used Clearview before, but if anyone is looking for alternatives I highly recommend this company. Windshields only is what they do, nothing else.

http://www.7jurock.com/store/index.php