Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 08-19-2016, 12:28 PM   #1
Top Contributor

Harley Davidson Lawsuit.

Interesting topic.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKCN10T1JP

Maybe its time to get the ECU off to Ivan ASAP.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-19-2016, 07:01 PM   #2
Sr. Contributor

Fuck the EPA.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 08-19-2016, 07:09 PM   #3
Top Contributor

Now tell us how you really feel about the EPA.

Old 08-19-2016, 07:21 PM   #4

The particulars of this lawsuit, and the recent mission of the EPA to follow-through with further investigations on EPA violations, will affect more than Harley.

Expect to see other companies of combustion engine after market products to be targeted if those products violate the EPA rules.

The EPA started with the biggest manufacturer and now they have set the legal precedent of the charges, thus they will more than likely be more successful when charging other companies of after-market products designed to improve performance that are, for the most-part, used by the common owner for the street.

Engine tuning kits, breathers, slip-ons, and many other performance enhancement products are the target.

Now that they have won in the court of law against Harley, suing any other company is nothing more than shooting fish in a barrel.

It was destined to occur, because who really buys these products for off-road use? Few... very few.

It is what it is folks.

Edited: Oh... by the way... given the extreme actions of the EPA, I have to agree with Ponch.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Last edited by glwilson; 08-19-2016 at 07:23 PM.

Old 08-19-2016, 07:23 PM   #5
Sr. Contributor

The EPA has done more to damage our environment than HD and VW would.

And no one in the government paid the price for this.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-19-2016, 07:59 PM   #6

No doubt. Obama, and the Global Warming crew, has them on a mission of extremes.

People need to get a grip on things. When I was younger the skies around major cities was full of smoke and suet from the pollution, and this is not to mention the Hudson Bay catching fire because of the pollution, fuel and crud in its waters.

Compared to then, the earth is clean.

Having said that, I do not want the environment destroyed, but the last few years the EPA (under pressure) has over-stepped their bounds.

Al Gore wants to expand carbon tax legislation, only because he owns a business in the brokering of carbon-credits. If he can expand the carbon-tax program to many other businesses, he stands to earn tens of billions. People like Gore promote their "cause" under the illusion of "doing good for the people". What a bunch crap. He is doing it so his company, and others associated in the carbon-credit brokering business have an expanded market; which equals billions of profit.

Carbon-taxation does nothing to control pollution. That is a fact. It is only a do-good illusion to take more money from the masses.

If he is successful in expanding it globally, he and his cohorts stand to make more money than most could count.

Do you hear anything about the details of this. Not unless you do your homework.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 08-20-2016, 02:57 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponch View Post
Fuck the EPA.
Ponch,
You got me started on reading that link you listed, This guy is a very funny man, and, he speaks the truth, in all things.

hank43

Old 08-20-2016, 08:09 AM   #8

The more bullshit you swallow,the more Dollars they screw you for.

Old 08-20-2016, 10:40 AM   #9

Here in California I can see the EPA coming down hard on the aftermarket motorcycle industry soon. That is why after I purchased my 2015 Voyager I decided to keep it stock.

I did have the ECU re-flashed but if they start inspections I will purchase a used one just for the inspections. I will also put pipes on but keep the stock ones for inspections. That is as far as I am willing to go on changing back to stock for inspections. On my 2001 HD Ultra Classic I did have the stage 1 and pipes added. On my 2008 HD Ultra Classic I went the Nightrider XiED route and pipes. I want to keep it simple now if I have to change back stock for inspections.

California has already shut down the aftermarket sales with a threat of excessive fines if they ship non EPA approved items to any California address. It is just a matter of time before California will be one of the first states to implement harsh EPA rules on the motorcycle industry. It's coming, so be ready for the BS we will have to put up with.

2005 Vulcan Nomad Sold
2006 Honda 1800 VTX (Freebie) Sold
2008 Harley Ultra Classic Sold
2001 Harley Ultra Classic Sold

Hangtown, Kalifornia

VBA #2625

Old 08-20-2016, 12:12 PM   #10
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Hog View Post
Here in California I can see the EPA coming down hard on the aftermarket motorcycle industry soon. That is why after I purchased my 2015 Voyager I decided to keep it stock.

I did have the ECU re-flashed but if they start inspections I will purchase a used one just for the inspections. I will also put pipes on but keep the stock ones for inspections. That is as far as I am willing to go on changing back to stock for inspections. On my 2001 HD Ultra Classic I did have the stage 1 and pipes added. On my 2008 HD Ultra Classic I went the Nightrider XiED route and pipes. I want to keep it simple now if I have to change back stock for inspections.

California has already shut down the aftermarket sales with a threat of excessive fines if they ship non EPA approved items to any California address. It is just a matter of time before California will be one of the first states to implement harsh EPA rules on the motorcycle industry. It's coming, so be ready for the BS we will have to put up with.

And that's why companies and people are leaving that state. In 20 years, it'll be mostly illegals and wealthy living there. The only other places I've seen that double down on what doesn't work is NY and Europe. It's as if the governments have a death wish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Old 08-20-2016, 03:20 PM   #11

Could not agree more with what has already been stated from everyone else here. The EPA can suck it. The state of Minnesota did away with stupid emissions testing years ago thanks to Jesse Ventura. He at the time opened the books to prove that there was no revenue from the EPA testing, which was the initial goal from the start, hiding behind the "save the environment" BS. Funny how when you don't have a political puppet in place, common sense prevails. It's all about money, ask Algore how much he has made off of "protecting the environment". And you are very correct about the targets they pick, Greg. They are very deliberate about who they choose to steal from.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:52 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponch View Post
And that's why companies and people are leaving that state. In 20 years, it'll be mostly illegals and wealthy living there. The only other places I've seen that double down on what doesn't work is NY and Europe. It's as if the governments have a death wish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are right about Europe mate.The restrictions on employers is unbelievable,even a small business needs a full time administrator to navigate the red tape of the European Union.Thank christ we just voted to get out of it.

Old 09-20-2016, 02:20 PM   #13
VBA Founder

Well, somebody's got to pay for Obama's golf trips.
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Old 09-20-2016, 02:39 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip View Post
Well, somebody's got to pay for Obama's golf trips.

I have been viewed on here as an anti American by some.Nothing could be further from the truth.But you blokes have got to get a grip on your politicians.In your name,the last 30yrs of the bastards have created havoc all over the fucking place.Now its coming home to your house,sorry mates,but you bought it,now you have to pay.We have been doing it for too long.