Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 10-27-2015, 12:57 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffordgos View Post
HEY JOEL!

Don't go blaming SoCal!

In my life some of the Smartest and Best looking people that I have met, are from SoCal.
Why thank you Cliff, I'm from SoCal

2005 Vulcan Nomad Sold
2006 Honda 1800 VTX (Freebie) Sold
2008 Harley Ultra Classic Sold
2001 Harley Ultra Classic Sold

Hangtown, Kalifornia

VBA #2625

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-27-2015, 01:14 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Hog View Post
Why thank you Cliff, I'm from SoCal
BOOM! Point Made!

Old 10-27-2015, 02:06 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowndodge View Post
Your baton has a shoe on it!

I make a great pirate this Halloween.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:58 PM   #49
Top Contributor

Quote:
HEY JOEL!

Don't go blaming SoCal!

In my life some of the Smartest and Best looking people that I have met, are from SoCal.
Ok. There is that small percentage. Most of the people I knew in California said all the smart ones left.
VBA 213
VROC 16913

Custer 09: Cortez 10: Crescent City 11: Kanab 12: Estes Park 13: Tahoe 14: Red Lodge 16

Old 10-27-2015, 03:04 PM   #50

Quote:

It's been a heavy burden to shoulder my whole life!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-27-2015, 03:32 PM   #51

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Quote:
Your baton has a shoe on it!
Oh, is there no foul depth into putrid depravity to which we shan't sink?

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 10-27-2015, 04:32 PM   #52
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Quote:
Originally Posted by trip View Post
While I certainly don't mind a good debate or discussing issues with you BD, discussing innuendo's is not going to get us anywhere. I respect you (and always have) for the ideals you hold, feelings and opinions you have for the VBA.

I know that you realize that nothing is perfect... and the VBA and how things have been done in the past is not perfect. It's not anyone's fault, it's just they way things are.

But, we all strive to try and make things as fair and equitable as possible. Sometimes things don't work out that way. So, do you want to keep bringing up crap from the past or do you want to move on? I say, let's move on.

To be honest, you and everyone else has the right to move on and start your own group doing anything. It's a free country (or at least last check I thought it was). And to be honest again, if you've started your own group and want to go it alone, what are you doing hanging around here for?

Take your knowledge and wisdom of motorcycles and make the world a better place for all of us. You are very talented mechanically, but you need to quit throwing crap on the walls here. Forgive, forget and move on BD. The hate and negativity will consume you sooner or later.

Just my 2 cents worth.

So, from here on out, if you keep bringing up the past, I'll assume you're just wanting attention and don't really want a resolution to anything. But, if you want to stick around, jump in and help with a positive attitude and try to makes things better like the rest of us, I'll assume we're moving on with greater things on the horizon. It's up to you, my friend.
Me thinks I might have struck a nerve Robert. If you think I'm after attention then I can't help ya there. I ride with many members that havent had an issue riding with me. If you think moving on to greater things is discussing a 16 year old Nomad's plastic oil gear then best of luck with that.

At your recommendation ill take your sound advice about ending my membership.

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 10-27-2015, 05:09 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip View Post
While I certainly don't mind a good debate or discussing issues with you BD, discussing innuendo's is not going to get us anywhere. I respect you (and always have) for the ideals you hold, feelings and opinions you have for the VBA.

I know that you realize that nothing is perfect... and the VBA and how things have been done in the past is not perfect. It's not anyone's fault, it's just they way things are.

But, we all strive to try and make things as fair and equitable as possible. Sometimes things don't work out that way. So, do you want to keep bringing up crap from the past or do you want to move on? I say, let's move on.

To be honest, you and everyone else has the right to move on and start your own group doing anything. It's a free country (or at least last check I thought it was). And to be honest again, if you've started your own group and want to go it alone, what are you doing hanging around here for?

Take your knowledge and wisdom of motorcycles and make the world a better place for all of us. You are very talented mechanically, but you need to quit throwing crap on the walls here. Forgive, forget and move on BD. The hate and negativity will consume you sooner or later.

Just my 2 cents worth.

So, from here on out, if you keep bringing up the past, I'll assume you're just wanting attention and don't really want a resolution to anything. But, if you want to stick around, jump in and help with a positive attitude and try to makes things better like the rest of us, I'll assume we're moving on with greater things on the horizon. It's up to you, my friend.
I got three pretty good guesses. Arranged first as most likely, descending to least likely:

(a) The group will become the "Ultimate Motorbike Association" to which only a hand picked, nice shirt wearing, cognac swirling, fine cigar puffin, privileged few could aspire to become members.

(b) The group will be like the flip-flop, baggy shorts and jersey wearing young-uns on the sport bikes.

(c) First he'd declare himself Royal Omnipotent Potentate, attracting members of like peculiar idiosyncrasies. This highly regarded omniscient, very talented, mechanic's membership would badger, bitch, and worry the living hell out of him and each other (providing relief to their usual victims) and run him out of what's left of funkin' mind!
They would have some fine Cigars and Cognac and expensive shirts.

At any rate or scenario, my less than educated guess is the group would become defunct soon after the first rally.

'Twas Good Ol' Kawhead who warned a few years ago, BD he was incrementally becoming like the personages banished to his "Ignore" list and once his transformation was completed us privileged few on the "Allowed" list would become banished heaps to the "Ignore" list, and there'd be no means of saving him.

No one would listen.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 10-27-2015, 05:15 PM   #54

Quote:
Me thinks I might have struck a nerve Robert. If you think I'm after attention then I can't help ya there. I ride with many members that havent had an issue riding with me. If you think moving on to greater things is discussing a 16 year old Nomad's plastic oil gear then best of luck with that.

At your recommendation ill take your sound advice about ending my membership.
I agree with the silent gentleman from SoCal.
You barely hear a peep out of 'im.

A live and let live kinda folk he is.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

Old 10-27-2015, 05:44 PM   #55

Quote:

[COLOR=]"Yellow"At your recommendation ill take your sound advice about ending my membership[/COLOR]
Kawhead harkens back to an Andy Giffith Show from yesteryear.

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/7069756

Don't leave Dodge, you're too loved and appreciated up in here, besides you the only thing to boil Trip's blood when it needs boiling.

I bet two minutes with you gets Trip and a few other people you know heart rates up like doing twenty minutes on a tread mill.

You like a human Cardio Glide.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

Old 10-27-2015, 06:28 PM   #56

I thought we were supposed to discuss things like the POG on a 16 year old bike.

On another site I've been helping a new owner resurrect a 99 Drifter 1500.

We've been working through Mick's problems with a 17 year old Nomad.

We've been discussing Progressive fork springs and shocks.

What are we supposed to talk about, Victory's?

This is the Vulcan Bagger Association, afterall.

I went to the VROC reunion last month, mainly because 2 friends were getting married.

MaKaw has pulled the majority of their support furnishing raffle goods.

Why?

Many believe it's because there are more Hondas and Harleys than Vulcans.

Is someone who doesn't own a Vulcan has a problem with this Vulcan site...WTF!

I'm here because of my passion for my Vulcans, all 3 of them.

The 13 year old Nomad that is almost completely restored.

The 20 year old A model that I'm not sure which direction to go with.

And the 9 year old 500 that I got for my dad.

This site has become what VROC used to be, someplace where owners share information and experiences related to their Vulcans.

Yes, we do welcome members who moved on to other brands, but the focus here still is our Vulcans.

If you want a 'social' group there's FaceBook for that.

This was not directed at one specific individual, but rather the underlying issue brought up.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

Just please, don't insult our organization.

MT
VBA 936

Old 10-27-2015, 06:49 PM   #57

The end result is two people passionate about the brand and bike(s) are still heads of the association. Dave and Amin are willing and able to carry the torch forward. Jared and I were at the top for a bit, but it's no secret life has changed a lot for both of our families during that time and we agreed the association would be better served by someone else.
I think Dave and Amin will do great, hopefully even better than us before them.
formerly 2005 Nomad - black/silver

Old 10-27-2015, 07:01 PM   #58

Congratulations Dave and Amin. Very wise choice of leadership. Thanks Jared and Jay.

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Old 10-27-2015, 07:14 PM   #59
Top Contributor

Congratulations Dave and Amin, I'm sure you'll do a great job.
Thanks Jared and Jay for all you have done for VBA.

VN 800 A - VN 900 Classic
VN 1700 Vaquero

Usque ad finem.

Old 10-27-2015, 07:46 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS Tequila View Post
I thought we were supposed to discuss things like the POG on a 16 year old bike.

On another site I've been helping a new owner resurrect a 99 Drifter 1500.

We've been working through Mick's problems with a 17 year old Nomad.

We've been discussing Progressive fork springs and shocks.

What are we supposed to talk about, Victory's?

This is the Vulcan Bagger Association, afterall.

I went to the VROC reunion last month, mainly because 2 friends were getting married.

MaKaw has pulled the majority of their support furnishing raffle goods.

Why?

Many believe it's because there are more Hondas and Harleys than Vulcans.

Is someone who doesn't own a Vulcan has a problem with this Vulcan site...WTF!

I'm here because of my passion for my Vulcans, all 3 of them.

The 13 year old Nomad that is almost completely restored.

The 20 year old A model that I'm not sure which direction to go with.

And the 9 year old 500 that I got for my dad.

This site has become what VROC used to be, someplace where owners share information and experiences related to their Vulcans.

Yes, we do welcome members who moved on to other brands, but the focus here still is our Vulcans.

If you want a 'social' group there's FaceBook for that.

This was not directed at one specific individual, but rather the underlying issue brought up.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

Just please, don't insult our organization.

MT
There's not a mean bone in that huge gelatinous body.
More than anything, he loves stirring the pudding from time to time.

Insults shouldn't bother anybody if they ain't true, I been short, fat and black my whole life and bullies use to take my lunch money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestephens View Post
The end result is two people passionate about the brand and bike(s) are still heads of the association. Dave and Amin are willing and able to carry the torch forward. Jared and I were at the top for a bit, but it's no secret life has changed a lot for both of our families during that time and we agreed the association would be better served by someone else.
I think Dave and Amin will do great, hopefully even better than us before them.
Y'all couldn't have picked two better members Both of those guys are people people and pretty dern smart.
Y'all shoulda appointed Threewheeler Master At Arms. Her feminine essence could provide a loving female approach toward quelling bickering.

She gits stuff did.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad