Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 08-10-2015, 04:45 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by radco View Post
I am getting my Little Shield trigger pull down pretty good :) Amazing little gun smooth shooting and little recoil. It is like shooting my SR9e... I am dumping most rounds in a 4"/5" group with a couple floaters at 20+ feet ,not great by no means but IMO good for a small pistol! I will start shooting out to 10 yards ( I know not meant for a long range pistol) but If I can keep grouping at 5" or less I will be thrilled :) .5,10 and 15 ft down pat :)
the average distance in which personal defense shots are taken is at a distance of
21'.
VBA # 745 COG #11621
wheatland,wy.
rallies-custer 09,kalispell 10,crescent city 11,kanab 12,estes park 13,orifino 14.,red lodge 16

2015 ninja 1000 abs
2014 concourse 14
2012 concourse 14-sold
2011 vaquero-sold
2008 nomad-sold
2005 classic-sold

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-10-2015, 05:04 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by radco View Post
I love guns :O Oh nooooooooooo :) I carry a S&W 9mm Shield 8+1Great little gun and shoots real flat Nice :) I also switch to my Ruger SR9E Nice to have 17 +1 :) but that is my cooler weather gun! Will also pick up another .357 Wheel gun 2/4" to go with my 6? S/S Ruger Security Six,if I find a good deal! Because of all the nut jobs out there I am starting to carry more!
So what do you CCW with or shoot at the range ?
Anyone have a 9mm rifle? What brand? Pros and cons as I am looking :)
Thanks and Ride Safe!

Rich
i have a HiPoint 9mm Carbine..and yes they are cheap guns but before anyone bashes them i have thousands of round through it and as long as you keep it clean its flawless the only problem is the small clips. Love my ruger p89 but its a little heavy for the concealed carry vest so i just carry the girlfriends cool blue zebra print walther pk380 haha very manly

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...39328466978216
1976 Suzuki 500 Titan (tracker project)

Last edited by beartoothkawi; 08-10-2015 at 05:28 PM.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:40 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas nomad View Post
I wouldn't trust any laser device if my persona aim is in question. Practice Shang as you pint stand about 8-10 feet from your target slowly press, not squeeze, the trigger. Do us on placing each shot inside the hole of the one just made.... With time your accuracy will become a habit.
I'm looking into a range about 20 miles away. They don't have a waiting list so I should be able to get in. a bit expensive though but if I want to shoot I'll have to pay the dues. I'll get the hang of the new gun sooner or later.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:28 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by beartoothkawi View Post
i have a HiPoint 9mm Carbine..and yes they are cheap guns but before anyone bashes them i have thousands of round through it and as long as you keep it clean its flawless the only problem is the small clips. Love my ruger p89 but its a little heavy for the concealed carry vest so i just carry the girlfriends cool blue zebra print walther pk380 haha very manly

I wish I would have kept my Hi Point 9mm carbine. That was one of the most accurate carbine's I ever shot and the thing was built like a tank. I don't see any way you could break it. Besides, it was just plain fun to shoot!
Yep, wish i woud've kept it now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'05 1600CL. Originator 18" Harley wheel mod, Dobeck TFI, True Duals, Mutazu hardbags, Flanders handlebars n' a bunch more.
Sometimes I miss the good ol' days but most times I'm just glad I survived them

Old 08-10-2015, 09:34 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan Bill View Post
I wish I would have kept my Hi Point 9mm carbine. That was one of the most accurate carbine's I ever shot and the thing was built like a tank. I don't see any way you could break it. Besides, it was just plain fun to shoot!
Yep, wish i woud've kept it now.
I'm kicking myself for selling my Highpoint. I used to shoot golf balls at 75 yards. ( any further and I couldn't see the ball ) The only thing I hated about my Highpoint was the take down. What a pain in the a$$ that process was.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-11-2015, 05:18 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayes View Post
The government already knows, don't try to hide from it now.

I've always said, if I'm not on at least 3 government watch lists, I am doing something wrong.
It all depends on how you bought them.

I personally have only purchased via private sale, no paperwork filed.

But then that flood came and took them all away.

MT
VBA 936

Old 08-11-2015, 08:24 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by beartoothkawi View Post

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...39328466978216
My game plan is to get the Hi Point 9mm Carbine to go w/my other 9mm :) The price is Great the bummer is 10 round mags :( But I can live w/that :) BUT If I score a deal like I did with my Shield I may pick uo something else :O

Old 08-11-2015, 08:29 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by landman View Post
the average distance in which personal defense shots are taken is at a distance of
21'.
Bob I agree that the avg. distance is around the 20/25 ft range but I would like to get better over 25 ft. w my little Shield if possible. Now my Ruger .357 Security Six w/6" barrel I can range out a lot better :) Sucks to carry lol but great range gun