Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 07-27-2015, 08:58 AM   #1

NOT the clutch!

My Beast developed a clutch slip first in 4th and 5th and later even in 3rd. So, at 42,000 miles I just knew that I had clutch work screaming to be done. So, I have stocked up on parts; spring, washers and gasket along with reading over and over the gadget thread. Got to love gadget!

I started to notice a feeling that the clutch lever was getting stiff and loosing travel. Then I remembered a recommendation by MAC to lube the handles during a fluid change / bleeding. GUESS What! After pulling the clutch handle it was like all the parts were super glued.......MAN! Everything that should move didn't. So, I cleaned the rod, cam (?) and all the other moving parts and coated everything with never-seize. I also used my heat gun to get the never-seize into all the tight pieces. Put it back together and BINGO, , works like a charm, did the front brake handle too.

No slipping and feels like a totally different bike. So, the clutch work is on hold and this will be part of my winter maintenance work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3248.jpg (98.0 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3220.jpg (97.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg #2.jpg (101.8 KB, 17 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-27-2015, 10:18 AM   #2

That's awesome!!!

How fast does your kid ride your bike before you have to make him slow down??? lol

VROC #36658

-viajar con pasiĆ³n

Old 07-27-2015, 03:35 PM   #3

Sometimes he can give the juice accelerate, slow down alittle and do it over again and again. It can make me alittle worried but he listens very well. When riding to the park he will listen and adjust the throttle and maintain our speed. But he does love to accelerate......and who doesn't.

I found another 750 Nighthawk that is more complete, this will be the one we fix up for when he's "bigger". The one he has already claimed will be for parts too. A proud Pop-pop, I can naturally go on forever about my Bubby!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg #2.jpg (101.8 KB, 4 views)