Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rides/Trip Reports/Travel Information

Old 11-18-2014, 11:12 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
Good to see your post, Elvis!

Next time you're in RMNP, feel free to get in touch. I'm 45 min east right on Hwy 34.
Hi Jared - Good to be back on the forums. You never know, we might you drop you a line and meet in person some day.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-19-2014, 08:03 PM   #17

My experience has been when riding the Rocky's (Colo..and north) Depending on what type conditions you are accustomed to !

(I'm chill sensitive..and had a heat stroke so have to watch both ends of the temperature swings)...I would avoid riding/camping "the high country til around July+....watch your weather forecast...try to ride in the high pressure areas for clear skies and warm sunshine..Anytime the sun drops below the horizon..behind a mountain or a cloud, The temp will drop significantly..only to rise quickly as soon as the sun emerges again...I'v stopped every 10-20 miles several times a day, to put on warmer clothing(rain suits) or remove the same... any bad weather usually move past in only a few minutes (it always moves west to east-in general), and it will certainly give you cause to stop and put on warmer clothes as you climb toward the summit of almost any "Pass" !..then stop to remove it as you descend the far side...in the higher elevations the camp grounds are usually just to cold for me when tent camping..but at lower elevations the night sky is to pretty to sleep through !

When riding west bound..you will pass through most weather rapidly (or into oncoming weather rapidly) Riding east bound if you work it just right you can remain in glorious weather for day's...or if you manage poorly-you'll ride along with a system of-- in, a freezing drizzle.. for day's !..It's a great adventure and with shrewd weather management you'll love every second.. GOOD LUCK