Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 09-28-2014, 08:55 AM   #1

Talking Cream Puff

While in Solvang 2 weeks ago I heard this cream puff saying to me over and over, "Come and get me, come and get me, come and get me."

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-28-2014, 09:03 AM   #2

Looks like an Italian pastry shop. I was in one a week ago and got this wedged shaped chocolate cake thing with hard chocolate outside, chocolate cake inside, and wiped cream in the middle. It was enough for 2 people. I have to stay away from those places. One of the biggest things that I saw in the shop was a French eclair. It was about a foot long.

2010 Nomad 1700
Metallic Diablo Black/Metallic Titanium

Old 09-28-2014, 09:48 AM   #3

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
The best Italian Restaurant in the world not far from me here in this sleepy small cow fart town of East Bend has a few tantalizing deserts like that. OMG! You have to order the cream puff so they can prepare it while you have th main course. Oh, that thing's gonna give me a very slow agonizing heart attack some day!
I get two bottles of wine when I go, one for them, one for me to flush that mess out!
Dave or Laura always wanna know if I'm driving. I don't say it but how the hell am I going to drive with my scowling wife eyeballing me, me clutching my nearly empty bottle of wine, staggering around bumping into customers, tables and chairs, and trying to imitate the current Italian song playing.

Man, I do love that place!

http://www.kitchenroselli.com

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 09-28-2014, 10:06 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead View Post
The best Italian Restaurant in the world not far from me here in this sleepy small cow fart town of East Bend has a few tantalizing deserts like that. OMG! You have to order the cream puff so they can prepare it while you have th main course. Oh, that thing's gonna give me a very slow agonizing heart attack some day!
But the reality of it is you're doing the community a favor by eliminating the amount of cream puffs they have left to sell to weaker individuals.

Great community service on your part! Keep up the good work.

Last edited by Dave; 09-28-2014 at 10:50 AM.

Old 09-28-2014, 01:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
But the reality of it is you're doing the community a favor by eliminating the amount of cream puffs they have left to sell to weaker individuals.

Great community service on your part! Keep up the good work.
That and discount home made whiskey that been run through a radiator once and a hump back web footed biker babe twice.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-28-2014, 03:41 PM   #6
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
I get two bottles of wine when I go, one for them, one for me to flush that mess out!
Dave or Laura always wanna know if I'm driving. I don't say it but how the hell am I going to drive with my scowling wife eyeballing me, me clutching my nearly empty bottle of wine, staggering around bumping into customers, tables and chairs, and trying to imitate the current Italian song playing.

Italian food in NC. Ok. Next time you are there, ask them if they make braciole and ragù alla napoletana. If you are drinking wine, the montepulciano goes well with the food too. A sangiovese works too. Skip the french and german stuff.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 09-29-2014, 07:43 AM   #7

Quote:
That and discount home made whiskey that been run through a radiator once and a hump back web footed biker babe twice.
Hey mick you seem to hang around with all the classiest people

Old 09-29-2014, 08:18 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponch View Post
Italian food in NC. Ok. Next time you are there, ask them if they make braciole and ragù alla napoletana. If you are drinking wine, the montepulciano goes well with the food too. A sangiovese works too. Skip the french and german stuff.
Montepulciano d’Abruzzo compliments any meal. I found it compliments itself, glass after glass. I'd make a request for ragù alla napoletana but that chef they got working for them is a nice guy but you can look in his eyes and can tell he knows where a buncha things is buried!

Then there'll be a situation where he dose me a favor and cooks it and one day he'll come to me, "Kawhead, I cook nice meal for you, no? This package you hold for me. You, no open, not tell anybody. I come back maybe next month. I pick up. You do for me?

Or;

Kawhead, You likea the ragù alla napoletana I fix for you no? My dog, he getta run over by big truck. I need bury him in your field tonight. My poor doggie, he love fields. You let, no? It's a private service, you comprendere, no?

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

Last edited by Kawhead; 09-29-2014 at 08:23 AM.

Old 09-29-2014, 08:43 AM   #9

Gained 3 lbs just looking at the photo
2012 Ebony Black Kawasaski Concours 14

Old 09-29-2014, 10:07 AM   #10
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Montepulciano d’Abruzzo compliments any meal. I found it compliments itself, glass after glass. I'd make a request for ragù alla napoletana but that chef they got working for them is a nice guy but you can look in his eyes and can tell he knows where a buncha things is buried!

Then there'll be a situation where he dose me a favor and cooks it and one day he'll come to me, "Kawhead, I cook nice meal for you, no? This package you hold for me. You, no open, not tell anybody. I come back maybe next month. I pick up. You do for me?

Or;

Kawhead, You likea the ragù alla napoletana I fix for you no? My dog, he getta run over by big truck. I need bury him in your field tonight. My poor doggie, he love fields. You let, no? It's a private service, you comprendere, no?

If he makes a good braciole and ragù alla napoletana it's worth it.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 09-29-2014, 11:27 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponch View Post
If he makes a good braciole and ragù alla napoletana it's worth it.
If that man puked a bowl of soup and ask me how I liked it, Kawhead's kissing the tips of his fingers, thrusting his hand upwards to open hand exclaiming, "Magnifica Signore!"

He's a nice guy but I pity the poor soul who takes a parking space from him.

Naw, he strikes me as an Old Wold Italian Chef and serious. Got that Virgil Sollozzo look with a Henry Kissinger gruff voice going on.

When he comes outa that dark greasy ass kitchen from time to time smellin' like that stinkin' rotten ass tomato paste and olive oil they use and asks, "Signore, your meal I cook, you like?"
You get the feeling you better answer like you answering Jesus Christ, 'cause 'bout the same thing is gonna happen to you for the wrong answer.

Complaining customers all of a sudden leave town. "They no come back no more"

If you got a friend who raises hell at a restaurant and embarrasses the hell out out of you, take him there. Mario will take care of that ting for you. No charge.

I wont ever take my Dad there.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

Old 09-29-2014, 12:35 PM   #12

Quote:
While in Solvang 2 weeks ago I heard this cream puff saying to me over and over, "Come and get me, come and get me, come and get me."

Dave, you should have asked me to go on that ride, I could have saved you from those evil creampuffs.

Old 09-29-2014, 01:17 PM   #13
Top Contributor

Quote:

I've gotta try that place!

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Old 09-29-2014, 03:53 PM   #14
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Quote:
That was Todd standing behind you?

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 09-29-2014, 04:07 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
I've gotta try that place!
Lemme know. I'll even let you buy. It's hard for me to to afford on my meager income working at the lumber yard part time.

Look at the menu.

They think a lot of the food.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad