Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 07-17-2014, 08:06 PM   #1

More about fuel pump

I recently purchased a fuel pump kit from ebay. item number 290953570418 to suit my 08 nomad. t claims to be a direct fit replacement with same pressure etc as OEM part. It comes complete with strainer, pump, wiring harness etc and a one year warranty. It cost $34.95 US so I thought it was worth the punt.

The kit arrived in good time and appears to be of good quality.

I will rebuild one of my old pumps with it and keep as a spare. the pump in my bike is whistling again but I am just going to keep riding and see how far it goes.

I think the whistling is actually caused by gunk building up in the plastic bowl that surrounds the pump rather than pump failure. this bowl cannot be disassembled or cleaned but for 35 bucks I thought it was worth a try.

has anyone else used this item. if so is it any good?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-17-2014, 09:32 PM   #2
Top Contributor

This kit has been discussed a few times but I dont recall anyone actually reporting back if it actually works and cures the whining pump issue.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:22 AM   #3
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjay View Post
This kit has been discussed a few times but I dont recall anyone actually reporting back if it actually works and cures the whining pump issue.
Never had a whistling pump. Mine just failed. I used the auto replacement pump and it works great. I also put one in a goldwing.
12" mini apes
Galfer lines (6' over)
EJK Dobeck
Reckless Fairing.
Led H4 headlight
All LED lights
Rockford Fosgate radio