Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rides/Trip Reports/Travel Information

Old 06-17-2014, 11:21 AM   #1

Headed to Laconia

Hello everybody . Myself and 3 buddys have decided to ride to Laconia this weekend for bike week. We will be arrriving Friday and leaving sunday. Looking for advice from you great members on here , of good roads to travel on in New hampshire , things to see and do , lodging in Laconia and good restraunts to eat in . Also looking for the best way to get to weirs beach , a short cut to beat traffic if that is possible. Some names of good watering holes in and around Laconia would be appreciated too LoL.
And if you read this Mac, there is a case of Labatts Blue coming your way , will have to meet up with you . Not sure of the time frame , but maybe there is a place where i could drop offf your parcel . Hopefully we will be able to get lodging some were as this is a last minute trip .

thanks everyone for advice.

cookie.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-17-2014, 11:41 AM   #2

You can still find rooms available in the Plymouth, NH area. It's 30 miles north of Laconia and takes about 31 minutes to get there on a good day without all the bikes. Coulld take hours if you sit in bike traffic. You will be hard pressed to find rooms in Laconia that are under 2k a night with a 2 night minimum.

There is a train that goes from Meredith, NH to Weirs Beach on the hour. It's 15.00 round trip and may be worth while looking in to it if you end up staying north of Laconia. Just look up bike week on the internet and on the bike week site you will see the info on the train that takes you right to the boardwalk.

There are a few of us that will be stopping at Bill's (MacMac) house on the way up on Saturday at 11:30 AM but still have to call for directions.

2010 Nomad 1700
Metallic Diablo Black/Metallic Titanium

Old 06-17-2014, 11:53 AM   #3

Hopefully you will have good weather, it was sunny here this morning, but right now the skies are black and heavy thunder & lightning going on, it supposed to last a couple days around here.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 06-17-2014, 12:09 PM   #4

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are suppose to be sunny up there.

2010 Nomad 1700
Metallic Diablo Black/Metallic Titanium

Old 06-18-2014, 04:25 AM   #5

thanks for the advice hwyrider, it is appreciated.We got lucky and were able to get rooms in Laconia about 3 miles from weir beach. the weather looks so far good for the next 4 days . SO we should have a good trip. We will be coming in on friday afternoon , so hope to be able to meet up with you guys at some point.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-18-2014, 06:41 AM   #6
Advanced Member

South of Laconia there is the raceway and the route 106 which connect with 83 is full of good restaurant.. We stayed in Concord last weekend,,, 25 min south of the Weirs.... good times
Nomad 2010
Voyager trunk
Alleycat intake / YVANIZE ECU, Freedom performance 2 into 1
Kuryaken grip with Throttle mod
lost of chrome add on
Sound digital 1200.4 2 ohm
6 x 9 MPX 690 Hertz in custom fairing
6.5 hcx hertz speakers in hard bags
6.5 MPX hertz in pods

Old 06-18-2014, 09:46 AM   #7

thanks for the tip vulcanrider03. i tried your wax that i got from from you when i bought that jensen radio some while back. It works great.

Old 06-18-2014, 10:54 AM   #8
Sr. Contributor

Just found this thread and saw you on my thread. Going to see what the PM's are. I will send you contact info in the PM's. The more I am told where you will be and what you want the more I can help.

Laconia seems a tad light in numbers this year.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 06-18-2014, 11:46 AM   #9

Sunday crowd was plentiful. Been fairly quiet since.

Awesome weather. Took my crew on the run Mac showed me thru Bear Mountain Rd and the top of Cathedral Ledge. The boys loved it.

Plans are up in the air for me. Please post what, when and where. I'm probably leaving Weirs area for our place near Wolfeboro Thurs or Fri.
VBA # 02065 VROC #29763

Sold - 2006 Nomad Green/Silver - Cobra Light Bar & Luggage Rack, Kuryakyn Longhorn Dually Pegs, Phat II Risers, Mustang w/backrest, Vista Cruise, Vance & Hines, PCIII, Kruiser Kaddy, Classic Engine Guard Chaps, Electrical Connection R,B,T LED Conversion, Jay Stephens LED Tail Light.

Current Ride - 15 Road Glide S.

Old 06-18-2014, 11:56 AM   #10
Sr. Contributor

I was there Sunday afternoon and was there Saturday, and yesterday but yesterday wasn't planned. I went for paint at the new O Reilly's in lac.... on the way i found a HD rider with a dead dead dead battery, and i think his rec reg was damaged. I hauled him up and took him for took SAE, and a battery. With the new battery he was cranking out 16+ DCV HD's never do that. Most of them have a bad time making 13.3.

I have no plans and try to be present for folks coming in that want a info and maybe a a guide.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it