Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 04-21-2014, 02:17 PM   #16
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrider View Post
I would let it warm up for a few minutes. Engage-disengage the clutch a few times before you or your friend is ready to go out and see if you still get the lunging and clacking . If you do then try a different oil or bleed the clutch. Checking the master cylinder can give you an indication if the fluid needs to be changed.
Gotcha. I'll be checkin these things this weekend. The T6 Rotella is on my list of things to try also. Used it in my C90 and did great to reduce noise and promoted smoother shift action. It's been recommended here numerous times also so I'll give it a whirl in the Vulcan.

Any certain color or consistency I should look for in the clutch reservoir when I check that to know if it needs changed or blead?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-21-2014, 03:08 PM   #17
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawboysix View Post
Gotcha. I'll be checkin these things this weekend. The T6 Rotella is on my list of things to try also. Used it in my C90 and did great to reduce noise and promoted smoother shift action. It's been recommended here numerous times also so I'll give it a whirl in the Vulcan.

Any certain color or consistency I should look for in the clutch reservoir when I check that to know if it needs changed or blead?
Unless it's clear, flush and bleed it. It's likely that it has never been touched. It will probably be the color of a cup of coffee.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 04-21-2014, 09:05 PM   #18

My bike likes to lock up the plates as the clutch cools and will do exactly what yours is doing. I pull in the clutch and rock it back and forth a couple of time until I feel it separate then start it and all is fine. And I'm running Rotella T6

DC

VBA/KawaNOW #01625
Christian Motorcyclists Assoc.
Wheels Of Destiny Chapter #735
PA Wilds NE/Eastern Canada regional rally July 2012
Eureka Springs National 2015
Rolling Thunder Washington DC 2016
NE US / E Canada Rally - Mont Tremblant, QC 2016
VRA Eastern National at Maggie Valley 2017
99 Nomad G1 gone but never forgotten traded 4/8/17 for a 2017 Indian Roadmaster