Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 01-07-2013, 12:20 AM   #16

Thanks everyone for the great sugestions. I hope to have it this weekend and when i do I will post pictures.

Thanks again

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-07-2013, 07:54 AM   #17

Waving

Kid, you should not buy that bike, buy this one and not only have the best used 07 out there but the owner will spend 2 days with you performing all of the maint. that should be completed on 40K miles bikes while training you to continue that.

2007 Black & Titanium Nomad - One Owner - Loaded - Perfect - $6.300
It's a 2007 Kawasaki Nomad. The two tone version being Ultra Black and Titanium. It is a 1600cc 5 speed water cooled Vtwin with Shaft drive. I boutght it new. Many people on this site know me and how particular I am about my bikes. I have taken meticulous care of it and can provide life long maint records.

Front tire was recently replaced, New battery in Sept of this year, I did the cam chain extenders and clutch washer this summer befor taking the bike to the NE regional rally. I have a new rear tire that will go on when I do the winter service to the bike and the bike will be completely serviced (well beyond what your dealer would do) before I give it to anyone. I plan to ride the bike to Colorado in June for the National Nomad rally if I don't sell it and you could take it anywhere with out fear.

The Nomad comes standard with Windshield, driver and passenger runing boards, front and rear crash bars, clamshell locking hard bags and a passenger back rest. I have added chrome lip gaurds to both lips of the front fender and the rear lip of rear fender, Cobra dual 35w HI spotlight bar, Hopnel windshield bag, Universal cup holder, Vista Cruz throttle control, Scootworks 2 1/2 inch handlebar risers, KuryAkyn Simple Hiway pegs, Custom Cold Air intake system with MR G filter and assembly. Cobra FI 2000R fuel injection controler,12v power receptacle, Kawasaki Driver back rest, ShowChrome BagGuards, Cobra Luggage Rack, Wheelen Ecco3 HI Strobe Brake Light, KuryAkyn Chrome rear light bezels and Hopnel Saddle bag lugage.

Here are 5 pics. The bike is in Charlotte NC. It's $6,300 to purchase. You can email me at trosschess@hotmail.com or call me at 980-949-6377

It's 5 years since new and has 47,964 miles. Hence the list of maintenace that I have or am doing.
This summer before I rode up to Penn for the NE Rally I put the cam chain tensioner extenders in and did the clutch spring along with a new front tire and new brake fluid front and rear. The clutch wasn't slipping and chains weren't making noise but in the 45-50K range is the right spot to do it. At the same time I did the second reverse flush on the fuel pump filter/regulator assembly. After I got back I flushed the radiator, put new Anti Freeze in and put a new battery in. After the new year I will pull the swing arm and service it and the drive shaft while replacing the rear tire. I did the switch to 20w oil in the front forks at 36K and am really happy with that but I will pull the front forks and triple clam off and do the "All Balls" stearing head bearing upgrade then too. I packed the stockers at 24K but sometimes I notice a "notchy feeling" to the left of center so I am gonna do the upgrade. At that point the bike will be ready for another 48,000 miles and if it dosen't sell I am gonna see if I can put them on. See, I know I "should" sell it but, it's not gonna bother me if I don't. I really like the Nomad, it's just that the wing is siting in the garage when ever I take the Nomad.

Just a suggestion Kid
2010 Titanium Goldwing
2014 KLR 650 New Edition

Old 01-10-2013, 10:10 PM   #18

Good. The Blue and Silver ones are the best looking and fastest. One suggestion I have is check all the exhaust bolts for tightness. Mine had some exhaust leak noises. That cured it.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #19
Advanced Member

I have an '04 1500 classic, installed Chucksters cam chain tensioner extenders at the 34K mile mark on my bike, I did it myself, it's not hard to do, you can get Chucksters extenders from his web site when you ever need them for the nomad. http://www.chucksterscustoms.com/Home/Products
I also changed out my OEM clutch spring to a 2003 Kawasaki Mean Streak spring, if you need to replace the clutch spring, get the 2002 or 2003 ones, some have went with a thicker Barnett clutch spring, also a job i did myself with the help of a rented electric impact wrench to get off the Nut, a couple hits on the trigger and that Nut comes right off. That's another job you can do yourself. The clutch spring life varies among kawasakis. I change my clutch and brake fluid every 2 years, also rad fluid I am starting to use car dealership bought Honda Type 2 50/50 premix, it is ethylene glycol and no silicate to ruin the water pump seal, I also did the fork oil change myself without removing the forks from the bike, another easy job, found the 6 year old fork oil to be very clean when I removed it, also found that the swing arm bearings had very little grease in there, so factory fork oil was still good and swing arm bearings needed more grease. One job I should do but haven't done as yet is grease the steering stem bearings, I should have done that when I was doing the fork oil change. I also use Amsoil Severe Gear 75w90 gear oil in the back gear case, I found when I was using run of the mill 75w90 that my gear case after a ride got very hot. The only things I can think of are those above, plus some have found oil leaks from the cam plugs, again an easy fix with a sealant after cleaning the cam plug slots with brake cleaner then filling with a thin layer of Permatex and let cure, other leaks might happen thru back cylinder weep hole from the cam chain stretch rubbing on the spark plug tubes and oil them overflows out the drain hole at the back, again that fix is Chucksters cam chain extenders

Tags
buying, maintenance, nomad, over 40k