Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 09-12-2012, 03:47 AM   #1
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider
Let Me Apologize To All Teachers

I just wanted to take this opportunity to apologize for my comment from yesterday. Guess I based my comment on a few teachers that I know personally. I should not have said what I did. I let the clowns I know influence my thoughts and what I said. I realzie there are a lot of hard working teachers out there. Once again I do apologize fsr my unthinking remark.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by trip; 09-12-2012 at 06:51 AM.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:22 AM   #2

I want an apology from all the members here that make fun of Harley Davidson! I spent a good deal of money buying this bike and these "jokes" hurt my delicate sensitive self-esteem!! And untill I get it, I'm holding by breath.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:19 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I want an apology from all the members here that make fun of Harley Davidson! I spent a good deal of money buying this bike and these "jokes" hurt my delicate sensitive self-esteem!! And untill I get it, I'm holding by breath.

Dave, You have to understand that Gene apologized because he realized he had spoken in error. In your case, you cannot reasonably expect the membership to apologize for simply stating the truth. So how's that holding your breath working for ya?

Dan K
Member #100
2009 ST1300: Performance exceeding even Victory riders' boasts.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
Dave, You have to understand that Gene apologized because he realized he had spoken in error. In your case, you cannot reasonably expect the membership to apologize for simply stating the truth. So how's that holding your breath working for ya?
You mean this had nothing to do with it?

"2. Gene .... I think you were out of line accusing teachers of being lazy. You can get your point across in a more positive way than that. I expect an apology in this board in the next day or so.

Trip "

"I expect an apology in this board in the next day or so."

Sound like something a parent would say to a child.

Or what? To me it implys he'll be kicked off like Dan was.

One member, who's teacher, gets upset and now accusing teachers of being lazy is considered out of line? If someone accused my profession of being lazy, I would care less. I'm a bit more thick skinned when it come to what's posted on a BBS. I'm not a big fan of police. I do believe most are corrupt in that they will turn a blind eye to what thier fellow officers do that's wrong. Would that be out of line? It's just an opinion and we all know what opinions are like.

Last edited by Dave; 09-12-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #5

Quote:

"2. Gene .... I think you were out of line accusing teachers of being lazy. You can get your point across in a more positive way than that. I expect an apology in this board in the next day or so.

Trip "

One member, who's teacher, gets upset and now accusing teachers of being lazy is considered out of line? If someone accused my profession of being lazy, I would care less. I'm a bit more thick skinned when it come to what's posted on a BBS. I'm not a big fan of police. I do believe most are corrupt in that they will turn a blind eye to what thier fellow officers do that's wrong. Would that be out of line? It's just an opinion and we all know what opinions are like.
Sorry,

Took his statement opening this thread straight up. Didn't know the other, had happened. Would not have commented as I did had I realized he was being coerced. Your post, which I had assumed was just a joke, now makes more sense.

Dan K
Member #100
2009 ST1300: Performance exceeding even Victory riders' boasts.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #6

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
You're a good man Alabama!

I came close to the line as well and have nothing but the deepest mutual friendly, respect and admiration for the teachers I know in the VBA. I hope nobody takes it personally. I'd do anything in the world for you.

I don't consider the teachers I know, whether they agree or disagree withe the events in Chicago, a part of that situation. I don't think I know one that makes $70 LARGE.

I'm doing the wrong thing for a living.

As a side note, my dad and I, who's same blood courses through our veins have had worse screaming and cussing political arguments in the past. Political arguements that would make Paul Sr. and Jr. cringe. He being more liberal, and me conservative. Go figger that! And we absolutely love each other. Despite his rooting for an argument from time to time I just cave to him, because life is short.

Which leads to another conundrum where he loves to argue so much I'm sure he'd be quite content to spend the rest of his days doing just that thing.

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 09-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #7

Quote:

Trip "

Dave you remind me of my diddy. You and Top Kat.

Sometimes.

Late edit.Ain't Nobody got thicker skin that somebody 5'4'

5'4", 6'4" tenacity.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Last edited by Kawhead; 09-12-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:18 PM   #8
VBA Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
Sorry,

Took his statement opening this thread straight up. Didn't know the other, had happened. Would not have commented as I did had I realized he was being coerced. Your post, which I had assumed was just a joke, now makes more sense.
;^)>
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Old 09-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #9

Send a message via MSN to scion0
Quote:

Mike
"Scion0"
VBA#: 0097
Former VBA North Central Asst Regional Leader
St Jude Rides Peoria to Memphis Rider
Retired MSgt, USAF (1979 -99)
"Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff!"
Current ride: 2012 H-D Ultra FLHTCU (Black)
Past ride: 2007 Black Nomad

Old 09-14-2012, 04:03 AM   #10

Quote:
What about an apology to the sons and daughters of generations hence forth of the wronged teachers today who will inevitably, and righteously so seek monetary reparations from the tax base administered by the fair people of the US Government for this unprovoked and dastardly attack?

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

Old 09-14-2012, 10:36 AM   #11
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
When a man apologizes to other men on this site it reminds me of all the a$$kissing Trip's backside gets when he posts anything.... I practically spit my morning coffee out.

Men DON'T NEED TO APOLOGIZE TO OTHER MEN! We say sh*t sometimes out of frustration. Please leave your mangina at the door before you come in here and tell us how your sobbed over watching "steel magnolias".

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 09-14-2012, 10:51 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowndodge View Post
When a man apologizes to other men on this site it reminds me of all the a$$kissing Trip's backside gets when he posts anything.... I practically spit my morning coffee out.

Men DON'T NEED TO APOLOGIZE TO OTHER MEN! We say sh*t sometimes out of frustration. Please leave your mangina at the door before you come in here and tell us how your sobbed over watching "steel magnolias".
This after he grants a waiver to put you through Clown Collage via the VBA tuition reimbursement program.

Never missed a day and took good notes I see.

You thankless buhole have you no shame?

No it ain't no trick question.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

Old 09-14-2012, 11:29 AM   #13
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
None whatsoever.

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 09-14-2012, 12:54 PM   #14

Not surprised.

skank

This is what I think.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

Old 09-14-2012, 01:16 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowndodge View Post
The apology was demanded or else.
I can only assume the or else was to be banned from the forum.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]