Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Old 10-01-2011, 02:34 PM   #1

helloooo

anyone here?
forum seems a bit quieter since the changover
maybe we're all out riding?

2004 1500fi - Blue and Grey
Ultra Nomad - In progress

CMC#12065 - Edmonton

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-01-2011, 02:58 PM   #2

Hello blackdogbrain.

Ray
Minnesota
2010-1700-Nomad
VBA#01525

Old 10-06-2011, 11:04 AM   #3

Brian..how are you doing? Have you recovered from your injuries? Whats happening with your bike?..John

Old 03-20-2012, 07:38 PM   #4
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Waving A New Start To An Old Thread

How's everyone doing these days? Once again it's been pretty quiet around here.
I don't have the time to say everything that's been happening with me. I will give you the "Readers Digest" version though.
Most will know that I'm back at work full time since the accident and have been since the 2nd wk. of Jan. My colleagues have been great accommodating me in my job and helping to do things for me that I can't do myself. I am still working on trying to arrange time off so I can attend our rally in June. At least a quick trip for one day and then home again.

I have also had and continue to have the Nomad apart on the ramp in the garage. I did the steering bearings service and repacked the upper and lower bearings. still need to get the bike out to test the amt. of torque I have put on the bearings. But right now I am taking advantage of the time while I have the fairing off so I can clean up some of my wiring inside it, so it'll be easier to disconnect the electrical if/when the fairing comes off again. I had those crimp on bullet connecters on most of the connections and now I'm putting them into multi wired plug connecters. You know,....those white, square, plastic plug connecters?....It's going to clean everything up a lot. What a frick'in job though. Nothing was marked so it was pretty much redoing and testing every wire to find out where it was suppose to go to.

I'm also involved heavily with the strata council where I live and arranging for an engineer to do the compulsory "depreciation report" that has become law. { did you hear about this report Dave/"hammer"?}

I really need to retire soon and hope I can get things sorted out with WCB and a settlement, and then sell the U.S. property/cabin. I can't wait to take possession in July of our new home in the Caribou. It'll be hard to leave and go back to work. I'm making plans to possibly saw cut the floor in my new shop/garage and sink my motorcycle lift into it so it's ground level. I have a ton of plans for the shop including a large compressor to run some new air tools. Harbor freight here I come.

How many are planning to make the first ever "In Canada Rally" for V.B.A./KawaNOW. I know there are a couple from my neck of the woods but I get the feeling most that have committed are coming from the States. I'm still working on support from Kawasaki Canada. But I've already been shuffled from the BC rep to the AB rep and haven't heard from him/her yet. I'm a little disappointed about that. I have some support from "Behind Bars Cycle Gear" http://www.behindbarscyclegear.com/ a company I approached at the motorcycle show and had them put on our website.

Well so much for the Readers Digest version of what I've been up to.
Anyone else out there?? Love to hear what you have to say.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Old 03-20-2012, 08:56 PM   #5
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
I bought a new front tire for the West Coast Kanab rally... it's sitting in my living room. I'm getting fatter and slower to get out of my recliner. I have the funds to outbid Ricky yet again!!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-20-2012, 09:05 PM   #6
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider
Hey Brian, haven't seen you on here in a while. Me and old BD are usually on each day. He rides more than I do though.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 03-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #7
Top Contributor

How about the rest of you? It sure would be nice to see a few more committing to this rally of ours. Remember it is the first ever held in Canada rally !! You could be a part of history, ................Brad.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 03-21-2012, 06:26 PM   #8
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Hey Ricky, did yo consider not going? Maybe a lot more people will show up then?

Ya know the Nat'l next year in Colo. ought to be one hell of a hoot! We need to make it much longer though, like a week. It would take a week just for everyone to admire my beautiful shirts

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 03-22-2012, 02:38 AM   #9
Top Contributor

Gee thanks a lot Brad Don't you ever pay attention ? Didn't you hear that I'm probably unable to attend? I don't have the usual vacation time, due to being off on Compo for 2 yrs. Boy, you sure now how to hurt a guy and rub salt in the wounds. I'm usually just funn'in with you, but you!.... You aim for the heart. Imagine, hosting a rally that you can't attend.
Thanks a lot Pal !

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad