Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 11-23-2010, 04:35 PM   #31
Sr. Contributor

Political Quiz - See Where You Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by brote
Libertarian, Glad I moved down to Georgia,
Loafer ought to give it a try. Might be glad he did...... (lol)
I've been upset with the way things have changed here in Vermont. Up until the early 70's, this was a conservative/Republican state. Little by little it has turned into one of the most liberal/Democratic states in the country. The people population has more than tripled and the cow population has dwindled to a joke. There used to be more cows then people up to the 70's. People have moved here from all over the world, and every one says they love Vermont for what it is. Then they want to change it to what they are used to and make the best place they know , better. What a mess. I gave up wanting to know my new neighbors years ago. As far as moving south it was in my plans, but life has a way of changing things as we all know. So it looks like I will spend the rest of my days here. But I 'm glad you have found a better place to hang your helmet.
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-23-2010, 05:13 PM   #32
Sr. Contributor

For libertarian minded folks, Utah, Wyoming or Idaho might be better choices. Once the granola types moves in, forgettaboutit. That said, I like Colorado to, BUT, Californians are moving out and wrecking other places now. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loafer
Quote:
Originally Posted by brote
Libertarian, Glad I moved down to Georgia,
Loafer ought to give it a try. Might be glad he did...... (lol)
I've been upset with the way things have changed here in Vermont. Up until the early 70's, this was a conservative/Republican state. Little by little it has turned into one of the most liberal/Democratic states in the country. The people population has more than tripled and the cow population has dwindled to a joke. There used to be more cows then people up to the 70's. People have moved here from all over the world, and every one says they love Vermont for what it is. Then they want to change it to what they are used to and make the best place they know , better. What a mess. I gave up wanting to know my new neighbors years ago. As far as moving south it was in my plans, but life has a way of changing things as we all know. So it looks like I will spend the rest of my days here. But I 'm glad you have found a better place to hang your helmet.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 11-29-2010, 08:48 PM   #33

Churchill said "Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains." Guess I'm a conservative!