Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 07-01-2010, 07:22 PM   #1
Advanced Member

A beautiful ride home today

I'm not sure if it was the cooler weather or what.

It felt like I was in sync with the commuter universe. I seemed to be anticipating 10 cars ahead. Everytime I changed lanes, it was the right choice. My new lane let me move smoothly past my ex-lane buddies. Like picking the correct line in the bank time after time after time.

And the Nomad was just purring. What a great rumbling sound. BD, I owe you a beer for the baffle-ectomy instructions.

The bike just felt at ease. I imagined that it had a smile across the headlight.

(After further thought, I'm pretty sure the cooler weather DID have a lot to do with it.)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-01-2010, 07:22 PM   #2
Advanced Member

It felt like I was in sync with the commuter universe. I seemed to be anticipating 10 cars ahead. Everytime I changed lanes, it was the right choice. My new lane let me move smoothly past my ex-lane buddies. Like picking the correct line in the bank time after time after time.

And the Nomad was just purring. What a great rumbling sound. BD, I owe you a beer for the baffle-ectomy instructions.

The bike just felt at ease. I imagined that it had a smile across the headlight.

(After further thought, I'm pretty sure the cooler weather DID have a lot to do with it.)

Old 07-01-2010, 07:22 PM   #3
Advanced Member

Old 07-01-2010, 11:01 PM   #4
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider

Sounds like you had a great ride Bob. It does make you feel good when you have one of those days. Glad it happened for you.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 07-01-2010, 11:01 PM   #5
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider

Sounds like you had a great ride Bob. It does make you feel good when you have one of those days. Glad it happened for you.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-01-2010, 11:01 PM   #6
Sr. Contributor

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 07-02-2010, 11:38 AM   #7

That's "Being in the Zone", I love it when that happens. I'm not that great at basketball, but there were times when more than one half-court shot went in, and everything just clicked. Sometimes it happens with my clients too. Every reply and question seems to be an exact fit for the situation.

And every now and then, it happens on the bike too. Everything gets anticipated just right and everything just clicks perfectly. It's days like that when I think that I could have been a successful racer. Then there are days like yesterday when I went to put the kickstand down and it slid off my boot when it was only half way extended, but I was already leaning the bike over. I caught it in time, but it looked like a very awkward stop and get off the bike routine. :)

Old 07-02-2010, 11:38 AM   #8

That's "Being in the Zone", I love it when that happens. I'm not that great at basketball, but there were times when more than one half-court shot went in, and everything just clicked. Sometimes it happens with my clients too. Every reply and question seems to be an exact fit for the situation.

And every now and then, it happens on the bike too. Everything gets anticipated just right and everything just clicks perfectly. It's days like that when I think that I could have been a successful racer. Then there are days like yesterday when I went to put the kickstand down and it slid off my boot when it was only half way extended, but I was already leaning the bike over. I caught it in time, but it looked like a very awkward stop and get off the bike routine. :)

Old 07-02-2010, 11:38 AM   #9

Old 07-02-2010, 11:45 AM   #10
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

Naw,,,,,,,, Bob just puffed a reefer....

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 07-02-2010, 11:45 AM   #11
Sr. Contributor

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

Member # 0005

Old 07-02-2010, 11:45 AM   #12
Sr. Contributor

Member # 0005

Old 07-02-2010, 06:36 PM   #13
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowndodge "Darksider"
Those were the old days, BD. And, Maryland doesn't have medicinal doobie clinics like some states I've heard of.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:13 PM   #14
Sr. Contributor

I certainly don't need to bring back my past either... was fun times however bob!

Member # 0005