Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 08-16-2009, 05:10 PM   #16

Getting scared yet?

CJ how did you come to that statment from the converstations in this thread?

Didnt see a thing about anyone besides a Christian prayer going to jail.

Although I did post a couple of links showing that Islam is being served on a plater as a point that the religion in public schools appears only to apply to Christian.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
1946 George Orwell

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-16-2009, 05:32 PM   #17

Getting scared yet?

Well, I hope ACLU doesn't show up to our pregame cause I'll be going to jail too. We have a team chaplain too. Took the team to Fellowship of Christian Athletes camp and all players had to go to chapel twice a day. Tell 'em to come get me along with the other 10 head coaches and their staffs that were at the 3rd camp...so they will be arresting 30 head coaches and their assistants if they get 3 camps worth of teams. Probably have to arrest the volleyball coach from our place too!

This is a bunch of crap, pure and simple. Typical acronym organization crap. I lump them all together.

I have Muslim kids and Jewish kids in my program. If they chose to say a prayer that is their business. I gave the Muslim kids special consideration for Ramadon and the Jewish kids for Yon Kippur. I tell my players that we are going to have a Christian prayer before a game and if they chose not to participate that is fine. I know someone is going to say "they will never not participate because of peer pressure"...maybe so. At graduation, at the close of the ceremony I always say "May God bless and keep you all". Not a soul has said anything to me in 10 years.
2003 BMW K1200LT "Magic Carpet" DOA 11/7/2015
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320
'08 Elkins, WV; '09 Helen, GA; '09 Custer, SD; '10 Stanton, VA; '11 Maggie Valley; '12 Townsend, TN; '13 Estes Park; '13 Blairsville, GA; '15 Eureka Springs; '16 Helen; '18 Custer, SD

Old 08-16-2009, 06:16 PM   #18

Getting scared yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack
Apparently for some, free speech only means Christian free speech. Not Jewish free speech, not Buddhist free speech, not atheist free speech, and certainly not Islamic free speech.

You can't have it both ways. If you allow one belief in public school, you have to allow them all. Good or bad.
I dont think you have to allow them all by any means, this continent was based on a Christian society and it should be understood as such. If people come here from other parts of the world to contribute to our society thats great. If they come here and start telling us that our way of life is unacceptable to them and want it changed to suit them perhaps they should never have settled here in the first place. Im sure if we went to their country and started demanding that we don't want to accept any part of their religion in public that we would end up in very hoy water real quick.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 08-16-2009, 07:21 PM   #19

Getting scared yet?

Good for you CoachA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!