Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthCentral Group

Old 06-05-2011, 06:40 AM   #1

Heart jerking decision made

Liz and I have always prided ourselves about riding the Nomads everywhere we went on our vacations, rallies, etc. And we boasted that if we did not ride we did not go. Well do to my wore out body we had to make a heart jerking decision about the National Rally. We will not be riding our Nomads to the Rally, we will be trailering them. This decision saddens my heart but I guess it is time to admit to myself my limitations and do what has to be done if I want to go.

I feel really bad as I know how much Liz wanted to ride down but trying to ride two 450 mile days is just not going to happen anymore. I can barely make riding 300 miles a day and we don't have the time to do 3 days to the rally and 3 days back. So the decision is made, we will make the rally but not be happy about how we got there. I know we will enjoy being there and seeing old friends an making new ones so I hope that will off set the disapointment of not riding down.

So, Mister Hardin, it is very possible we will see you at the motel Saturday night or for breakfest Sunday morning.

Jim ( Watchman ) & Liz ( Nomadliz )

Login or Register to Remove Ads