Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Old 02-13-2009, 10:08 PM   #1

Idaho jack/lift brackets revisited

I modified my jack with wood blocks. Now, I've lifted enough bikes to destroy them and wonder how your Idaho brackets are holding up and if you've had any problems with them??????

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-13-2009, 10:59 PM   #2

They're made of hi quality steel. There has been several post with pictures showing them in use. I believe they'd be the cat's ass for adapters. ;)

Old 02-14-2009, 08:29 AM   #3

The Idaho adaptor that I have works like a charm. I use it all the time for mods, maintenance, washing etc. Once I get the bike in the air, I set it on a stand I've had for some time though. I've posted a link to pictures below. It's a great combination, IMO.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1926142...7605603782690/

John

Old 02-14-2009, 09:36 AM   #4
Mega-Contributor

Idaho's jack adapter is excellent! It really gives you a stable lifting surface. Just remember to remove the adapter before you ride off into the sunset. Don't ask me how I know.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 02-14-2009, 09:49 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Idaho

Talk about a timely post! Thanks for asking Valdez.

CJ and I have both driven off with these things attached. Rather unnerving when you discover it. Maintenance on the bike is MUCH easier with this frame. Oil changes are easier IMHO but you need to learn how to position the jack to get to the oil filter. I found a narrow plastic tray that fits inside the jack frame when it is in the air that acts as a perfect drain pan.

Working on the seat, fuel tank, wheels, swing arm, anything is solid as a rock. I use the straps that came with my Craftsman jack to strap the bike down when I get it off the floor.

You will probably need to run the wheels up onto wood blocks to get enough clearance to move the jack under the bike with the frame attached. I use 3/4 inch plywood squares so that I don't have to put a block under the kickstand also. If you use 2x6 or 2x8 blocks to set the wheels onto you will need a block for the kickstand.

Thanks for the kudos you guys.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-14-2009, 12:02 PM   #6

Glad you posted that link, as when I was writng my earlier post, I was looking for those pics or that link to add. I hope you don't mind that I sort of endorse your pictures and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduty
The Idaho adaptor that I have works like a charm. I use it all the time for mods, maintenance, washing etc. Once I get the bike in the air, I set it on a stand I've had for some time though. I've posted a link to pictures below. It's a great combination, IMO.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1926142...7605603782690/

John

Old 02-14-2009, 12:37 PM   #7

Does this adaptor work with the cheapo Chinese Harbor Frieght MC Lift?

Old 02-14-2009, 02:12 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to Idaho

The adapter gives a flat frame for a jack to lift against. As lone as your cheapo Chinese Harbor Freight MC lift has two arms that go across the bottom of the MC frame you will be good.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 02-14-2009, 08:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdez (lone Juan)
Yes it does as that's what I have.

Old 02-15-2009, 09:36 PM   #10

Quote:
I see a ramp in a couple of the shots. I assume to get the frame high enough to accommodate the adaptor. Do you need one for each wheel and how high does it lift the bike? Do you push the bike up with manpower or do you drive it up?

I just happen to have this adaptor for when I had a Honda 750.

http://garage-toys.com/unmoad.html

No problem muscling the Honda around the garage. Haven't needed it for several years, but can use it for the Nomad. Just curious how you handle that when you're working solo.

Old 02-15-2009, 09:40 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdez (lone Juan)
I have the yellow jack from HF and it works fine.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:09 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy
Quote:
I see a ramp in a couple of the shots. I assume to get the frame high enough to accommodate the adaptor. Do you need one for each wheel and how high does it lift the bike? Do you push the bike up with manpower or do you drive it up?

No problem muscling the Honda around the garage. Haven't needed it for several years, but can use it for the Nomad. Just curious how you handle that when you're working solo.
Yeah, it's a ramp I made when I had my lowered C50. I also use it for the Nomad because the jack doesn't quite to low enough. It's just three pieces of plywood each beveled so its easy to push the bike up on.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:02 PM   #13

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, it's a ramp I made when I had my lowered C50. I also use it for the Nomad because the jack doesn't quite to low enough. It's just three pieces of plywood each beveled so its easy to push the bike up on.
One ramp for each wheel?

Old 02-15-2009, 11:16 PM   #14
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Quote:

I just rolled my rear tire up on a piece of 2x8 I had laying around, and it gave me enough clearance to slide the jack under the adapter.

Ant to answer Valdez, it works just as good with a HF jack as it would with a Craftsman.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 02-16-2009, 08:35 AM   #15

Quote:
Quote:

One ramp for each wheel?
No, just one. Sometimes I use on the front and sometimes the back.