Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 12-09-2007, 05:17 AM   #1

Last 8 Hours for my Nomad on Ebay

I'll know when I get home from work today if the 05' Nomad is staying in my garage. Check the listing , from Everett, PA., the auction is over some time around noon Sunday ( 12-09-07)
Someone hear was looking for a Black / Silver Nomad here is your chance with lots of extras.

Regards Dave

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-09-2007, 09:10 AM   #2
VBA Founder

Quote:
I'll know when I get home from work today if the 05' Nomad is staying in my garage. Check the listing , from Everett, PA., the auction is over some time around noon Sunday ( 12-09-07)
Someone hear was looking for a Black / Silver Nomad here is your chance with lots of extras.

Regards Dave
Sorry you have to let her go, Dave. Certainly understand tho...a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do......When you get back into it later (and you will..LOL), let us know what kind of Nomad you got....LOL.
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Old 12-09-2007, 09:16 AM   #3
Top Contributor

Hey Dave! I hope the reason you're selling the '05 is so that you can get a '08!!!!!

I bought my '06 last year after 34 years of being without a bike. I plan to never be without one again.

Here's hoping it's not long for you.

Bob
KawaNOW/VBA 210
Green/Silver 2006
Patriot Guard Riders 2009

Old 12-09-2007, 09:49 AM   #4
Top Contributor

Whats the reserve?
74,010miles
VBA #299
Her's 10 900LT 36,700

09 Bath NY.
10 Lake George NY.
11 National Maggie Valley NC.
12 Pa Wilds (Wellsboro) Pa.
14 Lincoln NH.
17 National Lake George NY.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:50 AM   #5

Asking what the reserve is, is kind of unethical. If they wanted you to know what it was they would have started the bidding at that price. You don't have to worry about getting ripped off because if you enter 10,000 dollars ebay will only actually put the bid at the reserve price and then will automatically out bid others (on your behalf) up to your maximum. So the best thing to do is enter the amount you would pay - if the reserve is more than that , the seller won't sell anyway. If your bid is higher than the reserve that doesn't necesarily mean you have to pay your maximum bid. This is a good set up so you don't have to wait until the last second of an auction to out bid someone by 5 cents. If you absolutely HAVE to know what the reserve is, and don't care about being unethical you can always enter $50,000 - this will reveal the reserve price. You then can retract your bid under the cirumstances that you "accidently entered the wrong amount". Some rules apply on bid retracting I think one of them is that you can't retract your bid within 12 hours of auction end time.

The nice thing about this site is that I'm sure you two could work something out even if the auction on ebay ends the PM function is great for that.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-09-2007, 10:59 AM   #6
Top Contributor

Sorry,I'm register in e-bay but never bought anything from it.
74,010miles
VBA #299
Her's 10 900LT 36,700

09 Bath NY.
10 Lake George NY.
11 National Maggie Valley NC.
12 Pa Wilds (Wellsboro) Pa.
14 Lincoln NH.
17 National Lake George NY.

Old 12-09-2007, 11:26 AM   #7

No problem fish. Its just that I have seen some sellers get rather feisty in the past when asked publicly about the reserve price. I didn't want to see two stand up members of kawaNOW start clawing it out. But I guess its none of my bussiness so I'll just crawl back under my rock.

Old 12-09-2007, 03:26 PM   #8

Wolfy, I guess you consider me unethical :'(
I ask the seller all the time what the reserve is. Why would I want to go through all the rigamarole that you stated when I can just ask. That way I know if I want to bid that high and if not I don't put it in my watch list.
I should mention I ask in a PM. That way it is just between me and the seller. If they don't want to disclose the reserve they don't answer my PM and I forget about bidding.
I never understood the reserve feature anyway. Just start the bidding at what you would be willing to sell it for.
Of course this is just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 12-09-2007, 05:32 PM   #9
Top Contributor

I ordered ONCE from E-bay. I ordered a Nomad manual on CD and when I received it, it was a blank CD. Ask me if Im ordering from E-bay again???LOL

Old 12-09-2007, 06:39 PM   #10

Doc, I hope you left the proper negative feedback. I have been verrrrry lucky on ebay so far. I bought the Blue Pearl on ebay and haven't looked back

Old 12-09-2007, 08:40 PM   #11

I buy all kinds of stuff on EBAY. You have to check the persons feedback. Thats what it is there for. I have only been burned once and that was a guy that bid, then didn't pay.
Oh yeah, my account was hacked once and a guy tried to sell a jeep. Ebay caught it and after a week of back and forth I was good to go again.
It's not as good for deals as it used to be 'cause dealers are on there a lot now. But it is still easier than going to a mall.
Doc, are you ordering from Ebay again
VBA #9

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 12-09-2007, 11:06 PM   #12

Dave ; did the bike sell or do you still have it?

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 12-09-2007, 11:50 PM   #13

I checked and it didn't meet the reserve.
There were about 27 Nomads that ended in the last few days and only 7 ment the reserve.
VBA #9

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 12-10-2007, 06:02 AM   #14

ebays theory on a Reserve auction is that you can start the price low to create excitement around your item, which in turn develops into a bidding frenzy among buyers-resulting in excess returns for the seller. However, this time of year there aren't excess motorcycle buyers so an alternative technique would be to to list your item with "No Reserve." Items sold with "No Reserve" may attract more buyer interest, as buyers know that they will actually win the item if they are the high bidder. However I'm not sure about the seller fees. The seller fees might be higher on an item that starts out more expensive in the first place and then doesn't sell. I see your point TC. Earlier this year I was looking to buy a house and I found one that I liked with a for-sale sign on it and the homeowner was out side so I pulled up and asked her how much she was selling it for and she gave me wierd look and said "Well, thats kind of private information" I couldn't believe my ears! Are you friggin kidding me? Do you want to sell your house or not?

Old 12-10-2007, 09:55 AM   #15

Wow she must not want to sell it to bad. You have to guess how mush she wants???????
I also get a kick out of people who advertise things and you go look at it and ask how much they want for it and they say " how much will you give me "
VBA #9

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]