Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 07-14-2008, 01:59 PM   #1

NorCal Nomads biker party & you're invited!

On behalf of KawaNow, The NorCal Nomads are put’n on a bike party and you’re invited! All KawaNow members and their guests (all bikes) are welcome.

Come ride with us through the majestic Sierra Mountains Friday, August 15th through the 17th.

The party commences on Friday night, August 15th in Sierraville California – http://tinyurl.com/5bmfuv

We will meet and stay at the "Canyon Ranch Resort" http://www.canyonranchsierraville.com/

The Ranch is one mile from Sierraville. All Friday night activities are planned in this same location, and we'll bed-down here. There are six cabins on site, and we'll be only ones here. Here's how they lay out, and the costs.

One is a 2 bedroom - one bedroom has a queen bed. The other bedroom has a double and a single bed and rents for $125 a day.

Two more cabins have a queen and a single bed for $70 a day.

The remaining three cabins are taken. If you’d like a cabin and since they are limited, I suggest you call Carla at the Ranch Resort (530) 994-1033, but please let us know you reserved too. Your hosts are Redeye, CaddmanQ and Valdez

If you like to share a cabin, please post your request on this thread to hook it up with others wanting to share.

There is tent camping available for those wanting to save $$$ or miss out on a cabin.

There is an alternate motel two miles from the Ranch. The Sierra Motel, Phone: (530) 994-3751. $60 a night.

There is a grocery store one mile away and an early-morning café in town too.

Day 1, Friday, August 15th

Friday night there will be a group BBQ dinner at the Ranch, which Redeye and Anita is graciously putting together. They will BBQ their killer Tri Tip. During the evening, we will be able to visit around a campfire on the banks of Cold Creek. You can fish here, but its catch and release.

There is a private Trout pond to fish for a fee (no license required) too.

There’s no need to go anywhere, as you’ll be within steps of your cabin. There is a fairly well stocked grocery store one mile away.

Saturday morning, the 16th, we have a ride planned.

Day 2, Saturday, August 16th – 240 miles, 6 hrs (ride time). Sierraville to Chester http://tinyurl.com/5wzs8n

This is a beautiful ride through the Sierra’s. We will travel on good paved roads, with plenty of stops for pictures and sight seeing and then have lunch in Chester.

I’m suggesting a burger drive in call the Pine Shack Frosty, 321 Main St., Chester, CA. 96020, but anyone is welcome to choose another place, as there’s plenty of restaurants to choose from. Here are a few;
http://local.yahoo.com/CA/Chester/Fo...ts/Restaurants

After lunch we’ll return to Sierraville heading around Lake Almanor near Mt. Lassen. The trip back to the ranch will be on a completely different, but equally beautiful trail.

When we return to The Ranch Saturday night we may all go to Los Dos Hermanos Mexican Restaurant for dinner, which is just two miles from our cabins.

It is the best Mexican food you may ever eat! Check the five stars rating on this place in the middle of nowhere!
http://local.yahoo.com/info-28565221...os-sierraville

After dinner, those wanting to stop for a beer, Sid’s Place is on the way back to the Ranch. I know Cactus Jack would appreciate this :) Especially since the owner rides a Vulcan 800 Drifter.

Sunday will be departure day and here’s a tentative idea (subject to change). This ride will be for those having the time and want to see Lake Tahoe with a nice ride down Hwy 88 for a late meal in Jackson.

Day 3 – 150 miles, 4 hours, Sierraville to Jackson
http://tinyurl.com/6hyna9

We need a head count asap for the Friday BBQ. Reserve yours now!

Anyone riding from afar on Thursday, the 14th is welcome to spend Thursday night at the Valdez’ Casa, as room permits, and then it’s the yard.

Friday we’ll head up Hwy 49 along the "Golden Chain” to Sierraville. Here's a map – 130 miles, 2 hrs., 40 min. Sac to Sierraville http://tinyurl.com/6r6ow3

Contact any of us by PM or call Valdez (916) 616-8137

We hope to see you there.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-14-2008, 02:09 PM   #2

I won't be there, but it sounds like a great time.

Move to Colorado :)

Old 07-14-2008, 02:27 PM   #3
Mega-Contributor

I've been to Jackson, that's mighty nice country up there.

Let me see if I can swing it, depends on work schedules, etc.

Wow, it's 829 miles from my house to Sierraville. That's a 2-day ride for me. I found another route that takes me North out of Las Vegas on the NV side of the Sierras, looks like Hwy 95, through Tonopah, Fallon and Reno. Anybody ridden that route? Is gasoline readily available? I think Hwy 95 is called "the loneliest highway in America", I can see why. It's a little shorter than I-10, which wasn't as direct, still around 800 miles though.

Let me crunch some dates and numbers and I'll see if I can swing it. I'll have to use up my last vacation days to do it though. I'll let you know.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 07-14-2008, 03:13 PM   #4

Thanks to Valdez for listing me as a host. We will definately be there, and I'll do what I can as far as hosting, but I do NOT know the roads we'll be riding. That's half of why I want to go. The other half is to be with you guys. I hope to get to visit more with some folks I barely got to talk to in Mesquite. (Please remind me to take my frikkin' alergy pills!)

Also, I believe mdm44 and his Mrs. have dibbs on a cabin, so they're vanishing fast. We might need to have an arm wrestling contest to determine who gets the last ones!

PS: I think their website says they have 7 cabins, so there might be one more than we think.

Old 07-14-2008, 03:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack
I've been to Jackson, that's mighty nice country up there.

Let me see if I can swing it, depends on work schedules, etc.

Wow, it's 829 miles from my house to Sierraville. That's a 2-day ride for me. I found another route that takes me North out of Las Vegas on the NV side of the Sierras, looks like Hwy 95, through Tonopah, Fallon and Reno. Anybody ridden that route? Is gasoline readily available? I think Hwy 95 is called "the loneliest highway in America", I can see why. It's a little shorter than I-10, which wasn't as direct, still around 800 miles though.

Let me crunch some dates and numbers and I'll see if I can swing it. I'll have to use up my last vacation days to do it though. I'll let you know.
CJ - Actually Hwy 50 through Nevada is known as the "Lonliest Highway", but I think route 6 is worse.

95 is good road and more interesting than a freeway. Plenty of gas too.

I thought when I posted there was a beer bar in the area you might make it :) :)

Sure hope you do!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-14-2008, 03:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddmannq
Thanks to Valdez for listing me as a host. We will definately be there, and I'll do what I can as far as hosting, but I do NOT know the roads we'll be riding. That's half of why I want to go. The other half is to be with you guys. I hope to get to visit more with some folks I barely got to talk to in Mesquite. (Please remind me to take my frikkin' alergy pills!)

Also, I believe mdm44 and his Mrs. have dibbs on a cabin, so they're vanishing fast. We might need to have an arm wrestling contest to determine who gets the last ones!

PS: I think their website says they have 7 cabins, so there might be one more than we think.
Yes, we've offed one more cabin to MDM44 and his wife Dian.... We'll have ample time hang'n out together under a full moon too! The ride is fantastic and the views spectacular. Glad you're in.......

There are only six cabines actually. There's two cabins left, but one can sleep a bunch of people. Maybe Nico could bring his stable of ladies up for the night?

Throw some pills in your bag right now CQ. Then you won't forget'm

Old 07-14-2008, 03:44 PM   #7
Mega-Contributor

Good news/bad news. First, the bad news...

Well, I'd sure like to go, but I just don't see how I can do it. That would put me right at the last of my paid time off for the year, and I need some time off around the holidays. Thanks just the same, but I can't make it work this time.

And the good news is... without me, there will be ample beer for everyone else. Have a toast to me and call it good.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 07-14-2008, 03:56 PM   #8
Advanced Member

Quote:

And the good news is... without me, there will be ample beer for everyone else. Have a toast to me and call it good.
You were the reason I was loading up the dodge p/u with cases & cases of BUD, bud. Sorry that you won't make it. You will be missed.

Old 07-14-2008, 04:13 PM   #9

Sorry to hear that Jack. The bar owner in Sierraville heard you were coming and was pricing a new roof for the bar. He'll be disappointed you're not there too.

Old 07-14-2008, 04:16 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Lund
I won't be there, but it sounds like a great time.

Move to Colorado :)
When I said we'll be riding good paved roads, I thought you might be disappointed, thought less of us :)

Old 07-14-2008, 04:52 PM   #11

Quote:
...I'd sure like to go, but I just don't see how I can do it. That would put me right at the last of my paid time off for the year, and I need some time off around the holidays....
What? You never heard of sick days?

Didn't Dr. Nico recommend a week in the mountains to restore your defficient pollen resistance?

Old 07-15-2008, 12:41 AM   #12

Did I mention there will be full moon the weekend of August 15th?

But wait! there's more - stay tuned

Old 07-15-2008, 12:53 AM   #13

Hey Dan, I do wish we were closer to twist it on together. I enjoyed meeting and riding with you. Thanks for the great adventures you shared with us in Utah..... Come west young man.... You are welcome for a pit stop in Sacramento with me and that crazy women I found somewhere? I mean anytime.

Old 07-15-2008, 02:31 PM   #14
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddmannq
[quote author=cactusjack board=general thread=5241 post=95857 time=1216068286] quote]

What? You never heard of sick days?

Didn't Dr. Nico recommend a week in the mountains to restore your defficient pollen resistance?
I called in sick one time & the dispatcher asked me "what's wrong with you?" I said "I'm sick of working!!" click was his reply.

We're working on the menu for friday nite as I type this. -Rich

Old 07-15-2008, 02:42 PM   #15

OK, so officially we've got Valdez, Redeye, Mdm44, and I, and all of our wives, so 4 of the cabins are taken and two remain, right?

Some of you Cali guys better snap 'em up. This is gonna be the best ride to happen between now and the start of school.