Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 07-07-2008, 07:48 PM   #1

I endorse this message

On June 6, 2007, 33 Senators Voted Against English as America 's Official Language

On Wed. 6 June 2007 23:35:23 - 0500 Colonel Harry Riley (Retired)wrote:

Senators:
Your vote against an amendment to the immigration Bill 1348......to make English America's official language is astounding.

On D-Day, no less, when we honor those that sacrificed in order to secure the bedrock, character and principles of America , I can only surmise your vote reflects a loyalty to illegal aliens.

I don't much care where you come from. What your religion is. Whether you're black, white, or some other color...male or female......Democrat, Republican or Independent....... But I do care when you are a United States Senator representing Citizens of America ....and Vote against English as the official language of the United States .

Your vote reflects Betrayal.
Political Surrender. Violates Your Pledge of Allegiance. Dishonors historical principle. Rejects Patriotism. Borders on traitorous action and, in my opinion, makes you unfit to serve as a United States Senator...impeachment... Recall........Or other appropriate action is warranted or worse.

Four of you voting against English as America 's Official Language are Presidential Candidates: Senator Biden, Senator Clinton, Senator Dodd and Senator Obama.

Four Senators vying to lead America, but won't or
Don't have the courage to cast a vote in favor of 'English' as America 's Official Language when 91% of American Citizens want English officially designated as our language.

This is the second time in the last several months this list of Senators have disgraced themselves as 'political Hacks'...... Unworthy as Senators and certainly unqualified to serve as President of the United States .

If America is as angry as I am, you will realize a backlash so stunning it will literally 'rock you out of your panties'......... And preferably totally out of the United States Senate.

The entire immigration bill is a farce... Your action only confirms this really isn't about America .....it is about self-serving politics......despicable at best. It has been said:

'Never Argue with an Idiot....They'll drag you down to their level!'

PRESIDENT ABRAHAM LINCOLN

'Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or Hanged!!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-07-2008, 08:38 PM   #2

I endorse this message

I'm standing with you Wolfman. Most of our senators and congressmen/women, (note the PC) are not worthy of the office they hold.It's just a crying shame we can't seem to do better.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:40 PM   #3

I endorse this message

we are screwed something must be done :(

Old 07-07-2008, 09:45 PM   #4
Sr. Contributor

I endorse this message

Einstein said something to the effect that doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. We buy the same fairy-tales, and vote for butt holes just because they belong to some party we agree with 60% of the time and/or because we want to be "on the winning team" or they are the lesser of the two evils. These prophylactics play us the same way every time and we fall for it every time. Until 51% of the voting public wakes up and does something different, we are screwed. David Lynch and Stanley Kubric couldn't come up with a more bizarre reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basco
we are screwed something must be done :(
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 07-07-2008, 10:07 PM   #5

Send a message via MSN to scion0
I endorse this message

Seems like enough folks would get tired of being this way and "wake up!"

Mike
"Scion0"
VBA#: 0097
Former VBA North Central Asst Regional Leader
St Jude Rides Peoria to Memphis Rider
Retired MSgt, USAF (1979 -99)
"Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff!"
Current ride: 2012 H-D Ultra FLHTCU (Black)
Past ride: 2007 Black Nomad

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-07-2008, 10:13 PM   #6
Mega-Contributor

I endorse this message

There's at least a partial solution to this problem: TERM LIMITS. Get these career politicians out of office. The Ted Kennedys, Strom Thurmonds, Joe Bidens, Orrin Hatches, and their ilk should be limited to how much time they can spend in elected office.

As much as I respect John McCain as a patriot and I do think he's a decent guy, I think he will be four more years of the same (or worse). Unfortunately, his opponent doesn't thrill me, either. Hey, is Ron Paul still running?
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 07-07-2008, 10:58 PM   #7

I endorse this message

We have term limits in Nebraska for our state legislators.Now we have one of them as Mayor of Lincoln,and another as his top aide.Of course their main campaign theme was about how much experience they have, and of course the public bought into it. We have no one but ourselves to blame.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:12 PM   #8

I endorse this message

wasnt there a comic strip character that said "we have met the enemy, and he is us" ? seems like that applies here a little bit.

My prediction in November is that Apathy will win by a landslide. Even though the turnout will be much higher than the average presidential race, it will be far less than the number of registered voters.

I dont care who you vote for, but please exercise the right for which many patriots have sacrificed to ensure for us.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:17 PM   #9

I endorse this message

Outstanding thread, wm. Brings to mind lyrics from a George Harrison song " Beware of Darkness". The line says "...... beware of greedy leaders. They'll take you where you don't want to go, beware of darkness.... ". We are being led to become a country that is not the U.S. we have known. It is becoming a country that is not a leader in the world, but is being led by the world. We are being sold out by greedy politicians who only care about themselves, and not us. WE need to think of us, and run the bastards not only out of office, but out of town !!

Old 07-08-2008, 05:05 AM   #10

I endorse this message

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors...h-official.htm

Old 07-08-2008, 09:31 AM   #11

I endorse this message

Here ya go LW...it was POGO!

It was about Earth Day...definately works for our electeds too

Old 07-08-2008, 12:49 PM   #12
Top Contributor

I endorse this message

If you really want to get ticked off, search on "North American Union." Kiss the US goodbye if this goes through!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Union

Bob
KawaNOW/VBA 210
Green/Silver 2006
Patriot Guard Riders 2009

Old 07-08-2008, 05:10 PM   #13
Sr. Contributor

I endorse this message

The two parties would just substitute with another political machine player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack
There's at least a partial solution to this problem: TERM LIMITS. Get these career politicians out of office. The Ted Kennedys, Strom Thurmonds, Joe Bidens, Orrin Hatches, and their ilk should be limited to how much time they can spend in elected office.

As much as I respect John McCain as a patriot and I do think he's a decent guy, I think he will be four more years of the same (or worse). Unfortunately, his opponent doesn't thrill me, either. Hey, is Ron Paul still running?
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Old 07-08-2008, 05:12 PM   #14
Sr. Contributor

I endorse this message

It will be reality in the next 20-30 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket
If you really want to get ticked off, search on "North American Union." Kiss the US goodbye if this goes through!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Union
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Old 07-08-2008, 05:22 PM   #15
Sr. Contributor

I endorse this message

We need independent candidates and possibly another two parties that have teeth. With two parties, you will always have one that has a majority, and honestly, there is no competition. The other thing is to take the money out of it. I say no electioneering more than 6 weeks before any election. You could make it 8 or 12, but that's about it. Lastly, most politics are local. If you start electing independent candidates and candidates from parties other than the elephant and the jackass locally, you will develop another farm system if you will. What it comes down to is changing where the power is, and right now it is in two parties that really do not distinguish themselves individually or apart from each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Scion0"
Seems like enough folks would get tired of being this way and "wake up!"
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT