Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 03-19-2017, 05:45 PM   #1

First ride AI (after Ivan's)

FINALLY got a winter break to test out the bike after getting my ECU back from having Ivan flash it. Holy crap, wow! It almost feels like I gained an extra gear and way more power in the upper RPMs. I'm just cranky I waited this long to get it done. If anyone is questioning to have it done, don't! It'll be the best thing you ever do!

Matt Cantin
Mound,MN

VBA #03074

@mdcantin

2013 Voyager Pearl Crystal White / Metallic Phantom Silver
Vance & Hines Twin Slash Cut
Ivan's Performance ECU flash
Kuryakyn Alley Cat Air
Metrix KVR Amplifier & Speakers
iPod Adapter Kit

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-20-2017, 10:07 PM   #2

Yup

Old 03-20-2017, 11:12 PM   #3

Not fair not fair at all that you can ride. Still about a month and a half to go here before I get to feel the pavement again. Shucks

Old 03-21-2017, 07:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckey1313 View Post
Not fair not fair at all that you can ride. Still about a month and a half to go here before I get to feel the pavement again. Shucks
I hear you Dave. I am in New Brunswick. It was 6 degrees here today, but calling for snow tonight.

Old 03-22-2017, 03:06 AM   #5

Well Todd your even in a worse place than I am. I been watching your weather down east sure is a hummer for sure. I can not believe the last two years what you eastern riders have to put up with. Your a brave man living there.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-22-2017, 10:08 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckey1313 View Post
I don't know how you guys in the great white north do it. But then you don't have to put up with the orange comb over guy, so there's that.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:39 PM   #7

I got my bike in winter and ivanized my ecu before I ever hopped on it given the reviews here. I wish I would have rode it before to see how the stock bike ran. I'd like to know the difference. Either way the 1 time I've been out it drove like a dream!!!

Old 03-24-2017, 06:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryd View Post
I don't know how you guys in the great white north do it. But then you don't have to put up with the orange comb over guy, so there's that.
Kudos to your political system and your media for steering the Trump wrecking ball a little. He does have some good intentions like lowering corporate income taxes to allow the economy to grow in these difficult times, but he needs to surround himself with reasonable people and take their advice.

2015 Vaquero
Candy Lime Green
2000 Goldwing (136,000 km and still going strong)
2015 Street Glide (Garage Queen)
1975 Honda CB750F (Cafe Racer Project)

Old 03-24-2017, 07:59 AM   #9

I think when an Ivan reflash thread changes to liberal trump bashing thread, it's time to close it down.....

Old 03-24-2017, 08:03 PM   #10

Quote:
I got my bike in winter and ivanized my ecu before I ever hopped on it given the reviews here. I wish I would have rode it before to see how the stock bike ran. I'd like to know the difference. Either way the 1 time I've been out it drove like a dream!!!
I'll tell you my experience without the Ivan Job. Bought it with 1 mile on the clock. It rode like shit, I was going to take it back/ return it, it was so bad. I did take it back and they said it was the better of the few they sold and drove. After the recommended brake in period it was better. But the throttle lag and Jumpiness still sucked. Put a Rays Throttle mod on and it helped. But still weird. I have not done the Ivanizing yet, but I feel I must. So there you have it, I think..... Looks like your money was well spent if you like the bike.
Coming from a 1500 Classic it really sucked at first. I did like the motor was quieter and sounded well put together. The ride is very good, corners well, but I still have the jerkiness and the heat issues( it changes the timing and you loose power) in traffic. Ivan takes the power loss away so I have read. And cools it down faster with the ECU turning the fan on earlier.
So..... If you are happy with the bike then you never needed to Know what I just said. So forget I said it and Enjoy.

2016 1700 Vaquero 10/4/2016
2007 1500 Classic W/ Reckless Fairing, 42,000 miles
2004 600 Honda Shadow 18,000 miles
1989 500 Honda CX Custom 55,000 miles
1973 400 Kawi Triple 5,000 miles

Old 03-27-2017, 11:48 AM   #11

I've gotten my bike Ivanized over the winter, and I am eagerly waiting for it to clear up enough to take the bike out of storage finally. Considering the sheer volume of positive testimonies I have seen in the forum I found this forum through, I am 100% positive I will be EXTREMELY pleased with the results once I have her on the road again.

Old 03-27-2017, 03:00 PM   #12

another happy customer

have had my '14 vaquero for 1 year, and put about 10,000 KM on it. put the V&H slash cut slip- ons last year, and bit the bullet and sent the ECU off to Ivan last month. Was finally warm enough (6 degrees C) yesterday, so I installed the ECU and the chuckster BAK .

started the bike up and went for a short ride (20 KM). wow... what a difference. didn't drive it very hard (too much sand on the road still) but could notice the difference immediately. no lag, no popping, quicker acceleration etc.

feels like a new bike for sure.

not the cheapest upgrade, but worth every penny.

Thanks Chuckster and Ivan :)

Old 03-28-2017, 10:20 PM   #13

It's almost as if you are cheating on your bike with a new one......

Matt Cantin
Mound,MN

VBA #03074

@mdcantin

2013 Voyager Pearl Crystal White / Metallic Phantom Silver
Vance & Hines Twin Slash Cut
Ivan's Performance ECU flash
Kuryakyn Alley Cat Air
Metrix KVR Amplifier & Speakers
iPod Adapter Kit

Old 03-30-2017, 12:31 AM   #14

I am getting inspired by you guys to get mines done but I can do it until next season cause I well into riding season in Maryland so. But it will be in my to do list next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-30-2017, 02:43 AM   #15

I cut more than two weeks off the end of my riding season here last year while my ECU was in the mail to Ivan & back... And I'm pleased I didn't wait a moment more. Post-flash, it seems like every mile I rode before was only about half as good as it could have been. It really is that good.

Nothing screams poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape
'02 1500 blonde Nomad (Sold) '97 800 burgundy Classic (Sold)