Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 06-27-2008, 04:07 PM   #1
Advanced Member

Gettin’ Lucky

Though a misleading thread title, I have gotten very lucky at Lucky’s Motorsports in Royalton, VT. We hear many times about a “stealership” someone is unhappy with, but I would like to brag about my local motorcycle dealership. Lucky’s Motorsports deals mainly Yamaha for street bikes, but they are more than willing to help out owners of other brands. Some of the things they have done for me included giving me a loaner for a holiday weekend when they screwed up and ordered the wrong tire for my Valkyrie. My bike’s rear tire had quickly deteriorated and was unsafe by the time I got it to them. I got to enjoy an ’05 Road Star Silverado for three days. Recently, they called Premeux and negotiated dealership status so that I could order my fairing through them and use a special line of credit I have that few other places take. When I found a small puddle of coolant under my bike today, I rode in and asked to make an appointment to have my bike checked and fixed and they looked at it right then and effected an immediate repair until a gasket could be ordered to ensure a complete and proper fix. In the past I have gotten two Mustang seats through them. Kuryakyn Dually highway pegs, J&M headsets, and HJC ¾ helmets with clear and tinted face shields. They allow road tests on certain demo bikes and tolerate weekly visits when I come in and just look around. I only wish that they were a Kawasaki dealership, but you can’t have everything in life. The salesmen are very friendly and don’t hover around you when you come in to look around, but they are usually available to help you and always like talking bikes with anybody. The facility is newly built and really a model of a great powersport dealership. My hat’s off to Lucky’s Motorsports!!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-27-2008, 06:19 PM   #2

Gettin’ Lucky

Its pretty good when you can build a relationship like that with a dealer. Too many are out there just to squeeze every dollar out of you.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 06-28-2008, 04:41 AM   #3

Gettin’ Lucky

+1

Old 06-28-2008, 09:03 AM   #4

Gettin’ Lucky

Thanks for the update Racin.Unfortunately we usually only hear about things that upset folks. It's good to hear the good stories.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:33 AM   #5

Gettin’ Lucky

It seems the nature of most people is to loudly complain when something isn't right, but say nothing when everything is perfect.
Always love to hear a good report...especially about a dealer. Thanks for the post man.

Audiogooroo - Daryl Porter
Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-28-2008, 11:48 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to Idaho
Gettin’ Lucky

What AG said. It is nice to hear Kudos. Even better for you and the service that you enjoy.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 06-30-2008, 07:19 AM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to jussmatt
Gettin’ Lucky

RC...Looks like they got their Name right!! LOL! Glad to hear of a good dealership out there! I know that they exist! So far, I've been happy with mine, although, I think they could carry some more "add-ons"...but I understand trying to keep over head down. My local one is Wild West Honda, in Katy, TX. (for any of those interested in this area). They're a Honda, Kawasaki, BMW, KTM, Seadoo, and I think one other brand name... but regardless, they're a lot like your place. Thanks for posting some positive info bud!!! Ride Safe!!