Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 08-13-2016, 02:52 PM   #1

Question Error 21

Started getting this readout on the display of my 2011 Voyager when I turn the key on. Supposedly an issue with the crankshaft sensor. Anyone have any info on this? Could it be Ivan/flash related?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-15-2016, 09:58 PM   #2

no ---- disconnect battery cables from battery completely then connect them together for 30 seconds then put back together - positive first then neg. and see if the code comes back -- if there is an issue with the sensor or wiring the code will come back

if so see if u have a clean tight connection at the sensor - clean with electrical cleaner and unplug it several times to help clean the pins - just be careful not to damage anything --- if code don't come back after first step u should be good unless u are having an intermittent issue

Old 08-19-2016, 03:36 PM   #3

Dealer says everything checks out fine with the crankshaft sensor. All readings are where they should be. Everything is fine when its' running. He called MA Kaw and they said it was bad ECU. Had it Ivonized in the spring so I'm not replacing it as long as it's running ok. HMMMM.