Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 08-07-2016, 04:36 PM   #1

fairing

Updated question for Ya'll: For those that have installed a Memphis Shade batwing fairing; Is there enough of an improvement in wind reduction to justify the price of fairing, triggerlock mount, windshield and paint? Stock windshield does a pretty good job, but for cooler weather this fall I was just considering. Thanks .

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-08-2016, 07:35 AM   #2

I prefer the fairing over the windshield .... hands down. I used a Memphis Shades for a few years, then ungraded to a full fairing with stereo.
1996 800A Customized (SOLD)
2001 1500 Nomad (The Mistress)
2013 Voyager

2014 SE Rally - Elkins, WV
2016 SE Rally - Helen, Ga

Old 08-08-2016, 12:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillclimber View Post
Updated question for Ya'll: For those that have installed a Memphis Shade batwing fairing; Is there enough of an improvement in wind reduction to justify the price of fairing, triggerlock mount, windshield and paint? Stock windshield does a pretty good job, but for cooler weather this fall I was just considering. Thanks .
i had an 06 Nomad that i put almost 100k on, had the Memphis shades Fairing for many years

overall yes its worth it

2 things

1, mine cracked right up the middle in front about 8 inches after only a few months, i do not know what caused it, i ended up using gorilla tape inside an out, didint care how it looked, but it worked perfect after that for years

2. the inside of the fairing lets thru a TON of air right into your face!, i could not stand it at all, i made an aluminum shelf out of sheet aluminum to fit inside the fairing, it blocked the wind and made a nice shelf,

other than that i greatly liked it over the windshield, looks wise and functionality wise

Old 08-10-2016, 01:21 PM   #4

I don't have a Memphis fairing, I bought my fairing from a forum member and it may sound weird but the bike seems more responsive on turns. I did switch the smaller windshield for taller one to redirect the wind off my face. This is something you may want to consider if your tall.