Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 06-23-2008, 10:53 AM   #1

"Posse Report" Day One

WOW!
What a great 4 day's! Met Beezer 7am thurs. in Hamburg Pa. for the start of our journey. We rode Rt 81s to Hagerstown Md. where we met Mike & Gus for a great lunch at Blackeyed Susan's
Restaurant. From there we headed west on Rt 70w to Rt 68w to Rt 219s for the final leg South to Elkins. Our journey across Northern Md. was cool, Scenic but otherwise uneventful. On the Southern leg we passed some beautiful Lake's & Mountainside Views. We ran into our 1st rain of which more was to follow. Pulling off the road in the Pine Forrest was a bit tricky due to a berm and soft shoulder, but we managed without mishap and donned our rain-gear.We then continued our southward journey, I had one thing on my mind, a stop at "The Purple Fiddle" in Thomas WV for some........yep "ICE CREAM"! Tragedy struck its 1st blow.......They were low on Ice Cream... Ha, I got the last dip of Cookies & Cream yippee. Beezer Gus & Mike had to settle for Vanilla or Chocolate. Then of all things as we were about to leave
here comes the Ice Cream Wagon with an ENORMOUS new supply of Ice Cream, Gadzooks! We had a difficult decision to make, Stay... for the chance to put a hurting on the new supply....or.... move on to our destination in the rain........Due to my jaded thinking & poor judgment in these kind of decisions we took a vote 3 to 1 to move on. well just after leaving Thomas & heading South on Rt 32 just South of Davis we encountered a torrential downpour. ( I'll never forgive those guys for that decision) So as we were on this twisting winding road
heading for Harmon WV & Rt 33w into Elkins in this uh Rain (I hate Rain) I just figured get it over with quick so I turned the wick up, doin about 60 or 70 to get out of the rain.... didn't work it just followed me all the way to Rt 33w I slowed down and waited for those dissenting voters as we approached the intersection for the final leg into Elkins. We turned onto Rt 33w and only rode about 4mi & the Sun broke out yahoo, so for the final sprint into Elkins we had Sun & some warmer temps as the Ole Dawg was a bit "Chilled to the Bone" As we pulled in to the Super 8 it was great to see all the Nomads lined up out front.
We no sooner got unpacked & signed in than the other two Posse members Joe & Howard pulled in, they took a different route 550 mi. our ride was around 350mi. Then it was off to the showers, quick sandwich, and REST for this Dawg ZZZZZZZ!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-23-2008, 12:41 PM   #2

"Posse Report" Day One

Great report!! Glad you had a good time and thanks for sharing.

Old 06-24-2008, 05:42 PM   #3

"Posse Report" Day One

Yes we did have a great time!

Old 06-24-2008, 06:13 PM   #4
Top Contributor

"Posse Report" Day One

That first day was a fun day as well making new friends with Gus and Mike and on to meet all the others.