Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 04-25-2015, 12:11 PM   #1

Be very careful

I ordered a set of lower saddlebag rails from Amazon, though a vendor named West Chrome. They are NOT the west chrome in California that sells LED lights and chrome for big trucks.
Anyway, the left rail showed up with scratches and pitting on it. I emailed the seller, which were promptly ignored for a week, and I filed a claim with Amazon.
The seller sent me a shipping label, with which I would have to pay return shipping. I refused, so he sends me to ups, tells me they will return to sender with no shipping charges. No, they won't.
Anyway, the name of the outfit is really, Wests Chrome, and they're in Texas. Avoid them at all costs.
Any reputable dealer would have had a new set in my hands by now with a prepaid label for the return.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-25-2015, 01:05 PM   #2
Sr. Contributor

Ugg

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 04-25-2015, 01:20 PM   #3
Advanced Member

I had a similar situation with a very poorly finished set of top saddlebag rails that I purchased through Amazon. I returned them, paying the return shipping cost, and then Amazon issued me a credit on my account for that amount. It's only applicable for purchase of certain media items such as DVDs, CD etc., carried by Amazon but it was better than nothing.

Old 04-25-2015, 04:39 PM   #4

The problem I have is that no one is talking to me. I get these form letter emails that are filled with pages of indecipherable crap that I'm suppose to use as guidelines.
Think I'll just buy local from now on.........

Old 04-26-2015, 01:57 AM   #5

That's pretty much standard practice with Amazon and Ebay purchase's,i have had several situation's like that,i just threatened to give them a shit write up and they've sent a replacement free of charge every time,and i got to keep the original

Login or Register to Remove Ads